How many DC's are transitioning to the new pod containers?

We had some on here. There are posts on Reddit about it. It looks like it will most likely happen given some other things I've learned about outside of Spot.

Ace DC does it. I’d say it’s more efficient for XS and S that’s all. When are we getting the laser guided WH system

Last edited:
Ace DC does it. I’d say it’s more efficient for XS and S that’s all. When are we getting the laser guided WH system? Not the self picking isles one but the one that will drive you to the exact location while raising and lowering your cherry picker. Even if it’s refurbished, come on Target
Never. They're designed for narrow aisles and only allow one picker per aisle at a time. Accuracy may go up but pulling will slow to a crawl.

Never. They're designed for narrow aisles and only allow one picker per aisle at a time. Accuracy may go up but pulling will slow to a crawl.
Picking will slow to a crawl once dc’s transition to batched OLE WMS pick for mbp and whse.

Thanks for the update.

Once spot can get some kinks worked out, they'll put this thing on the fast track to get it implemented.

This is why each DC seems to need 8,500 employees now…
Ours has more scheduled on every shift than they have parking spaces available. If you are not at least an hour early, you’re SOL and will probably be late clocking in. But never fear, you will get a space when they VLE half the team at start up, because they really don’t need 75 in MBP, and around 100 in WH. There isn’t even that much equipment in the whole building.

Yeah we need 3 order pickers in every aisle. At least 3. Just to barely not make prod.

Back