Archived How Can I "NOT" Help You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's just something immensely satisfying about turning something so horrendously messed up into a perfectly organized area. I always felt the same way about deep zoning the panty wall or yoga pants in IHP.
While that's true, I can only be so satisfied before some kids run through and undo all my hard work five minutes later.

Tell you an item looks nice on you when it really doesnt.
Guests have gotten deeply offended when I tell them you usually have to go up a size for Xhiliration. Like I'm not calling you fat? It's just that it's cut to fit tiny 13 to 15 year olds is all

Demand to be transferred to Electronics/Guest Services without telling me what they want or giving me a chance to answer their question. Yeah, I don't have the inventory of lost and found in my head nor can I offer a in-depth comparison between the X-Box, Playstation and Switch, but I can answer basic return questions, I know if we have the Switch or Fire Stick in stock and I can answer basic electronics questions. No need to tie them up on the phone unless it's beyond my knowledge.

We had a drugged-up guest the other day who came in the store wearing no shirt. When approached, he got extremely offended and pulled out a pocket knife...
He left without a huge incident but not before frightening some guests/TMs/TLs.

We also had a guest recently that was in the store for four hours. She was dressed in super short shorts and a tanktop and was just wandering around, but not necessarily actively drunk or under the influence - But definitely interesting. Multiple TMs called her out, but one was helping her and she asked the TM to tie the shoe she was trying on because she "trusted only her". The TM did what she could to help her (bless her soul because I wouldn't have had the patience she did), but had to hand her off to a nearby TM before she hit compliance. She explained this to the "guest" and 30 minutes later the guest asked me where the TM went, even though she had already been given an explanation previously. She waited 20 or so minutes before finally leaving because the TM wasn't coming back. So weird. She refused to have anyone else asssist her but the TM from before. Thankfully, the TM didn't have to deal with her anymore because the lady finally left and went to a nearby shopping center to bug people there. She didn't purchase anything but left a nice mess in Softlines..

Some "guests" drive me nuts! :rolleyes:

To Corp:
Stop calling them 'guests', for Pete's sake.
'Guests' make them sound like delightful people giving us their charming patronage instead of the entitled bitch-bags with their ill-behaved progeny that wreak havoc in my cafe.

Guests are people who visit with you. People who trash your lane, unpackage panties, leave a trail of popcorn, allow their children to drool on product, those are potential CUSTOMERS.

But Target wants to call each and every one of them guest. Maybe if they had some manners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back