Archived Hours cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think pharmacy is probably the only department that does this...
We keep getting requests from other stores to cover vacations so I'm going to check today and see if I can pick up some more hours at some other stores nearby since my hours for the next 2 weeks are horrible (Sun, Tues-3.5 hrs, Thurs3.5 hrs, Fri 4 hrs, then Mon, Fri 4 hrs, Sat)...They're short shifts at the other stores (most are about 4 hours) so it will only be a few hours here and there, but it's better than nothing!

Our pharmacy team members always get a minimum of 4.5 hour shifts. Alot of times they get a lunch shift.

Our pharmacy team members always get a minimum of 4.5 hour shifts. Alot of times they get a lunch shift.
Ours aren't (obviously). I've even had 3 and 3.5 hour shifts!
Make, don't forget to logged your miles to the other store. You get paid for it.
Really??? Nobody told me that! Even if it's the same distance from my house? My store is north, one store is east, the other is south and all are within 2 miles difference.

The last time I had to take a training class at another store, my hr told to logged my mileage back & forth. Ck with your etl or hr.

Voluntary or not, you should still note your mileage for compensation.

Voluntary or not, you should still note your mileage for compensation.

Only if it is over a certain distance. That distance is somewhere around 50 miles. I remember this because it is coincidentally just under the distance to our next major city. This is according to our ETL-HR.

I have gotten mileage for store support in the next major city. I have not gotten mileage for store support or training in our local area where the commute was less than the distance limit for mileage compensation.

Only if it is over a certain distance. That distance is somewhere around 50 miles. I remember this because it is coincidentally just under the distance to our next major city. This is according to our ETL-HR.

I have gotten mileage for store support in the next major city. I have not gotten mileage for store support or training in our local area where the commute was less than the distance limit for mileage compensation.

That makes sense....this would be <10 miles.

And the scheduling saga continues...15 hours next week (including Sat), 30 the following (including Sunday & Saturday). We have 2 people on vacation all/part of next week and one 3 days the following (Sun-Tues), but I'm not really "covering" for her the 2nd week because she still has her average hours. I give up!

My hours have actually started going back up and without having to try to pick up shifts. I have 33.5 this coming week and 38.75 the week after. I really hope this keeps up. What would really make this near perfect would be if they gave me some sales floor shifts mixed in with the cashier shifts. Oh, well, I can dream:D

I'm averaging low 20s per week. At my store, the seasonal TMs are getting tons of hours, but the rest of us are getting much less. I get a lot of shifts, but they're all short shifts. And I have pretty decent availability around school and my other job.

I was getting tons of hrs (this week I have 39.5) and then they seem to drop off. Had 18 this coming week but managed to bring it up to 33 by picking up a couple of shifts. On the new schedule I have 31 which isn't too bad but not great.

I have learned something with most may or may not know. Unless you are a TL, no matter who you are or how long you have been at target, your hours will never been constant and your schedule will always be different. All ETLs care about is getting proper coverage in their departments and making themselves look good.

At my store, at least in specialty departments where schedules are written by TLs and there is a limited number of TMs such as produce at my store everyone gets the hours that they want. Since my departments hours don't fluctuate much more than 10-15 hours per week over the year we make sure that we are staffed so that everyone is scheduled how they want to be, we have 6 TMs and only two aren't at 40 every week, both of them only want to work 15-20 hours cuz of school/other job.

So, I guess I am saying that if you want 'protected' or 'guaranteed' (note that they are in quotes, they are still not 100%, but, I would consider them 95%) hours I would suggest moving to a specialty are such as fitting room, hr, photo, guest service, food ave, starbucks, deli, bakery, produce, meat, pFresh?, InStocks, price accuracy, signing, etc. It will depend on the TL and the staffing of that area, but, at my store pretty much everyone who isn't under one of the generic titles like Sales Floor, Cashier, or Backroom get the hours that they want/need.

At my store, at least in specialty departments where schedules are written by TLs and there is a limited number of TMs such as produce at my store everyone gets the hours that they want. Since my departments hours don't fluctuate much more than 10-15 hours per week over the year we make sure that we are staffed so that everyone is scheduled how they want to be, we have 6 TMs and only two aren't at 40 every week, both of them only want to work 15-20 hours cuz of school/other job.

So, I guess I am saying that if you want 'protected' or 'guaranteed' (note that they are in quotes, they are still not 100%, but, I would consider them 95%) hours I would suggest moving to a specialty are such as fitting room, hr, photo, guest service, food ave, starbucks, deli, bakery, produce, meat, pFresh?, InStocks, price accuracy, signing, etc. It will depend on the TL and the staffing of that area, but, at my store pretty much everyone who isn't under one of the generic titles like Sales Floor, Cashier, or Backroom get the hours that they want/need.

Backroom, 40 hours a week. 2 years and still going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back