Archived How has morale been at your stores with all the recent payroll cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we had 9 call ins today... All the new hires.. And they keep giving them hours over all of us who came in last min.. What the hell lol I told them at huddle tonight they need to give us the hours and then call them if they need extra help. They actually agreed but if that will happen Is another story. :rolleyes:

So we had 9 call ins today... All the new hires.. And they keep giving them hours over all of us who came in last min.. What the hell lol I told them at huddle tonight they need to give us the hours and then call them if they need extra help. They actually agreed but if that will happen Is another story. :rolleyes:

We had 6 call outs today but we are a lower volume store. 3 cashiers called out, 2 from softlines and 1 from market. Salesfloor was constantly at the registers. I don't think they got any of their stuff done because right now they aren't calling people in for call outs. Today was an awful day, I was so happy when I was finally off.

We had 6 call outs today but we are a lower volume store. 3 cashiers called out, 2 from softlines and 1 from market. Salesfloor was constantly at the registers. I don't think they got any of their stuff done because right now they aren't calling people in for call outs. Today was an awful day, I was so happy when I was finally off.

Yeah we got alot done because they called In those of us who actually don't slack off but the store still looks like hell cause we don't have time to zone :confused:

This is so self-defeating because the practice of giving newbies more hours was to get them used to a heavier schedule (Q4) & used to performing the various duties without supervision.
It turns out they don't want the additional responsibility so they call out screwing the store AND the experienced TMs who could use those hours.

This is so self-defeating because the practice of giving newbies more hours was to get them used to a heavier schedule (Q4) & used to performing the various duties without supervision.
It turns out they don't want the additional responsibility so they call out screwing the store AND the experienced TMs who could use those hours.

Cause anytime the sun comes out the little kids want to party. So adults get stuck on a register for hours and then have to scramble to put out fires. Even when hey do show up they just don't get it..

Or mom and dad want to go somewhere, or little brother/sister graduates 5th grade and they have to go. But didn't plan it so call out! But still get 40hrs during spring break. But call out 20hrs of it.

Morale has been pretty shitty at my store. Of course, the fact that we're losing our overnight doesn't really help anything.

Cause anytime the sun comes out the little kids want to party. So adults get stuck on a register for hours and then have to scramble to put out fires. Even when hey do show up they just don't get it..

Or mom and dad want to go somewhere, or little brother/sister graduates 5th grade and they have to go. But didn't plan it so call out! But still get 40hrs during spring break. But call out 20hrs of it.

They just have some sun sickness...it gets really bad in spring/summer

FLOW. Sched 22 hours. Lucky to get 18 - 19 by the end of week. TL says at 4.5 hours into shift lately: Just finish whats in your hand & clock out.

Whenever I'm scheduled for SFS, I constantly ask myself, "Why do these people keep ordering from Target? Amazon is superior in almost every single way."
The only good reason I can think of is if they have gift cards, but even then..

The only good reason I can think of is if they have gift cards, but even then..

It's not even worth it for the 5% off. Then there are the people who have small useless items shipped to their store, which usually takes 5-7 days. Just... WHY?

It's not even worth it for the 5% off. Then there are the people who have small useless items shipped to their store, which usually takes 5-7 days. Just... WHY?

If it's little things, they probably had trouble finding it locally and they didn't wanna pay for shipping.

I had something (not little) shipped to store because I have a problem with USPS either not delivering my packages, or delivering them but leaving them on the sidewalk instead of the porch for sticky fingers to pick up on their way home from school and such. Happened so many times I try to avoid USPS whenever possible. I hate tgt's site but I needed snow boots and I waited too long to find my size locally.

Whenever I'm scheduled for SFS, I constantly ask myself, "Why do these people keep ordering from Target? Amazon is superior in almost every single way."

Long LOOOONGGG before I worked for TGT.. I am a big fan of order it, ship it..I've always been some one who can outshop any girl, any day... :p

But...

I don't think amzn is all that and a bag of chips... I very very rarely if ever used amzn for much before TGT and no chnage now.. amzn just is not my go to source

FREE SHIP! Regardless of order size... simply because I have a RC! NO FEE for it! ie: prime at $99.. OVER PRICED!

Discounts: TM + RC + FREE SHIP....Oh and if its C9... wooot BAM DISCOUNT AGAIN! C9 makes great lounge wear.. aint no active to it! :) ;)

The biggest gripe I have with any and ALL retailers is using that CRAP MAIL SOLUTIONS etc.. where FedEx and UPS etc. drop crap off to the USPS! Adding a day to delivery! :) Especially when I am PAYING FOR SHIPPING! Don't call is UPS when it is Mail Solutions.. that is USPS!

The biggest failing is the TGT website, but that is a public view of the failings of IT which is more pandemic internally.

Don't call is UPS when it is Mail Solutions.. that is USPS!
How isn't that UPS (or Fedex if it's smartpost) when USPS is literally just the last mile delivery IF and only if UPS doesn't have to go down to your area already that day? 90% of my packages that come that way are still delivered by UPS since the truck is in my neighborhood anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back