Archived How has morale been at your stores with all the recent payroll cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like somebody's leadership wasn't managing the payroll very well!

On a side note, the Target I shopped at this afternoon (cruising the clearance) looked like hell. Carts of reshop all over the store. SD looked like there was an explosion. I'm sure it will stay like that until they can tap their March hours. Way to tarnish the brand lookin' like a Walmart!

We have like 30 carts of reshop in the break room, the backroom is a fire hazard, the shelves look like shit cause we all don't care about fixing anything, it's just gross and embarrassing but with the morale being down no one tries hard to make it look nice. That and there's one tm on the sales floor. It was me today and I had 18 pulls to do but they don't have enough cashiers so I was called up for 75 percent of my shift. It's like if management doesn't care why should we

I have one job application submitted and I'm looking to submit another one tomorrow if that answers your question.

That's an awesome idea! Our STL and ETLGE got chewed out on the last visit for having reshop at the first few checklanes. But there's no way in hell any visitor would step into our break room.

My store that would not work, you have to pass through the break room to get to conference room. And I know people would steal half the stuff in the carts.

My store that would not work, you have to pass through the break room to get to conference room. And I know people would steal half the stuff in the carts.

Didn't even think of the stealing I wonder how much of that has happened at my store lol

My hours and several other folks have been cut from 20/week to 11/week for the past month. Absolutely ridiculous. Meanwhile, the newer hires have been increased from 20 to 35. Literally all the new hires are getting 35 hours, and they are all complaining about how they don't get enough hours. I don't get it.

I'm really confused about my store. We're a low volume and hours seem...fine. People even try to give away their shifts. The problem is whoever makes the schedule is just stupid and has 3 cashiers leave at 8pm and one at 8:30 (yes this happened and then we had one cashier until closing at 11)

People here aren't pissed at low hours we're pissed at stupidly assigning the hours

I'm really confused about my store. We're a low volume and hours seem...fine. People even try to give away their shifts. The problem is whoever makes the schedule is just stupid and has 3 cashiers leave at 8pm and one at 8:30 (yes this happened and then we had one cashier until closing at 11)

People here aren't pissed at low hours we're pissed at stupidly assigning the hours

This. My store exactly although I don't know the volume and how to find it. But everything else? Yes. So much yes.

I'm getting desperate. I need as close to 40 hours a week as possible. The lowest I've gotten was in the upper 20s, but I usually wind up close to 35-ish or more from picking up shifts. I have complete open availability and am willing to work in any work center. I'm waiting to get training for three new areas right now. TMs in both my work centers come to me first to pick up shifts they don't want/need to swap. I never miss a shift (once in just over a year). Yet I am given horrible schedules and they are cutting back my hours. We have a new ETL-HR coming on board who seems to be pretty cool but I'm hoping for some changes and less favoritism.

Morale's been not so great. Hours have dropped, so has vibe, and they KNOW it's because hours have dropped but they still suck. I know it's not the leaders fault but I can't help but resent them a little when I get 21 hours a week, 3 hour shifts, and my requests to be off before 6pm as "please give me this day totally off oh and also the day before and the day after".

We have that too. We even have a few times where all the under age kids are cashiering and gave to leave at 945 and there's no cashiers for the last 15 min so we all have to run up there and stay past ten checking guests out

But that's for Starbucks/Food Ave, where apparently no one wants to work
I have several people who want to work Sbux, but I don't want to start chipping away at my team's hours--they are going to have to wait until someone leaves or hours get better.

Wasn't retention a focus...like... last week?

I feel lucky to get the hours I do after hearing from all of you + some at my store. Morale at my store is about as low as I have ever seen it.

Our Plano Team + Me are at like 130 hrs (between the 3.5 of us), but I believe that is because it is our busiest time of year.

Last edited:
My stores morale is taking a hit for sure. Im usually super positive and even my morale is going down the toilet. Im so sick and tired of it. This is literally the worst its been ever for hours at my store. When you constantly have your operator/fitting room person coming in at 10, electronics at 10 and only 2-3 people total for the entire day in hardlines and softlines combined, its not going to be a good time. There were tons of days over the past couple weeks where are hardlines and softlines each had 1 person scheduled from 6-10 and that was it. When I worked tuesday night my fellow PA told me they had been on the checklanes for 2 hours. My closer last night left a letter apologizing about the zone and pulls because they forced them to zone another part of the store (cuz that makes sense right).

Our Market schedule for next week is opener 6-12 and closer 3-7. Like? Really? Really? How are we supposed to do anything. And we still are doing that whole hour long 4x4 or projects that need to be done around the store from 8-9 as well every single weekday.

Thankfully my stores hours have been picking up the last few weeks. The new schedule we out out last Thursday store wide we and 4100 hours.

Morale has been bad here too. I'm back at just about 40 hours for the schedule starting tomorrow, though. No complaints. I'm happy I am back up from 17 hours a few weeks ago.

I am at my wits end, last week I had 25 this week I had 16, next week I have 15.25 and the schedule that just came out I have 14.0!!!! :mad: If things don't get better soon then I am finding another place to work, I am giving it to the end of march and if it doesn't improve by then I am going to actively start looking for a new job (might even quit on the spot) I need at least 20 hrs a week to pay bills, luckily I live with my parents or I would be homeless

Even if/when hours pick up, I can't believe that management will be given the tools or budget to improve morale.

I was strongly considering coming back to Spot, but now thinking more like I got out just in time!

16 hours is not enough. I hate to say it but I might have to look for a 2nd job. Maybe Lowes or Home depot will hire, I hate to think about being a cashier but It might be the only option.

Target isn't accountable to its store workers though

BS! BS! BS! :mad:

Companies, HAVE a CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY to EMPLOYEES TOO!

, it's accountable to the share holders. Everyone has their bosses all the way to
the front man

The problem is that corporate management is NOT willing to stand up to the the current stockholders, be it TGT or any other company.

US investors can barely see the next quarter, most foreign investors are looking YEARS down the road! YEARS!

Gordon Gecko is NOT A ROLE MODEL! Companies need to make a profit, BUT PROFIT != GREED That is what is going on, TGT or any other company.

How many MILLIONS does a CEO need???

So we shave off a few cents off the dividends or even a $1.00

HAPPY EMPLOYEES aka TM(s) LEAD TO HAPPY GUESTS aka customers which leads to MORE SALES! Who wants to shop at a store full of disgruntled employees![/QUOTE]

It has been an absolute nightmare where I'm working. It has been insanely busy every weekend yet they schedule nowhere near enough people. Plus, so many of the ones that are scheduled don't even show up. (For example: we had every Softlines closer, except one person, not show up for work tonight.) This leaves so many of us not even zoning or putting away reshop since we get stuck on the lanes all night. With nothing getting done during the weekend results in a greater burden for the skeleton crew we have through out the remainder of the week. The guests are catching on to this and it is killing our sales because they aren't getting the help they need. Something has to give; everyone is at their breaking point with the way things are right now.

The old guy in electronics looked at the latest schedule and walked away and said "brutal cuts". And I said " yep that's how we roll". It's just sad. He's a nice guy. He was just mad. Just like everyone in the store.

It has been an absolute nightmare where I'm working. It has been insanely busy every weekend yet they schedule nowhere near enough people. Plus, so many of the ones that are scheduled don't even show up. (For example: we had every Softlines closer, except one person, not show up for work tonight.) This leaves so many of us not even zoning or putting away reshop since we get stuck on the lanes all night. With nothing getting done during the weekend results in a greater burden for the skeleton crew we have through out the remainder of the week. The guests are catching on to this and it is killing our sales because they aren't getting the help they need. Something has to give; everyone is at their breaking point with the way things are right now.

Same. I was at the register for 3 hours of my 4 hours sales floor shift tonight backing up and I was one of 2 sales floor people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back