Archived How many of you got fed up, sick and tired of Spot or your store management? (share your story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody has had good moments or bad while working at Spot. I can really say that everything has been bad while working there because I met one of my best friends there.

However, if there's something that has really made me feel sick and tired of working in my store is the stupid management, the hours due to the excessive favoritism.

I'm a flow TM, and my ETL-Log has a bunch of favorites, same goes for our TL guys. She usually favors some ladies and guys there, they have guaranteed 40 hours or close to regardless of slow sales, payroll and hours while the rest of the team gets really screwed.

I couldn't take working very few hours, I had enough when one day they asked me to after 3 HOURS!!!! I was like REALLY??? That day I called the hotline to report everything about it, and they made and investigation. While the whole thing worked because the rest of the team and I started having more hours they cut initially their favorites their hours.

Every time they sent me home while there was a bunch of work to do like repacks or seasonal, I would call the hotline. The hotline did wonders, but not all the time.

It wasn't until like 1 month ago that I spoke with my STL about it, and she pretty much was really biased towards my ETL and her favorites, that for me was like really no point in discussing it anymore. All I wanted is to have 37 or close to 40 like their favorites, but no avail.

I got to add that I've been cross trained in all the areas of logistics, and I still get treated like shit.

So what I did because I felt like all of this was useless is to continue, so I really no longer give a fuck about my store, supervisors and everything. I stated that I would be fine as long as I get to work 5-6 hours a day. Now if I'm asked if I could stay I tell them "Sorry I can't" (middle finger if I could ) Now I'm mocking at them because they're really needed with BTS, a lot of TMs are on vacation, including their favorites, and a lot of people quit just last month because of the shitty low hours.

Not worth the stress and the hassle. I'm going to find a better job, I'm pretty sure of it. For no I'll be fine as long as I work 5-6 hours a day.

My advice: document everything as proof against them, pictures and voice audios, everything you can, it does work, thrust me, when they make the investigations. Finally, as last advice please get the hell out of there if they give you crap treatment , find a better job, there's more out there to be stressing in retail.

Now what's your story.

Last edited:
Take any hours & being willing to do areas outside of flow/logistics. You will see that other folks have similar issues as you. A change of dept, may help you like bts, it may give you the opp of ownership & respect, you are wanting from spot.
One more thing, any recorded stuff maybe illegal to use in your state, without the other party permission.
Get more sales equals to more hours for you.

Last edited:
Yeahhh, you got a crappy store but there's nothing really terrible happening to you other than some favoritism. There's people that actually get treated poorly at stores, probably going to save my empathy for them...

We don't really have problems with hours or people playing favorites but I've definitely seen plenty of TMs taken for granted and ignored unless something goes wrong. There's definitely one TM who passed their breaking point recently and has gone into "fuck it" mode.

I had a lot of wtf moments in regards to the ETL-LOG (who was thankfully fired at the beginning of the year), but they mostly ended with me shaking my head and walking away. Occasionally it would cause me to tell him "hey just so you know, I'm going to have to do [something inconvenient] instead of [something normal] because of [something stupid he did for no reason]." And I'd leave it to him to decide if it was worth correcting or not.

A lot of the TLs seem to have issues with the ditzy blonde ETL-SF/GE telling them how to do their jobs (either incorrect or extremely obvious things). But she disappeared a few weeks ago and it's rumored that she's not coming back.

Last edited:
Everybody has had good moments or bad while working at Spot. I can really say that everything has been bad while working there because I met one of my best friends there.

However, if there's something that has really made me feel sick and tired of working in my store is the stupid management, the hours due to the excessive favoritism.

I'm a flow TM, and my ETL-Log has a bunch of favorites, so our TL guys. She usually favors some ladies and guys there, they have guaranteed 40 hours or close to regardless of slow sales, payroll and hours while the rest of the team gets really screwed.

I couldn't take working very few hours, I had enough when one day they asked me to after 3 HOURS!!!! I was like REALLY??? That day I called the hotline to report everything about it, and they made and investigation. While the whole thing worked because the rest of the team and I started having more hours they cut initially their favorites their hours.

Every time they sent me home while there was a bunch of work to do like repacks or seasonal, I would call the hotline. The hotline did wonders, but not all the time.

It wasn't until like 1 month ago that I spoke with my STL about it, and she pretty much was really biased towards my ETL and her favorites, that for me was like really no point in discussing it anymore. All I wanted is to have 37 or close to 40 like their favorites, but no avail.

I got to add that I've been cross trained in all the areas of logistics, and I still get treated like shit.

So what I did because I felt like all of this was useless is to continue, so I really no longer give a fuck about my store, supervisors and everything. I stated that I would be fine as long as I get to work 5-6 hours a day. Now if I'm asked if I could stay I tell them "Sorry I can't" (middle finger if I could ) Now I'm mocking at them because they're really needed with BTS, a lot of TMs are on vacation, including their favorites, and a lot of people quit just last month because of the shitty low hours.

Not worth the stress and the hassle. I'm going to find a better job, I'm pretty sure of it. For no I'll be fine as long as I work 5-6 hours a day.

My advice: document everything as proof against them, pictures and voice audios, everything you can, it does work, thrust me, when they make the investigations. Finally, as last advice please get the hell out of there if they give you crap treatment , find a better job, there's more out there to be stressing in retail.

Now what's your story.

I wish our store actually DID this a while back in regards to the flow team. There were a ton of people I had barely ever seen before all in the back doing backstock and staying after push and the people that have been there a long time got shafted because they used to do that and then for whatever reason werent scheduled anymore leading to a metric F#%#%K ton of errors in the backroom and people taking forever to get shit done. If these people that were favorites are actually low productivity than I can see getting upset but if they have been there a while and are actually productive I dont know how you can be that upset.

My store however only does flow 3 times a week so even the people that were staying were only getting 24 hours or so unless they had C&S shifts or were in another workcenter outside truck days which was rare. Theres barely anyone that gets 30+ hours apart from maybe the Plano Team, and myself and another PA

Last edited:
Our store has favorites and cliques. It's obvious as hell. It's aggravating as hell.
I left work tonight completely fed up with Target. LOD's are ignoring TM's, talking down to us, being overall bitches. No one is zoning, some TM's get to take 45 minutes or more for lunch (fucking up the break out).
The guests are the ones who feel it most. When a LOD refuses to help locate an item, do carry out, get carts, reach for something high up, guests get fed up. Our sales are going to drop if this keeps up.

My ETL-LOG is amazing, he creates an atmosphere of "It's us against the world, because the Sales Floor ain't gonna help, and Logistics is what actually runs the store" mentallity, which having been Sales Floor before. I can't agree more (Although I save a softspot for Market folk), that at Target's current state in it's stores, Logistics is the end all/be all of whether a store is successful.

My ETL-LOG is amazing, he creates an atmosphere of "It's us against the world, because the Sales Floor ain't gonna help, and Logistics is what actually runs the store" mentallity, which having been Sales Floor before. I can't agree more (Although I save a softspot for Market folk), that at Target's current state in it's stores, Logistics is the end all/be all of whether a store is successful.

Maybe salesfloor could help run the store more if Logistics didnt constantly mess everything up and suck hours out of the store(at least at my store).

QONVIyz.gif

What I would do for a good flow team. To get into a serious discussion on what you wrote though, I dont think Logistics is the end all be all of whether a store is succesfull. If the store looks like a tornado went through it, items in wrong places everywhere and on the floor, nobody around that a guest can find to help, or maybe the service is terrible they just will stop coming to the store if its a repeated pattern. I allready see how much business we have lost in the morning on flow days because we have boxes and other shit all over the floor til 10 or 1030

Last edited:
My last shift at Target was 6 days ago. I was hired August 2009. It was at a small store for 4 am flow. I used to have tons of fun working the first few years, worked with a lot of great people and had etls that knew how to get shit done, leads that were top notch. We had a great crew and kicked a lot of ass. Years go by, policies change, hours get cut, management comes and goes due to being a training store. After awhile, the little things become big things and you finally realize how much you're willing to put up with before you know it's time to go. 4 am became 6 am which became 7 am. More shit on the floor to get in the way of guests which led to bitching and lower sales. After a week about a month ago where I was scheduled 20 hours over the span of 5 shifts, I'd reached my limit. I put in my two weeks and applied and got accepted to work at Walmart of all places. They would give me 32 to start with the possibility of yadda yadda. I had also applied at a chemical dependency housing center to work with those who were trying to kick addictions. I got hired there at full time for 14 dollars an hour. I told Walmart to fuck off (not ever having worked there, thankfully) and my first shift at the new job is tomorrow night.

tl;dr if you are thinking of leaving retail, quit reading this and go do it. Not working at Target anymore is a tremendous feeling.

There would be no store without logistics.

There would also be no store without cashiers so whats your point :p Each part of the store is important. If guests dont like the appearance and look of your store they wont come in either. If its ALWAYS a mess, ALWAYS nobody to help them find anything, LONG wait times to check out, less and less people will shop there

There would be no store without logistics.

Then get your shit straight and stop being fuck ups! - what I say to that everyday. Cause I am tired of redoing your so called work. :) I should not be able to walk the same chem isle everyday of the week and pull the same crap out. Three kinds of bleach all mixed up all off the truck then the next day autos.

My store, yours may vary. But I don't hold that opinion. Cause there is far far to much rework from the truck process.

Our srtl log has favorite for sure. He will tell everyone else you guys have to leave at your scheduled time we cant go over on payroll. That's all well and fine...but then he will walk another 10 ft and ask one of his favorites to stay an extra two hours. One of his favorites knows when the srtl leaves for the day...after he has gone the tm literally walks around and does nothing. The srtl knows this and as said well I mean I could do something but he ( tm who walks around ) is willing to work long hours. Really? 1. you are not letting anyone else work long hours...you are sending them home.2. I bet he is willing to work long hours cause after you ( srtl log ) leave he walks around and does nothing !

Someone needs to clue-in the ETL/STL at my store, then. Nobody cares about logistics, we're always "asked" to stay late (nobody does anymore because it's proved to not be appreciated), berated continuously for "not getting the job done" when flow hides stuff everywhere (including push in the ground floor bike room), and dayside salesfloor closing sending the CAF as backstock.

They've cute so many hours dayside they keep offloading more and more work to O/N, especially logistics, and cutting O/N logistics hours when we're the only team in the entire store doing any work. Only area consistently green. Only area consistently on time. The STL has this inane mentality that there is only "the store", which of course translates to "I'm holding you accountable for someone else's / my favorites work they didn't finish".

Turnover has reached 100% for all new hires. We have been unable to keep anyone. The second they get to know the TL / ETL, they quit. Average is 3-4 weeks because our workload and pressure is impossibly high for a small 4-5 person team. Oh, and we have to pull PFRESH because the PFRESH TM quit... over a year ago. Then they pull me to do Electronics (which I transferred out of because it's a thankless nightmare job), which I proceed to do as slowly and wrongly as humanly possible in protest because they refuse to train anyone else to do it.

So who do they continuously pull into the office / writeup, you ask? Why, the only TM's who've been there longest and have the only solid green scores: O/N Backroom. One dayside LOG TM has consistently been backstocking everything in random places for two years, still works there. I backstock BEV 1 in BEV 2, I get pulled into the office for a FILLGROUP error. At this point my whole team is phoning it in so hard that when the HR accidentally scheduled us 1 hour short for 2 weeks, everyone left on time and there was absolutely nothing they could do about it. Maybe if flow actually finished on time, didn't hide stuff, and didn't send / mark push as backstock from the truck...

Don't get me started on "we only have 300 backstock" from the truck. Ahahahaha. No. We have 1600 backstock because O/N flow never fails to send 50% of it to us. To quote the ETL, "we don't have time to send back challenge". What does the backroom look like, you ask? 6 DPCI's in every WACO, that's what it looks like, and the salesfloor is empty.

So the sales keep tanking, and hours keep dropping, and the situation continues to get worse. LOGIC!

Someone needs to clue-in the ETL/STL at my store, then. Nobody cares about logistics, we're always "asked" to stay late (nobody does anymore because it's proved to not be appreciated), berated continuously for "not getting the job done" when flow hides stuff everywhere (including push in the ground floor bike room), and dayside salesfloor closing sending the CAF as backstock.

They've cute so many hours dayside they keep offloading more and more work to O/N, especially logistics, and cutting O/N logistics hours when we're the only team in the entire store doing any work. Only area consistently green. Only area consistently on time. The STL has this inane mentality that there is only "the store", which of course translates to "I'm holding you accountable for someone else's / my favorites work they didn't finish".

Turnover has reached 100% for all new hires. We have been unable to keep anyone. The second they get to know the TL / ETL, they quit. Average is 3-4 weeks because our workload and pressure is impossibly high for a small 4-5 person team. Oh, and we have to pull PFRESH because the PFRESH TM quit... over a year ago. Then they pull me to do Electronics (which I transferred out of because it's a thankless nightmare job), which I proceed to do as slowly and wrongly as humanly possible in protest because they refuse to train anyone else to do it.

So who do they continuously pull into the office / writeup, you ask? Why, the only TM's who've been there longest and have the only solid green scores: O/N Backroom. One dayside LOG TM has consistently been backstocking everything in random places for two years, still works there. I backstock BEV 1 in BEV 2, I get pulled into the office for a FILLGROUP error. At this point my whole team is phoning it in so hard that when the HR accidentally scheduled us 1 hour short for 2 weeks, everyone left on time and there was absolutely nothing they could do about it. Maybe if flow actually finished on time, didn't hide stuff, and didn't send / mark push as backstock from the truck...

Don't get me started on "we only have 300 backstock" from the truck. Ahahahaha. No. We have 1600 backstock because O/N flow never fails to send 50% of it to us. To quote the ETL, "we don't have time to send back challenge". What does the backroom look like, you ask? 6 DPCI's in every WACO, that's what it looks like, and the salesfloor is empty.

So the sales keep tanking, and hours keep dropping, and the situation continues to get worse. LOGIC!

It is amazing the difference in the store from just a few years back when I started. I dont know for sure but if I had to guess I would say our hours have maybe been cut by 1/3 in total but even more is expected to be done. If we didnt do 45 to an hour working huddle, and 30-45 min midday zone, 30 or so minute closing working huddle, and the ETLS constantly working and helping out our store would be in shambles

It is amazing the difference in the store from just a few years back when I started. I dont know for sure but if I had to guess I would say our hours have maybe been cut by 1/3 in total but even more is expected to be done

It's at the breaking point. The sales floor just continues to get emptier and emptier, and the stock room continues to pile up. We've had to open auxiliary stockrooms because of the sheer mass of it, inventory turnover is terrible, and it's all got a single source: My ETL and the STL. The STL went from ETL to ETL-HR (at which point everyone stopped using HR) to STL (at which point everyone stopped trying). The ETL is outsourced from the magical blue-sky store where everything is always perfect because all the customers routinely drop $5,000 per trip on big-ticket items.

Naturally, they proceed to mass import TL's and ETL's from this magical place, who all proceed to run my store into the dust using their backward ass methods that already run their store into the ground. Only reason their original store still stands: They've got so many hours and employee's it makes up for bad management shortcomings. Not my store. Not by a longshot.

It's at the breaking point. The sales floor just continues to get emptier and emptier, and the stock room continues to pile up. We've had to open auxiliary stockrooms because of the sheer mass of it, inventory turnover is terrible, and it's all got a single source: My ETL and the STL. The STL went from ETL to ETL-HR (at which point everyone stopped using HR) to STL (at which point everyone stopped trying). The ETL is outsourced from the magical blue-sky store where everything is always perfect because all the customers routinely drop $5,000 per trip on big-ticket items.

Naturally, they proceed to mass import TL's and ETL's from this magical place, who all proceed to run my store into the dust using their backward ass methods that already run their store into the ground. Only reason their original store still stands: They've got so many hours and employee's it makes up for bad management shortcomings. Not my store. Not by a longshot.
Do we work at the same store? Cause that's my store after my first stl got moved to fix a higher level location...they've brought in several tls from the toxic store then wonder why our store is now toxic...

I'm really decided to quit here if I find a good job, not worth the shitty people I have as manager and supervisors.

You guys know what was the stupid ass excuse I got from my ETL and STL as why my hours were so low? They said it is because I don't like to work Sundays (which is indeed true) , my availability is closed that day; however, my availability is open Monday through Saturday 24/6.

Yeah you fucking liar and bitch, in that case why your fucking favorite ladies only work Monday through Thursday with 10 hours each day. Moreover, there's a lot of TMs that have completely open availability 24/7 and they barely get 20 hours.

I will not ever work a Sunday again. One time last year I got scheduled Sunday to work only 3 Fucking hours! At 4AM! Ever since I said "Fuck it! Not anymore" besides we don't even get a truck on Sundays, so it's not worth it. I will not miss clubbing, partying, going to the movies or being with my family or boyfriend to work for you on a Sunday very early for 3 shitty hours.

Actually I'm looking for job that is Monday through Friday 8-5, I don't want to work weekends anymore.

Last edited:
Then get your shit straight and stop being fuck ups! - what I say to that everyday. Cause I am tired of redoing your so called work. :) I should not be able to walk the same chem isle everyday of the week and pull the same crap out. Three kinds of bleach all mixed up all off the truck then the next day autos.

My store, yours may vary. But I don't hold that opinion. Cause there is far far to much rework from the truck process.
Excuse me?

I mean, we get a new STL every year or so. So we know they won't last long. I hope our current one stays. He's unpopular but he understands that market is a driving factor for our store.

ETL-HR also is new every year-ish. I'm seriously hoping our current one stays, everyone loves him.

ETL-GE atm switches between GE and SF so much it's ridiculous. I'm literally 200% over her.

ETL-SF is very subservient to the STL.

ETL-AP is okay, I guess. I miss our old one, she was amazing.

Our ETL-LOG has been at the store for a long time. He's tied with ETL-GE as longest-serving ETL at our store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back