Archived How many hours a week is the minimum per week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get a second job but how many hours do I have to work at target ? Cause I just want to be like part time like one day a week

At my store, I would not approve someone who had one day a week availability. The lowest I have on my team is 4 days.

If you're good enough they'll make it work. I clear 20-40 pallets in bulk in a 5 hour shift. I would say it depends on newbie vs. vet though. Newbies won't ever learn on one day a week

Asants ...my store as a tm who only works one day a week. During 4th quarter they will work two.

We have a few that work once every 2-3 weeks. All students who don't want to do LOA but like to have the option of picking up shifts from people in times that work for them and will work more during breaks/summer.
It's an exception I make only for the good workers though. I don't do it for people who are lackluster workers and are only going to do it for the sake of keeping their discount.

We have a kid that works 1 day a week for 5 hours in FA. He works more when schools out but he is the only person we hired that way.

This is target's minimum. State and local laws may vary. I've not seen one in years that didn't give 3 as a minimum.

This. They are not allowed to not schedule someone (unless requested) So 3 hours is the minimum although mine is four.

I wouldn't want someone on the team who can't work at least once a week.

God knows how much changes in a short period of time.

We have a few one day a week team members. During the summer/Q4 they'll open their availability up to help out and get hours while they're out of school or whatever. If they weren't great TMs, I don't think the store would allow it, but its much easier to have these TMs when we need them than to have to hire newbies.

I used to do just saturday close for about 3 months, then reopened my avalibilty, then shut it off down to two days a week.

I had a tm for years who did one day a month except 4th quarter. His regular job he is an executive manager, he just works target for Christmas money. They decided out was easier to work an occasional closing shift than to do loa.

Under Mytime it pops warnings up if you are scheduled less than 4 hours. 4 hours is the company minimum a shift is supposed to be scheduled. And several STL's have said they only have to give 4 hours a week to anyone. a minimum of 4, and a max of 40 regular hours + Holiday hours if it is applicable that week.

We have a flow TM scheduled for 3.75 hours this week.

Target Best Practice is a 4 hour minimum shift. While I'm not a fan of having a couple of one day a week people on the roster since those 8-10 hours could go to a couple of other TMs who deserve them and perform more vital tasks for the store, I understand why it's allowed: retention rate. This is a metric ETL-HRs like to keep looking good in general, so sure work one day a week or fill out that LOA paper, brah. This is my experience, but ASANTS. I'm hoping my new ETL (second in less than a year!) is not going to be overly obsessed with that particular metric.

The hours are hilarious. They keep me between 10-20 but I also work a much higher paying "job".

Honestly if you don't have bills to pay and just want some cash target is perfect for those type of people.

Target Best Practice is a 4 hour minimum shift. While I'm not a fan of having a couple of one day a week people on the roster since those 8-10 hours could go to a couple of other TMs who deserve them and perform more vital tasks for the store, I understand why it's allowed: retention rate. This is a metric ETL-HRs like to keep looking good in general, so sure work one day a week or fill out that LOA paper, brah. This is my experience, but ASANTS. I'm hoping my new ETL (second in less than a year!) is not going to be overly obsessed with that particular metric.

Miss my old etl hr. All the educational leaves who didn't come back. She told me to term them. Screw the rate. People either want to work at spot or they don't. We swear some just wanted the employee discount since it still works on LOA

That almost seems like someone scheduled in the 15 minute break and it all came out weird. But that is an odd time.

That happened with me once. I was scheduled a 4.5 hour shift and they took out a lunch. We are a 5 hour state and I wasn't doing enough to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back