Archived How much am i going to get paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay to start this off i began my orientation on 10/18/2017. I then started my training 10/25/17 and 10/26/17, those were the 2 days i did training from 2pm-6pm. Then the following week i started actual work 20 hours from 4am-9am. this week ive done more then 20 hours because they let me stay past 9, so i stayed till 12-12:30 3 times this week. Now my question is when i sign into my eHR its showing my orientation check and some other check. the orientation check is from $39 dollars and it says check date 10/27/17 the begin pay date is 10/08/17 and the end is 10/21/17 and the other check is for $324 and the check date is for 11/10/17 which is tomrrow and it began 10/22/17 and ended 11/04/17. Now if we do the math 11.50/hr x 20 thats $230 then im assuming they added my training week to that check so 11.50 x 8 because 4 hours a day for 2 days so 11.50 x8 is 92. so 230 + 92 = $322. So are they going to pay me for my 3rd week of work??? or are they counting my training week as 1 week and then second week as another? and will they hold my 3rd weeks of work for my next check? or will another check appear with my 3rd weeks of work on my ehr?

Here is the breakdown:
Orientation = 1st work week, paid on 10/27
2 days of training = 2nd work week, will be paid on 11/10
20 hrs (4a-9a) week = 3rd work week, will be paid on 11/10
More than 20 hrs (9a-12:30p for 3 days) week = 4th work week, will be paid on 11/24

Each Friday payday (occurs every 2 weeks), you get paid for last week and the week before last. Weeks are always Sun-Sat.

Last edited:
Here is the breakdown:
Orientation = 1st work week, paid on 10/27
2 days of training = 2nd work week, will be paid on 11/10
20 hrs (4a-9a) week = 3rd work week, will be paid on 11/10
More than 20 hrs (9a-12:30p for 3 days) = 4th work week, will be paid on 11/24

Each Friday payday (occurs every 2 weeks), you get paid for last week and the week before last. Weeks are always Sun-Sat.

So on 11/24 I'm going to get paid for 3 weeks worth of work? Why wouldn't they pay me it all this week? then on 11/24 pay me for 2 weeks.

You get paid biweekly, so a check every other week for the previous two weeks of work.

Go back to where you see your checks and you can click on them to view your pay stubs and it will break down exactly how many hours you worked over those two weeks, how much you earned, how much was withheld for taxes, etc.

So on 11/24 I'm going to get paid for 3 weeks worth of work? Why wouldn't they pay me it all this week? then on 11/24 pay me for 2 weeks.

No. You already got paid your for your first week on 10/27. You are getting paid for your second and third weeks tomorrow. You are getting paid for your fourth and fifth weeks on the 24th.

When you get paid for which work week depends on the date range that your work week fell on. 11/10 check date covers 10/22-10/28 and 10/29-11/04. 11/24 check date covers 11/05-11/11 and 11/12-11/18.

Last edited:
Make sure they have processed your Time Punch Corrections. Just check your eHR for your times and stubs.

No. You already got paid your for your first week on 10/27. You are getting paid for your second and third weeks tomorrow. You are getting paid for your fourth and fifth weeks on the 24th.

When you get paid for which work week depends on the date range that your work week fell on. 11/10 check date covers 10/22-10/28 and 10/29-11/04. 11/24 check date covers 11/05-11/11 and 11/12-11/18.

But on the 24th wouldn't i have worked 6 weeks? so their holding 1 weeks of on me?

But on the 24th wouldn't i have worked 6 weeks? so their holding 1 weeks of on me?

No. Payday falls on the Friday of your 6th week. They process that Friday paycheck on the Monday of your 6th week. They can't pay you for your 6th week if you haven't worked your 6th week yet. What they can pay you is the two complete weeks that you worked before the 6th week.

Last edited:
Monday/Tuesday o
No. Payday falls on the Friday of your 6th week. They process that Friday paycheck on the Monday of your 6th week. They can't pay you for your 6th week if you haven't worked your 6th week yet. What they can pay you is the two complete weeks that you worked before the 6th week.

Okay. You said that the 1st work week,has been paid on 10/27. However, I have not received a check as of yet. How do you send this check?

Okay. You said that the 1st work week,has been paid on 10/27. However, I have not received a check as of yet. How do you send this check?

The checks are delivered to the store every payweek. Ask HR to see if they still have your 10/27 check. You can still pick it up if they didn't mail it out already. Some stores mail out old checks that people don't pick up on time but not all stores do this. Check with your store's HR to find out.

Its
The checks are delivered to the store every payweek. Ask HR to see if they still have your 10/27 check. You can still pick it up if they didn't mail it out already. Some stores mail out old checks that people don't pick up on time but not all stores do this. Check with your store's HR to find out.

It's been 21 days tomorrow is 22, so is it possible that they can cancel my check if it had been sent out? And write me a new one physically presented to me? 22 days is a long time and clearly could be lost into the mail. Hopefully its there but no one has notified me about the check whats so ever.

Last edited:
It's been 21 days tomorrow is 22, so is it possible that they can cancel my check if it had been sent out? And write me a new one physically presented to me? 22 days is a long time and clearly could be lost into the mail. Hopefully its there but no one has notified me about the check whats so ever.

If they really did mail it out and it got lost in the mail, then they can replace the check for you. You need to talk to your store HR. They can do a replacement pay request for you.

This is the target i work at

I recommend editing the "address" portion of your post to delete your work address. It is better to remain anonymous on this site since corporate lurks here sometimes.

Last edited:
It is almost certainly still in the box of checks that most stores keep at Guest Services.

@HRLady please edit out the quote of his store location :).

Its

It's no one's job to notify you about the checks. You need to check for yourself. My store only mails them once a month or so.

It is almost certainly still in the box of checks that most stores keep at Guest Services.

My store keeps them at the Fitting Room. Since ASANTS, OP should check with his store HR (or just any coworker really) to see which one.

@HRLady please edit out the quote of his store location :).

Done! Thanks Yetive! Good catch! :)

When I saw OP's post at the time, it still said, "Address: 1234 Target St, Minneapolis, MN 56789." This is definitely not the actual address but it was written like that. It didn't occur to me at the time that they would type out the full address AND include a link to their store location.

I had already edited the complete address part of the quote but didn't realize that the word "Address" itself was an actual link. o_O I thought that they just changed the font color to red to emphasize it or something (I've actually happened to have done this before recently. lol).

Thanks again! I will definitely be watching out for those in future posts now. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back