How many TL in market do you guys have?

Hello nice people from Target. Just a quick question, how many TLs do you guys have in market? And do they all schedule at the same shift every single day?
Thank you for your response

In one of the busiest Target stores in the country, we only have two Market TL's with one of them being the Senior TL for the whole store for years now. They are usually scheduled to open on most days and they rotate closing a weekend once a month. We then have one closing TL who mostly works in Market, and that's it.

Ours has 1 starbucks/deli, 1 produce, 1 meat/dairy/frozen, and 1 dry grocery. The mdf and dry grocery are on the closing rotation but dry is our remodel tl rn. Produce tl works morning only

1 in ultra low and low volume. My store was like 10 k from moving up from low to the next bracket which meant we would have gotten another TL then I wouldn't have had the epic fail I did.

We have 1 FB TL and 1 for Starbucks. High volume. Lord knows we'd be better off with a second FB TL that just helps to oversee Starbucks and FB. And probably a FB ETL.

8 total TLs across food dept. (1 meat, 1 dairy, 1 frozen, 1 bakery, 1 produce, 1 sbux, 1 deli, 1 dry)

Most work mornings to mids as we also have a closing TL for market as a whole
I'm just confused why bakery, deli, and especially meat would need their own TLs at your store... Meat is basically the equivalent size of one normal aisle at my store and only gets 1 person scheduled for it each day.

I'm just confused why bakery, deli, and especially meat would need their own TLs at your store... Meat is basically the equivalent size of one normal aisle at my store and only gets 1 person scheduled for it each day.
Super targets are much closer to a grocery store then a typical target.

I know, I work at one. We have 4 food TLs but I can't see how you could possibly need one just for meat.
It does seem excessive for even a super target, tbh I missed that he said deli as well and figured he meant meat as in deli which seems more likely. Must be insane busy to need all that.

It’s an ultra high volume store. In addition to our cafe, Deli also serves hot case foods. All of our food depts. also have ON teams.

Back