Archived How low can you go? Store's morale thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, if we only had 7 uboats left over our entire store would jump for joy. We barely have one truck’s freight moved off the line and the area surrounding it before the next one arrives these days. You can’t get a tub through any portion of receiving, at the moment. :oops:

My running joke this week is my faithful "can i try to help you find something" guest mentions something in transition "I'm not sure, let's find out together"

Vml got 40hrs to set hearth and vas. I get 24 to sign the entire fucking department. She trash talks and whines from the moment she gets out of her car til she's back in it. She's a new mom, her power is gonna get shut off for nonpayment and she's more worried about ordering pizza and buying a cute onsie. How the fuck can't she afford to live with her outdated salary. She makes as much as my 15yr srtl does, and she never has to actually do her job.
For a moment, it genuinely sounded like we're in the same store.

It's not my morale, but we had 2 power outages within a week at night so the market team had to throw out a lot of produce/meat out and get it restocked. So I bet their morale is low

Morale is lower than a snake's dick right now.

There's no communication from ETLs to the TLs. There was an email sent out reminding us that some people were going to be going to be gone for the week to do a remodel at another store. In order to remind us of something you had to have told us about it in the first place.

I haven't spoken to my ETL in 2 weeks. I haven't spoken to my STL in even longer. Meanwhile, my blocks are loaded with pallets of transition and unpushed merch. There were 21 when I left Friday. There were 28 when I came in Monday.

In the past month, I've had 2 TMs cry in front of me because of job stress. At my last job, that I worked at for 7 years, I had 1 person cry in front of me, and that was because their cat died.

They are constantly taking my HL TMs and working them in other areas, leaving me and the other HL TL without a team.

I used to dread coming to work because I would have to play catch up with my work, zone and reshop, do rigs, back up cashier, take GSA calls, and cover Electronics breaks. Now I just keep my expectations low. That way I'm never dissapointed. I don't stress because there's no follow up. My bosses give me no feedback, positive or negative. I feel like I could clock in and do literally nothing for 8 hours and they would'nt notice. I have no idea if I'm doing a good job or bad job, because no one has ever told me.

I have never worked for a company that was so poorly organized, had such little communication, or placed such little value on their employees. And I used to work for fucking Radioshack.

I could on and on and on.

Morale is lower than a snake's dick right now.

There's no communication from ETLs to the TLs. There was an email sent out reminding us that some people were going to be going to be gone for the week to do a remodel at another store. In order to remind us of something you had to have told us about it in the first place.

I haven't spoken to my ETL in 2 weeks. I haven't spoken to my STL in even longer. Meanwhile, my blocks are loaded with pallets of transition and unpushed merch. There were 21 when I left Friday. There were 28 when I came in Monday.

In the past month, I've had 2 TMs cry in front of me because of job stress. At my last job, that I worked at for 7 years, I had 1 person cry in front of me, and that was because their cat died.

They are constantly taking my HL TMs and working them in other areas, leaving me and the other HL TL without a team.

I used to dread coming to work because I would have to play catch up with my work, zone and reshop, do rigs, back up cashier, take GSA calls, and cover Electronics breaks. Now I just keep my expectations low. That way I'm never dissapointed. I don't stress because there's no follow up. My bosses give me no feedback, positive or negative. I feel like I could clock in and do literally nothing for 8 hours and they would'nt notice. I have no idea if I'm doing a good job or bad job, because no one has ever told me.

I have never worked for a company that was so poorly organized, had such little communication, or placed such little value on their employees. And I used to work for fucking Radioshack.

I could on and on and on.

Amazing post.

Eh, here's some more crap.

My STL has a noticeable bias for unmarried, attractive straight female TMs. If you ain't got big tits or a big ass, he will actively ignore you. I'm not the only one who sees this either. He'll go out of his way to talk to the beauty TL and SL TL who are, you guessed it, unmarried attractive straight females. Meanwhile, I'll be talking with the Flow TL (a big, ugly dude) and BR TL (a butch lesbian) and I'll see him take the long way to TSC to avoid us. Maybe we all smell bad, but when you're hanging out in TSC with some ladies for an hour, you're the one who stinks.

We recently lost an awesome 10 year vet ETL. I didn't blame him for quitting. He was in charge of Food and SL because we can't stop ETLs from quitting. I've had 3 LOG ETLs, 3 HL ETLs, 2 AP ETLs, and 4 TLs come and go since I started. A year ago. Does that seem crazy to anyone else? 12 people. I don't think I have 12 pairs of underwear. Keep changing the parts and the machine will work eventually, I guess.

I had to write reviews for people not in my department. How do I write a review for someone who I don't work with? Yeah, I see them when I work, but I don't know what they are doing. They do that specialized E2E crap. I have a vague knowledge of how it works, but I don't know what they do on the daily. That's like reviewing a movie just by watching the trailer. And my review is pointless since the bosses already decided raises and whatnot.

A few months back I was depressed, not because of work, and it was fairly obvious. I was never happy, barely talked to anyone, and just generally hated everything. If I see someone having a bad day I'll go talk to them. Sometimes people just need someone to talk to. Or a few kind words. Or acknowledgment that they are a human. My EHR had a closed door meeting with another TL that I'm close to and asked, "What's going on with hatetank?" TL pointed out that they should be asking me. EHR never did. None of my bosses ever did. I had TMs ask if I was ok. Hell, a vendor who I see maybe once a month asked if I was ok. The people directly in charge of me either didn't notice or didn't care.

Do I even need to point out how fucked up and cold that is?

As for the depression, it was a side effect from a medicine I was taking. I'm good now.

Eh, here's some more crap.

My STL has a noticeable bias for unmarried, attractive straight female TMs. If you ain't got big tits or a big ass, he will actively ignore you. I'm not the only one who sees this either. He'll go out of his way to talk to the beauty TL and SL TL who are, you guessed it, unmarried attractive straight females. Meanwhile, I'll be talking with the Flow TL (a big, ugly dude) and BR TL (a butch lesbian) and I'll see him take the long way to TSC to avoid us. Maybe we all smell bad, but when you're hanging out in TSC with some ladies for an hour, you're the one who stinks.

I had a similar situation in my store. All of the ETLs were male except ETL-Softlines and they were clearly biased towards females.

One ETL spent a solid hour “helping” an attractive female TM in market do Qmos.
Like, seriously dude? To make matters worse, he isn’t even the ETL in charge of market.

Another ETL would also flirt with 3 female market TMs and play around with them. He would also flirt with cashiers most of whom are high school age.

Meanwhile they ignore the male TMs completely. I ended up taking solace in the fact that they didn’t ignore me because of anything work related, but simply because I had the wrong parts.

Happy you are ok now Hatetank. Im guilty of not checking in on people just cause how miserable I am. Sad that this is the culture Target is ok with.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll start flirting with the male TMs to bring balance to the Force.
I find Target is very female bias as a whole. 90% of my managers have been females and it seems all they promote is females. Nothing wrong with women as managers but at this point it seems like it's so much harder to promote if you're a guy which isn't fair or equal if that's what their goal is.

Happy you are ok now Hatetank. Im guilty of not checking in on people just cause how miserable I am. Sad that this is the culture Target is ok with.

Thanks. Hey, man, you need to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else.

I had a similar situation in my store. All of the ETLs were male except ETL-Softlines and they were clearly biased towards females.

One ETL spent a solid hour “helping” an attractive female TM in market do Qmos.
Like, seriously dude? To make matters worse, he isn’t even the ETL in charge of market.

Another ETL would also flirt with 3 female market TMs and play around with them. He would also flirt with cashiers most of whom are high school age.

Meanwhile they ignore the male TMs completely. I ended up taking solace in the fact that they didn’t ignore me because of anything work related, but simply because I had the wrong parts.
We had an SeniorTL like this who was a female, she was always very rude and demanding of female TMs but always very sweet with male TMs, I picked up on it early on and just tried to steer clear.

I've maintained that this was the point of Target slashing hours so drastically this year

I feel like when I was hired the days of more hours and the expectation of zoning racks well was on its way out, but it was still there. Now, they only give enough hours for getting our reshop done and folding tables. That's it.

A lot of the newer TMs don't understand what zoning racks actually does in making a zone look good and facilitating the guests' search for sizes.

I find Target is very female bias as a whole. 90% of my managers have been females and it seems all they promote is females. Nothing wrong with women as managers but at this point it seems like it's so much harder to promote if you're a guy which isn't fair or equal if that's what their goal is.
We're balanced technically, but there's a definite lack of ability vs butt kissing. Brtl that beat me out hates her life, never stupid bitching and has started telling people it's not her job if she's busy...

My store is very balanced male and female. I would say there's a stronger youth bias. To me, target promotes personality and talent. Not hard workers. I like that though. Just because you work hard, doesn't mean you're a good leader.

I try so hard to enjoy working at Target and keep my own morale up but it seems every time I start feeling good again Target finds a way to crush it. This is by far my least happy year at Target.
Same.

My store likes to make people team leads that don’t like confrontations, writing people up, or holding people responsible but hey at least they can set a sales planner and push reshop really well! I haven’t had a team lead I’ve respected and didn’t feel like I was their team lead in about 4 or 5 years.

On a side note: is there any reason why a TL ( or higher ) would not check up on TMs?

For example, if they see a TM in emotional distress or not acting like themselves, are they supposed to ignore it or just not acknowledge it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back