Archived How long did it take you to become a GSA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first go around with Target I got it after my ninety. Sometimes my store will external hire GSA

A GSTL asked me about ~6 months in.

I said something to the effect of "hell no"

I believe they were joking...

Sorry, I guess this wasn't really inspirational .

Externally hired GSAs never last at my store, they either quit, suck and get termed, or NCNS.

Externally hired GSAs never last at my store, they either quit, suck and get termed, or NCNS.
I remember one external GSA was ok but he asked me a lot of questions he really should have known the answer to. I remember politely smiling and telling him the answers but inside I was screaming "You are the freaking GSA you should know this stuff!" and "You should be setting the example for me!"

It took me about a year to become a GSA. I was hired as a softlines seasonal TM, then they moved me to the fitting room, I kept clashing with the SLTL and leadership saw that it wasnt a personal thing and not work related so I applied for the electronics position and got it. Then my STL approached me one day and said she wanted to see how I handled a leadership role and next thing I knew I was a GSA the week after Black Friday. After being a GSA for 4 months and never missing our goal for the week I asked about the internship and next thing I know offered an ETL position. My STL and our HR Director for the group both say that GSA is the most promotable position in the company because you have to think of ways to drive results and motivate people without having the same tools a GSTL has (coachings, correctives, etc.) So if your one of the cashiers who's always smiling, always checking people out fast, not always but a majority of the time getting Redcards, and always being productive when someone's watching then you'd be a great GSA....they get paid the same as electronics though just to throw that out there.

I was asked 3-4 months after working at target. I declined and took the HR TM position when it became available. When a GSA or the GSTL call out, I always get stuck covering their shifts. Sometimes I cover their lunches as well if I don't have a lot going on that day HR wise. My ETL-GE really wanted me to take a GSA position and was disappointed when I declined and applied for the HR position. I actually enjoy taking GSA shifts and my ETL GE is happy that I am willing to jump in when needed.
GSAs have a lot of responsibility and a lot of red card pressure. It can be a great stepping stone towards a TL position.

Hired as a cart attendant & was running the front as a GSA within a couple weeks. Second my 90 days were up they made it official.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back