Archived How low can you go? Store's morale thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a peep about results from the store leadership... but several calls to the hotline that I’m aware of. Popcorn, anyone?

Yes, we are all replaceable. However, will my replacement do as great a job that I do? I've seen some of the new people we have had over the past couple of months and the answer is, NO! Hell, some of them can't even show up for their shifts on a regular basis.

Found out today my store's only useful ETL is leaving at the end of July. Simply put, my store will be fucked. All we'll be left with is lazy bitch store management that travels from the starbucks to tsc to the bathrooms to piss together. I'm leaving when my ETL does, and I know 2 other TLs who put in their two weeks today, and at least 5 tms that said they're gonna leave too. And these are reliable, hard workers, and most have been with Target 10+ years.

I don't know what it's gonna take for my store's culture to change, but I'm not going to stay to see how it works out. I love my job and my department, and bust my ass on the daily to get my workload done, but at this point I'm tired of breaking my neck so execs can drink coffee all day and talk about like super cute clothes. Sadly I know most of this will fall on other TMs, but I'm done.

Also fairly certain my STL and an ETL are screwing, maybe I'll hotline that. Lord knows the ETL does absofuckin nothing except hang out with the STL ALL day, and all her workload has been to assigned to other TLs. Bullshit.

So yah.. I'd say morale is low. Real low.
I’m terrified the same will happen at my store. We only have 1 useful ETL. if she leaves it’s going to be a mass exodus

I get the feeling spot would prefer we all quit because our replacements would get paid less, and have less expectations. They would go about their way in blissful ignorance with no push back. Our old ETL told us numerous times, 'Love it or Leave it'. And 'You are all replaceable'.
This 'fast fail' plan may take yrs to finally fail so until then we get what we get like or not...

At least in my area they don't get paid less its $15 or better, the ignorance yes they would love that but they end up "Nope and just leave" NCNS or like the newest backroom TM tossing all their shifts on the swap board and going ghost mode.. We haven't had a hire make 90 days in the last few months..

Now that I'm paid the same as a Cashier, and just got all of these changes and restrictions dropped on my head, my morale is in the toilet.

Upside: when that happens at least my appetite tanks. I might lose a little weight over the next however long. Woo freakin hoo.

This reminds me of every morning I hear the "new market team" of 5 bitch about how it can't be done.. Albeit they have truck to push, however they don't have to contend with 8 different hourly CAFS from 11am-6pm. Also you are completely alone, from 6am-2:30pm
My market team is 4am to 10:30am (sometimes 11am) that's the FDC and RDC team members that receive truck. The push crew is 5am to 12pm including PA. The ones that don't give a shit fly out spot on bu

Now that I'm paid the same as a Cashier, and just got all of these changes and restrictions dropped on my head, my morale is in the toilet.

This is similar to how I feel right now. :confused:

You know what is even worse than knowing that you get paid less though? Having to job offer teenagers at a higher rate than you make and then hearing them innocently remark about how well Target pays their employees while knowing that your own pay is significantly lower. It is such an awful feeling because I hate the new pay grades that screwed over logistics, GSAs, presentation, price accuracy, and HR. F**k the people at HQ who decided the new pay grades! :mad:

My morale has been sinking lower and lower lately. My store has been giving me significantly more to do while paying me less and not hiring an additional person. There are not enough time or resources to get what they want done. They keep telling me to hire a whole bunch of people for other work centers but won't give me even one more additional person to help me out because "there are not enough hours." It is such bulls**t!

The turnover rate at my store is high right now. People are quitting left and right. I am also pondering about leaving...

I know for a fact the morale for the team I’m on is super low. It’s like the person who left us for another department took the morale with him because now it’s nothing but a bunch of complaints to and about each other, negativity and grumpy moods while I’m just taking the team’s BS like a b****. I am trying to escape it for another department but my performance has suddenly been in question when I brought it up we’ve been perpetually understaffed and one coworker is literally in limbo right now (‘posed to be canned actually) because we’re THAT desperate for people.

I am just considering leaving if I don’t get this transfer because its no longer worth it.

This is similar to how I feel right now. :confused:

You know what is even worse than knowing that you get paid less though? Having to job offer teenagers at a higher rate than you make and then hearing them innocently remark about how well Target pays their employees while knowing that your own pay is significantly lower. It is such an awful feeling because I hate the new pay grades that screwed over logistics, GSAs, presentation, price accuracy, and HR. F**k the people at HQ who decided the new pay grades! :mad:

My morale has been sinking lower and lower lately. My store has been giving me significantly more to do while paying me less and not hiring an additional person. There are not enough time or resources to get what they want done. They keep telling me to hire a whole bunch of people for other work centers but won't give me even one more additional person to help me out because "there are not enough hours." It is such bulls**t!

The turnover rate at my store is high right now. People are quitting left and right. I am also pondering about leaving...

Are there new pay grades again? Or are you speaking of the ones late late last year/early this year?

What do you do when your Hardlines ETL, Food/Market/Sbux ETL and TL, and most experienced market TM all quit in the same week? Back to school set is empty since we can't push a truck with four people when we should have 10+ just for the wave. Our back room is so crammed with stuff there isn't a pathway wider than a WAVE to walk through, and we are now just telling guests "Yeah we have that item, but we have no idea where and even half the time we know where it is, there is no possible way to actually get to it. Sorry go across the street to the other PNW big box retailer."

We are just waiting for my store to implode..

Last edited:
As if our morale wasn't low enough with the never ending trucks, loads of backstock, and anyone with experience leaving, i found out today that our new TL came in and gave the team the whole "my way or the highway" talk. Thanks man, im sure the team is now super motivated now....
Funny how someone can shoot himself in both feet and not realize it until much later. My last ETL was “my way or the highway” too, and was shocked when TLs chose the highway.🙄

Unreal. Just unreal. 🙄 Good luck.🍀

I am waiting for the day like the last STL like him where we walked in his office was cleaned out and we had a bunch of Red & Khaki people I had never seen before going through all the paperwork.. I haven't seen anything outwardly evil about this STL but he is soooo over his head with this store its no longer funny.. Why they keep taking the young hot shot low volume store STL's and giving them a high volume, high stress store and they run it like a ULV and then wonder why it goes to shit. This is the third time we have been through this.. Just waiting for that day cause it will come..

I am waiting for the day like the last STL like him where we walked in his office was cleaned out and we had a bunch of Red & Khaki people I had never seen before going through all the paperwork.. I haven't seen anything outwardly evil about this STL but he is soooo over his head with this store its no longer funny.. Why they keep taking the young hot shot low volume store STL's and giving them a high volume, high stress store and they run it like a ULV and then wonder why it goes to shit. This is the third time we have been through this.. Just waiting for that day cause it will come..
I only had to go through that once at Target, but it was more than enough. Running a small volume store is one thing, but running a high volume store takes smarts (book and street), experience and a special mix of common sense, foresight and intuition. Sending a young, inexperienced STL from a low to a high volume store is like sending a Little League coach to the majors, and gets about the same result. I wish corporate would realize that unlike Napoleon’s idea that every soldier carries a Marshal’s baton in his backpack, unfortunately not every STL has the potential to run a high volume store. Same goes for ETLs. I hope you get appropriate leadership soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back