Archived How likely is my store to change our unload shift from 4am to 6am?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all these new changes happening in my store (A volume Super Target) that also are happening in a lot of stores, I can't really feel it's a good thing at all. I feel like my hours may drop even more.

We go at 4am and I struggle to make it pass 8am.

First we no longer do Groceries, Dairy and Frozen anymore, there's a team they made to do that.

Second apparently in Softlines, the girls from Flow will no longer do the Z racks because there will be a specialized team to do that as well, so I'm guessing they will help us with the boxes and stocking.

There's that video going around that apparently the trucks will have everything palletized. That = less time which mean less hours.

Finally we've been told that they're going to focus a lot on Guess Service, so I think for some reason they will eventually tell us that we're going to move from 4am to 6am.

How likely is this to happen?

Last edited:
Very likely.

Most 4am stores moved to 6 already

My advice, get into the backroom

I think if they would've changed they would've by now. Most stores seemed to change shortly after the fiscal year. Still possible, but less likely right now. Keep your ears out, talk to your leaders about store performance. Comp on sales is the name of the game, and asking may help your case for hours. I was offered a spot on the bench within a month of starting at Target because I asked those kinds of questions and cared how BR/Instocks could drive sales. Good luck! Backroom is a solid choice until you go full E2E. Sounds like after that it'll cut.

Yeah my store is overnight and we were already told that starting in May, there's going to be a new team coming in at 5am to do market and pfresh. Gonna take work away from us so not sure how that's gonna work.

My Etl log told us (flow team) they are looking to add tms to market team, who will do all of market e2e.
Guaranteed 32 hrs.

I do have to say that (at my store at least) since switching to salesfloor hours in the flow process, I've gotten close to 40 nearly every week so far this year, which used to be unheard of for me. It seems we (mkt/sl) don't count in the logistics hours slash for overspending anymore, I suppose because the SF still only gets a fraction of what LOG gets for hours. I usually get scheduled a 32-35 per week but have been told I can go up to 40 as long as I don't hit OT, the rest of the hours being "flex" hours to use on heavy truck days. It's one thing I've been really happy about with this change, but, of course, ASANTS.

My Etl log told us (flow team) they are looking to add tms to market team, who will do all of market e2e.
Guaranteed 32 hrs.

I've seen so many people burnt this way. You may get 40 hours every week for 8 years. But it is NOT guaranteed.

Guaranteed 32 hrs.

No such thing as guaranteed at Target unless you are a TL, VM or PMT

My guess is most stores will stay 4AM for a while longer if they just transitioned. However, Target is giving the direction to only bring in the bare minimum amount at this time if its your approved trailer unload start time, and the rest come in no earlier than 5 or even 6 depending on the areas they will be working.

Again, their problem is the DC and Unload system naturally bottle necks payroll, and there is only so much you can squeeze out of this process. At the end of the day every store needs to bring 11-15 TMs in at 4AM, and they have to stay 4 hours a piece. This is 44-60 hours you have to spend, and so therefore once the truck is done one entire area will need to get stocked (Hardlines/Market etc) not by choice, but out of having no other options!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back