Archived How low can you go? Store's morale thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they need this thread to realize that. They just don’t/can’t speak up about it.

I would love to be able to say that corporate can’t read but they do read this site. It’s been proven a few times.

The corporate offfice people are just high off their own product.

Morale is gone and most people who’ve been at my store for 10+ years are just hanging on.

-- Edit --

"of" and "off" are the same right? oh they're not? well let me just fix that then. good thing this wasn't a tweet then. :D

Last edited:
I used my sick hours just by telling our ETL-HR about it, a coworker tried to and he was told he needed a doctor's note. Does not seem right to me and he's pretty upset about it….

Found out today my store's only useful ETL is leaving at the end of July. Simply put, my store will be fucked. All we'll be left with is lazy bitch store management that travels from the starbucks to tsc to the bathrooms to piss together. I'm leaving when my ETL does, and I know 2 other TLs who put in their two weeks today, and at least 5 tms that said they're gonna leave too. And these are reliable, hard workers, and most have been with Target 10+ years.

I don't know what it's gonna take for my store's culture to change, but I'm not going to stay to see how it works out. I love my job and my department, and bust my ass on the daily to get my workload done, but at this point I'm tired of breaking my neck so execs can drink coffee all day and talk about like super cute clothes. Sadly I know most of this will fall on other TMs, but I'm done.

Also fairly certain my STL and an ETL are screwing, maybe I'll hotline that. Lord knows the ETL does absofuckin nothing except hang out with the STL ALL day, and all her workload has been to assigned to other TLs. Bullshit.

So yah.. I'd say morale is low. Real low.

when I get Hardlines shifts why am I the only person there from 2:30-11 and you expect me to do Flexies, Hardlines, cover Electronics, back up cashier, and help guests? I feel for Hardlines I really do
Story of my life back when I started.

I don't get stressed. I don't get frustrated. I don't get mad. I'm just numb. I'm gonna do my job because it's my job.
This. And I'm sorry, Hatetank, that you're dealing with all this garbage. The promotion carrot was dangled in front of me twice, for two different positions, and I've also realized that it was never serious. Now that I've learned what the leadership culture is like, I'm no longer interested. So yes, I really don't care about it anymore, other than my tiny little job. And that's all I do.

@Hatetank, yes, I think you're right. Except it backfires, at least some of the time obviously. I wouldn't say I'm bitter because that would imply I care more than I do. But I definitely don't trust the leadership at my store and I don't go out of my way anymore to have more availability or pick up shifts off the swap board.

@Hatetank, yes, I think you're right. Except it backfires, at least some of the time obviously. I wouldn't say I'm bitter because that would imply I care more than I do. But I definitely don't trust the leadership at my store and I don't go out of my way anymore to have more availability or pick up shifts off the swap board.
Read my profile name. It's the same at all stores. They keep choosing the most horrible team members to be next in line ahead of me. I basically run a whole department and all my people come to me and not the managers for instruction. Yet they don't prioritize me so I've also stopped caring. That's the only way to survive when you're put in this situation. When they get serious about me I'll get serious about them.

Our newest TL promotion has me truly scratching my head. In her 2 years as a team member she has been coached several times for attendance. She often leaves early too. This is the standard we promote now? When you already know there is an issue with something as basic as attendance and you promote that person something just doesn't add up.

This is the new Target. Friends get the promotion. Not the same Target we all started at, and when people who worked hard got the positions. Now it seems just the people they like get the jobs.

Last 4th quarter that was exactly what happened the kiss ass temps got jobs the ones who worked their asses off got told they weren't good enough.. None of the kiss asses lasted more than three months. I am still pissed about that.

Last 4th quarter that was exactly what happened the kiss ass temps got jobs the ones who worked their asses off got told they weren't good enough.. None of the kiss asses lasted more than three months. I am still pissed about that.
Our ETL kept one of those kiss ass temps last 4th quarter. By January she was trying to change her availability every week, not showing up for her shifts, and then called up and quit over the phone leaving us stuck trying to fill her shifts for two weeks. Bet it happens again this year, too!

Our ETL kept one of those kiss ass temps last 4th quarter. By January she was trying to change her availability every week, not showing up for her shifts, and then called up and quit over the phone leaving us stuck trying to fill her shifts for two weeks. Bet it happens again this year, too!

Pretty much.. And the ones who worked their asses off? Yeah they will never come back. They knew it was bullshit.

This is the new Target. Friends get the promotion. Not the same Target we all started at, and when people who worked hard got the positions. Now it seems just the people they like get the jobs.
Sad but true. I was never the one to be all "oh poor me" about promotions but the people they are putting ahead of me for the bench are so bad it's a joke at this point. They even admitted all they do is stand around and talk while the other managers were around at the working huddle. Meanwhile I'm pushing boxes of frozen. It is a slap in the face towards me at this point. I don't believe the hardest worker should always get the manager position because there is more to it than being a good worker but I am going into business and I have the personality for it. All of my team love me and want to see me as a manager but my leadership team sucks.

Our store gave up on pushing selling, we are so so on guest service, and all in on trying to stay alive. Electronics pushing left over hardlines truck, hardlines backstocking for backroom. It's a shit show at this point tbh.
Ours went back to where it was prior to pervious STL when our new one arrives.

Yes, I think many stores and districts are seeing the turnover now. STLs and ETLs are quitting and the biggest problem is that most field leaders and above are actually surprised! If they spent one day in our shoes, they would realize how bad the decisions recently have made stores (or realize why stores ignore their directions for as long as possible).

The most annoying thing is seeing talks or videos from Cornell that look and sound amazing and I agree with everything... then I have to go into my store and realize we don’t have the resources to do any of it, and there is no reprieve in sight.

Yes, I think many stores and districts are seeing the turnover now. STLs and ETLs are quitting and the biggest problem is that most field leaders and above are actually surprised! If they spent one day in our shoes, they would realize how bad the decisions recently have made stores (or realize why stores ignore their directions for as long as possible).

The most annoying thing is seeing talks or videos from Cornell that look and sound amazing and I agree with everything... then I have to go into my store and realize we don’t have the resources to do any of it, and there is no reprieve in sight.

The BTS is an indicator that voices fall upon deaf ears. Has been that way for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back