Archived How bad is your Pfresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Pfresh is ok, but other areas have had infestations over the last year or so. I'll never buy pet food/supplies from Target after the things I've seen in our back room.

yes i posted this in the market thread here: http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/is-this-real-life-a-market-vent-thread.6722/page-54

but i'm sure someone will get fired.

My pfresh is the only successful one in my district !! We order and get about 3 to 4 pallets of produce, 4 days a week and we sell them fast.
We go through about 12 boxes of bananas a day, 15 boxes of 1lb strawberries, 2 to 3 boxes of bagged apples, about 10 clementines Cuties (5lbs), 10 Halos (3lbs), grapes about 20 red, 10 green and bagged salads just sell like crazy. We have 3 red tubs full of the grapes, halos, berries and just push all day long as needed.

We still manage to sweep and keep things clean and neat, no droppings at my store.

Last edited:
Aside from the wasting of otherwise perfectly good food via culls, our pFresh section is actually pretty good. Better than most other departments.

Thought I would share this story to see if anyone else experienced their Pfresh shut down. I remember all of the Steritech visits and the pressure district put on stores to meet standards. Wonder who's getting termed for this.

Columbia Heights Target Food Section Closed
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Columbia-Heights-Target-Food-Section-Closed-299442371.html

Bad PMT for not logging pests

Bad CTL for not communicating to leaders in regards to uncleanliness

Bad ETL's for not noting issues during their Sales Walks

Bad STL for not following up on all of this after the first inspection.

Heads are going to roll. Food is about 25%-35% sales in my store...I can't imagine losing a third of sales every day without consequences.

Oh and ours is pretty top notch. We've had 1 yellow visit in the last couple of years. And typically the issues are off-stage/Food Ave.

Yup. Anything less than green is sbux/fa or dates in the backroom not on the floor.
Oh and ours is pretty top notch. We've had 1 yellow visit in the last couple of years. And typically the issues are off-stage/Food Ave.

if you forgive the mold growing in the wacos then it is pretty good, excepting the odd outdated shelf of product here and there out on the sales floor

Thought I would share this story to see if anyone else experienced their Pfresh shut down. I remember all of the Steritech visits and the pressure district put on stores to meet standards. Wonder who's getting termed for this.

Columbia Heights Target Food Section Closed
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Columbia-Heights-Target-Food-Section-Closed-299442371.html

oh my

they're in my district.

I'm surprised we haven't been shut down. We had rats in the backroom. Granted they're not in pFresh and didn't go on the floor but they were in dry market's section of the backroom. And Steritech knew about it so idk

We have black beetles all on the outside of the store, and When I came in at 6 am one day, one passed in front of me in the store! and saw two that were near death due to them spraying. it's like infested haha

I haven't been around for a Steritech visit in some time, but our food areas are pretty clean. Aside from an injured bird a few years ago and the occasional spider, I haven't witnessed any pest control problems in my time with Spot.

They visited us too. My GSTL really freaked out to make sure I hid my water away from guests view...how bad is a bottle of water?

Our automatic doors weren't working one day so the LOD set them in the 'open' position since the weather was nice, etc.
We had birds flying thru the store & a few droppings were discovered later.

I fear my store is going to this point. There are simply too much expectations and not enough time or people to get it all done. Except for weekends, we never have double coverage. On closes during the week, there is no time to clean except for the daily cleaning. We have to keep the produce full, meat full, eggs full, milk full, bananas full, do the daily cleaning in the backroom, zone part of dry, zone all of p fresh, cull p fresh as we zone and throw out any qmos we create. On weekends, it is more filling and with a mid, they help with the zone. Plus once a week on a close, I have to do the order.

Openers are the only ones who have time to clean at my store and I only open once a week, maybe.

@qmosqueen - sorry for the repost.

Our district, which is nearby, was strict on Pfresh and Steritech visits. I always had to make sure we had ample traps, the back room was swept, and all food storage areas were clean. I'm curious what HQ thinks about this.

Target should abandon food or provide adequate Payroll to keep standards high. Pfresh, FA, and SB are areas where cutting corners can hurt down the road. With how successful some Pfresh stores are, you would think more attention would be given to keep those areas well stocked, FIFO'd, and clean. I should stop by this Target on my way to work.

@qmosqueen - sorry for the repost.

Our district, which is nearby, was strict on Pfresh and Steritech visits. I always had to make sure we had ample traps, the back room was swept, and all food storage areas were clean. I'm curious what HQ thinks about this.

Target should abandon food or provide adequate Payroll to keep standards high. Pfresh, FA, and SB are areas where cutting corners can hurt down the road. With how successful some Pfresh stores are, you would think more attention would be given to keep those areas well stocked, FIFO'd, and clean. I should stop by this Target on my way to work.

My district is also near by this DC store. My store, however, is not strict on Pfresh and Steritech visits, at least to my knowledge. I cant remember the last time we got a green in steritech when we have had our current STL. Food is not his prioroty. Ever since he become out STL, expectations have risin, responsibilities have risin and food has dropped to the lowest worry of my STL. If food was a priority, my p fresh (backroom included) wouldnt be the way it is.

I fear my store is going to this point. There are simply too much expectations and not enough time or people to get it all done. Except for weekends, we never have double coverage. On closes during the week, there is no time to clean except for the daily cleaning. We have to keep the produce full, meat full, eggs full, milk full, bananas full, do the daily cleaning in the backroom, zone part of dry, zone all of p fresh, cull p fresh as we zone and throw out any qmos we create. On weekends, it is more filling and with a mid, they help with the zone. Plus once a week on a close, I have to do the order.

Openers are the only ones who have time to clean at my store and I only open once a week, maybe.
I would love to have one or two mid shifts each week that were just dedicated to weekly/monthly cleaning tasks. We could switch between which market TM gets the mid shifts so it would be fair, and we would actually have time to do a thorough job/actually do the task. That's getting my hopes up too high though unfortunately.

My district is also near by this DC store. My store, however, is not strict on Pfresh and Steritech visits, at least to my knowledge. I cant remember the last time we got a green in steritech when we have had our current STL. Food is not his prioroty. Ever since he become out STL, expectations have risin, responsibilities have risin and food has dropped to the lowest worry of my STL. If food was a priority, my p fresh (backroom included) wouldnt be the way it is.

yeah you try being IN that district hahahahaha

The pfresh at my store is very clean. I actually just spent the last two days cleaning the shelving and metal racks and plastic that covers the fan systems in our open air coolers. Such a daunting and dirty task, but it's done! The past PAs that we've had didn't ever prioritize keeping the area clean. It used to be really bad, to the point where someone thought the dry produce table was reset not just cleaned when I finished with it. Most of our streritech visits are green. When they aren't it's usually because there is a problem at FA or Starbucks.

The ONLY issue we've had with pests was when we got shipped a case of tick infested corn on the cob. Just thinking about that episode makes my skin crawl!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back