Archived Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this winter still hanging around...hours are getting cut so bad. Anyone else's store too?

I am working 6 days in a row with the new schedule -- just for 28 hours. The ETL's do the scheduling now and mine knows I would really like 36 to 38 hours -- that's why I said I would work 6 days in a row (from Jan to April, I'm doing this -- it sucks). I work my ass off and this is what I get. So today and from now on...NOT going above and beyond. Why should I -- it doesn't seem to matter.

Thinking about talking the the HR person just to let her know how I feel and that I'm very upset. I can work lots of other workstations but the ETLs don't talk to each other when doing up the schedules -- and that's stupid!

Sorry just had to vent....guess I'm getting tired of working 6 days in a row (good thing I have Easter Sunday off -- BUT it's at my house this year -- think I would rather work). :girl_sigh:

For those of us who need the hrs, days off aren't really a choice.
I've worked 11 days straight, 10-11 hr days, 3 different work centers in one day - whatever it takes.
Yeh, I'm burning out but unemployment is still really high around here.

I got a grand total of 8 hours this week, knocked down from 24. Our payroll is terrible right now. The other night, our 6-10 closing shift was the only time we had team members on the floor; 1 Hardlines, 1 Electronics, 1 Softlines, 1 Market.

You must work at my store. You are echoing what many team members are saying. I hear we are cutting hours tohelp support Canadian stores openings.

Before that, they cut our hours to support the introduction of P-Fresh.

I'm sure they'll have a NEW reason to cut hours & force people to kill themselves trying to do the job of 2 people.

And yet, the TMs will never reap the benefits of our sacrifices. It's all give & no take.

At this rate, I'll have to cancel my health insurance because I won't be taking home anything otherwise.

Reactions: NOP
That is true. No sales, no payroll.

Sales are up at our store. Payroll is very tight. This morning we came in to 15 carts of hardlines reshop, 8 softlines carts, and 3 softlines rolling racks. Yesterday was similar. Wed. and Thursday are our all scan days, but we can't scan because of all the reshop. Our store will be empty next week. By the time we get the reshop done and the autofills pushed there's no time scheduled to complete the ptm task list. The store looks terrible. I feel most sorry for my TL who will be at the bottom of the hill that it's all rolling down. I wish the rest of you would get to work so Target would realize some profit and my store could schedule to meet the needs of our guests. (since this topic is causing bruises, I'll tell you that that was supposed to be a joke. :) )

*me organizes a ninja work party that infiltrates Rarejem's store; HLM is driving*

I bring the throwing stars and juice boxes.

Picking up mr k, rg, & babytrees along the way...for extra fast help with the reshop.
oh lawd, I don't wanna do any more reshop...lol. I will super sort it for you all...cut time down real good my pretties.

ok. here is 8 carts & 3 rooling racks of softlines reshop unsorted ....

*me organizes a ninja work party that infiltrates Rarejem's store; HLM is driving*

I bring the throwing stars and juice boxes.

Picking up mr k, rg, & babytrees along the way...for extra fast help with the reshop.
oh lawd, I don't wanna do any more reshop...lol. I will super sort it for you all...cut time down real good my pretties.

ok. here is 8 carts & 3 rooling racks of softlines reshop unsorted ....

better to be unsorted than the "sorting" some of the other tm's do.

and retail girl....I get you!! HBA is fairly easy and sometimes you just get sick of seeing the same carts week in and out.

Who wants this cart full of stuff with "needs dpci" tags that I found stuffed in all of my furniture displays?

I'll push the 7 carts of large Domestics items to get those out of the way, then I'll help Smart Sort at Guest Service. I'll also respond to back-up at the lanes if your guests are better behaved than the ones at my store and want to open Red Cards.

Hours were up and now down they go.............. Same old same old.......... Not knocking you OP I am talking in general:wacko: They need you when they get all the call offs on let's say a random sat night and hey we want go party so we will call team member 1, 2, 3 and so on see if they want to work on the floor because oh no we are short on the floor because shoot we didn't schedule enough people! Scramble,scramble....... Surprise no one comes in because it is a Saturday night gee I am shocked or is it because maybe just just maybe people are bitter because they didn't get any hrs and honestly why should they give up a Saturday night to come in to Target? Yep it stinks for us because no one wants to come in but at the same time if they scheduled more people and the hrs are okay..... I just don't get it sometimes and never will it wasn't like this a year or so ago.

We get almost literally shoved out the door at our scheduled end times on closing shifts. There is one etl that always closes on Wed. and we are all usually scheduled until 11:15 and with her we never get out before 11:45. I really don't know how she gets away with it with how they keep cutting hrs.

I'm waiting for the email saying the pharmacy thing is screwed up yet again....as of the 28th, we had processed more scripts than in February in less hours, yet we were STILL over for the month??? We had been "under" the previous 2 weeks too, which REALLY doesn't make sense :huh: Unfortunately, I'm never the one who gets my hours cut :(

Who wants this cart full of stuff with "needs dpci" tags that I found stuffed in all of my furniture displays?

Those things are terrible, especially when the items are part of a set. Actually the bad part is when you find the DPCI and you realize you don't have a pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back