Archived How many of you got fed up, sick and tired of Spot or your store management? (share your story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just have to be urgent to move up the chain on flow team. Urgent for speed and interested in quality of the entire process. Leaders are constantly trying to figure out new ways to improve flow teams accuracy and speed. So that is the reason they play favorites. TMs taking 45 minute lunches is outrageous though. Everyone needs to be treated equally as far as rules go.

Maybe salesfloor could help run the store more if Logistics didnt constantly mess everything up and suck hours out of the store(at least at my store).

QONVIyz.gif

What I would do for a good flow team. To get into a serious discussion on what you wrote though, I dont think Logistics is the end all be all of whether a store is succesfull. If the store looks like a tornado went through it, items in wrong places everywhere and on the floor, nobody around that a guest can find to help, or maybe the service is terrible they just will stop coming to the store if its a repeated pattern. I allready see how much business we have lost in the morning on flow days because we have boxes and other shit all over the floor til 10 or 1030

Target Canada is an excellent example, of what happens when Logistics goes wrong.

Not to mention if Logistics is successful all SF has to do is "maintain", outside of Market, but I consider PA a half SF/Logistics role, at least, if you want to be stellar at it.

Last edited:
Target Canada is an excellent example, of what happens when Logistics goes wrong.

Not to mention if Logistics is successful all SF has to do is "maintain", outside of Market, but I consider PA a half SF/Logistics role, at least, if you want to be stellar at it.
Target Canada wasn't the store-level Logistics team's fault, and it wasn't really the DC team's fault either. It was just a colossal amount of mistakes and covering up mistakes at the corporate level, from IT to business analysts to executives.

I'm not fed up with the management ( ok I am) but let's just say we have had a revolving door lately... First we got a new GS-ETL then we got a new EHR, then we got a STL then a TL in soft lines just quit after 7 years ( really nice guy) and a GSA just quit after 10 years so people are definitely fed up with the revolving doors and management. I admit I'm tired of management but the thought of quitting while it has crossed my mind a few times I have to find another job first before a quit.

I'm not fed up with the management ( ok I am) but let's just say we have had a revolving door lately... First we got a new GS-ETL then we got a new EHR, then we got a STL then a TL in soft lines just quit after 7 years ( really nice guy) and a GSA just quit after 10 years so people are definitely fed up with the revolving doors and management. I admit I'm tired of management but the thought of quitting while it has crossed my mind a few times I have to find another job first before a quit.

Doesn't help that Targets first thought for hiring management is either externally or favoritism based, instead of by empirical data everyone can see and review. I have yet to see a single person promoted based on their performance statistics, and yet to see a single person given a performance statistics based raise.

I mean, why the fuck even have them when they're ignored, and if you bring them up to prove a point you're written up for insubordination? Shouldn't they be REQUIRED to be used, as direct evidence of mismanagement if they're not? If I singlehandedly beat the pull times of all other TM's in the store, doesn't that obviously imply I'm working the fastest? Frankly, I have no faith left in management. They go out of their way to ignore empirical reality, even the empirical reality set up by Spot itself.

It gets even worse for me, because it's easy to take everyone's pull times to get their median "time efficiency" per item pulled by pulling up actual DPCI's / units averaged with time. Do that long enough you have a CLEAR indicator of LOG performance, but when I brought up this idea it was ignored. The same goes for truck unload performance. Instead of applying empirical observation to determining TM placement based on individual efficiency, everyone just "wings it" by applying favoritism. Talk about asinine.

I had a guest tell me the other day she avoids SCO because the guests in front of her take so long to check out. She sarcastically asked me, How long does it take to use your ccard??? LOL

That is only a small part if why SCO is so damn slow. The register is slow, scan place on scale - wait. Ok you can scan the next item. Repeat for cans of cat food, kill me now.

I am absolutely fed up with some of the management at our store. I thought Softlines was bad, getting a brand new, fresh out of college ETL every year. No, the ETLs just all ignore the Deli, including the ETL who's supposed to be over us.
I was on Indeed.com yesterday and found a work from home job troubleshooting IT-type stuff over chat and phone (probably Skype-based) that was advertised as full time with the requirements of a quiet environment and a high school diploma or GED. I need to look up the company thoroughly and see if it really is too good to be true...

Maybe salesfloor could help run the store more if Logistics didnt constantly mess everything up and suck hours out of the store(at least at my store).

[GIF snipped to reduce Antonio Banderas pollution]

What I would do for a good flow team. To get into a serious discussion on what you wrote though, I dont think Logistics is the end all be all of whether a store is succesfull. If the store looks like a tornado went through it, items in wrong places everywhere and on the floor, nobody around that a guest can find to help, or maybe the service is terrible they just will stop coming to the store if its a repeated pattern. I allready see how much business we have lost in the morning on flow days because we have boxes and other shit all over the floor til 10 or 1030
At first I was offended and wanted to argue, but you're not wrong.

Obligatory ASANTS, but from what I've seen with flow seems to be a self-perpetuating cycle of problems. Flow TMs don't bother with doing things well or improving themselves because they're the most hated team in the store, and everyone hates them because they do just the bare minimum without even trying to do anything good. Bad attitudes don't help, either. Our LOG-ETL is a cinnamon roll; he's very friendly and enthusiastic, tries to get the team pumped and gives nothing but positive reinforcement if things go well and constructive criticism if things turn out badly. And yet people will scoff, poke fun at him, then continue to slug along while wondering why the hell management is hiring new blood instead of giving new hours to them.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Reading through some of these posts i am wondering what is wrong with my store. We all get along very well and work together. There may be one or two who kinda slack but overall we all work as a team. I know i try to learn all i can about backroom like i can do my own guest pull if it does not require a wave to get it and i want to learn how to do backstock aslso. I will learn dont get me wrong but i know it will take time and that one BRTM who is willing to show me which we have quite a few who would do it.

Reading through some of these posts i am wondering what is wrong with my store. We all get along very well and work together. There may be one or two who kinda slack but overall we all work as a team. I know i try to learn all i can about backroom like i can do my own guest pull if it does not require a wave to get it and i want to learn how to do backstock aslso. I will learn dont get me wrong but i know it will take time and that one BRTM who is willing to show me which we have quite a few who would do it.

My store is mostly get together and work well together because there is so few hours and so much to do you HAVE to jump in and help other workcenters alot.

All I want is fairness when it comes to scheduling. TMs with seniority who are good workers should get half decent schedules, not be treated like second-class citizens because management loves the pretty new teenage TMs who don't do the job properly.

Most of our TL's/LOD's/STD's/LMNOP's (too many fucking acronyms) are bipolar. Well, maybe not bipolar, but crazy as fuck. They say one thing, then the next week it's the opposite. They're a complete psycho bitch one week, they love you the next. And everyone is an immature backstabbing bitch. No one is happy other than a few of the thick skinned floor TM's and cashiers.

It's gotten to be where no one knows what the hell they're walking into.

I personally don't give a crap since I enjoy what I'm doing but then again, I also don't put my trust in anyone but myself. But when management is unpredictable and rude to TM's, it ruins everyone's mood and the guests suffer.

Sometimes working at Target is like being in an abusive relationship.

Oh and don't get me started on scheduling! I'ma start kissing ass because apparently that's the only way to get any hours. Hard work, upsales, clocking in properly, doing extra work, being proactive, etc, none of that means shit.
If you kiss ass then you can clock out without cleaning up after yourself, you can come in late, you can stand around chatting and ignoring calls for carry out, you can tell guests that we're out of something without even actually checking, you can turn off bathroom reminders without actually checking the restrooms, OMG kissing ass sounds like a dream!!!

Yup, I need more hours. Gonna put on my cherry flavored lip gloss and pucker up.

</sarcasm>

Rereading my post makes me realize that I might have a bit of pent up anger. LOL

It's ok, I went ballistic on an intern and watched her turn sheet white while I vented.. She had never seen anger like that before. fucking 22 year old.. Bitch I am not your momma and I know the world ain't unicorns and rainbows like you have had shoved up your ass your entire life.. This is what the shit work I have to deal with does sometimes.. And asking me what you can do to make it better will get you. Cause what makes it better? How about asking your trainer what the entire In-Stocks team has been asking for, for the last year? that is what you can do..

She just walked away at that point.. I was pissed at the 4th MyDevice of the day was dying and I was on my 3rd tub of overstock in less that three hours.. Not in the mood..

Last edited:
Ya'll just need to get your mind right.

Target never promised you (or me) a rose garden. It's just a fucking job.

Don't like it? Quit!

Why you don't ask me what you can do to make my job better, cause I already know it ain't gonna happen. So go away and let me do what I can do to clean up your no backbone having management.

It's ok, I went ballistic on an intern and watched her turn sheet white while I vented.
I went full napalm on my ETL a few years ago after he chided me for not having a FFF attitude.
Our register had crashed & burned for nearly a week, we had gotten shorted on three consecutive orders so we were scrambling for supplies from nearby sister stores, our last Steritech score was yellow because of criticals in pfresh, we were getting bitched out by guests daily & he was ticked because I could only muster a small smile as I was getting reamed by a @#$! yoga mom pissed that we were STILL out of sugar-free vanilla.
He should've been glad there weren't sharp objects nearby.

Last edited:
All I want is fairness when it comes to scheduling. TMs with seniority who are good workers should get half decent schedules, not be treated like second-class citizens because management loves the pretty new teenage TMs who don't do the job properly.

This is one of the reasons I quit. I was at my store for seven years. I'm not asking for the world but I want more than 20 hours. They wouldn't do it so I quit. That was almost 2 weeks ago. Im getting 40/wk @ $14/hr at a new job. I'll never look back.

It's ok, I went ballistic on an intern and watched her turn sheet white while I vented.. She had never seen anger like that before. fucking 22 year old.. Bitch I am not your momma and I know the world ain't unicorns and rainbows like you have had shoved up your ass your entire life.. This is what the shit work I have to deal with does sometimes.. And asking me what you can do to make it better will get you. Cause what makes it better? How about asking your trainer what the entire In-Stocks team has been asking for, for the last year? that is what you can do..

She just walked away at that point.. I was pissed at the 4th MyDevice of the day was dying and I was on my 3rd tub of overstock in less that three hours.. Not in the mood..
I used to get up set like this, too (occasionally still do, if I'm honest). In addition to the myDevices,and the overstocking, the way they yank In-Stocks around with a new procedure every 5 minutes gets me disgruntled. I've just learned to care less and less. I do what they want as best as I can, but if anything turns out bad, I just remind them I just followed their directives.

I always likened working at Target to being in an abusive relationship.

Yes, it's horrible. You know you're going to be hurt, abused, and taken advantage of. It saps you of your self esteem.

The thing is, no matter what new terror or headache awaits us each day, they start to become predictable, and that in a sense becomes comfortable. It becomes so comfortable, that we're hesitant to leave.

Figuratively speaking, being fed horse manure sandwiches is horrible, but at least you know what you're eating and that you will be fed.

I always likened working at Target to being in an abusive relationship.

Yes, it's horrible. You know you're going to be hurt, abused, and taken advantage of. It saps you of your self esteem.

The thing is, no matter what new terror or headache awaits us each day, they start to become predictable, and that in a sense becomes comfortable. It becomes so comfortable, that we're hesitant to leave.

Figuratively speaking, being fed horse manure sandwiches is horrible, but at least you know what you're eating and that you will be fed.
Haha, You hit the nail on the head! I must say the only reasons I stay are because of the familiarity and my awesome co-workers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back