Archived How much drama is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I'm new to Target. So far I really like my store... but there is TOO MUCH drama where I work. Plus I really dont think the ETLs and STL have a good handle on the situation.

Two team members got married to each other last year and they cause the majority of the drama. The woman is a GSA, and the guy is stocking or something like that. Well, multiple people have witnessed them in various areas of the store making out when they thought no one was around. One team member walked in on them getting hot and heavy in the mop closet at the GS counter. Also, whenever they fight... it's bad. I know ENTIRELY too much about these people's personal lives, as do many guests. The GSA was screaming at her husband a few weeks ago about some very personal things and they proceded to fight very loudly at the registers. Needless to say, this is very unprofessional behavior. I have approached HR about this multiple times, and they are definitely aware because EVERYONE in the store is aware of their drama... but nothing gets done about it. To top it all off, the GSA isn't even good at her job, and she breaks a ton of other rules too.

Also, the ETLs are absolutely TERRIBLE at handling harassment complaints. There have been a few GSAs make very legitimate complaints about other TMs, but nothing ever gets done. One ETL even called someone a brat for making a complaint.

What should I do about this? Like I said, I really like my store, but this drama is really uncomfortable. It's like a really bad reality show and I feel like it will eventually lead to a hostile work environment.

welcome53.gif

Should I call the hotline about the two married TMs? TBH, it really gets under my skin everyday. They think they are being cute, but it's actually disgusting and the GSA has a horrible personality. She even suggested to me that I should skip my break since there was "so much work" to be done. Also, she skips her breaks sometimes too, but makes a big production out of it like she is some sort of martyr for Target.

This is too much. No one should EVER ask you to skip your break or skip their own. If you document everything and take it to HR or your STL and nothing is done, then call the Integrity hotline. Just make sure you've got all of your ducks in a row with times and dates, because that will be important if this is investigated.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Target. So far I really like my store... but there is TOO MUCH drama where I work. Plus I really dont think the ETLs and STL have a good handle on the situation.

Two team members got married to each other last year and they cause the majority of the drama. The woman is a GSA, and the guy is stocking or something like that. Well, multiple people have witnessed them in various areas of the store making out when they thought no one was around. One team member walked in on them getting hot and heavy in the mop closet at the GS counter. Also, whenever they fight... it's bad. I know ENTIRELY too much about these people's personal lives, as do many guests. The GSA was screaming at her husband a few weeks ago about some very personal things and they proceded to fight very loudly at the registers. Needless to say, this is very unprofessional behavior. I have approached HR about this multiple times, and they are definitely aware because EVERYONE in the store is aware of their drama... but nothing gets done about it. To top it all off, the GSA isn't even good at her job, and she breaks a ton of other rules too.

Also, the ETLs are absolutely TERRIBLE at handling harassment complaints. There have been a few GSAs make very legitimate complaints about other TMs, but nothing ever gets done. One ETL even called someone a brat for making a complaint.

What should I do about this? Like I said, I really like my store, but this drama is really uncomfortable. It's like a really bad reality show and I feel like it will eventually lead to a hostile work environment.
Can you get AP to make recordings and email them out, the rest of us need something to laugh at.

Should I call the hotline about the two married TMs? TBH, it really gets under my skin everyday. They think they are being cute, but it's actually disgusting and the GSA has a horrible personality. She even suggested to me that I should skip my break since there was "so much work" to be done. Also, she skips her breaks sometimes too, but makes a big production out of it like she is some sort of martyr for Target.
In all seriousness, YES

How do you know nothing is being done about the married couple? It's not like anyone is going to come right out and tell you they're on CCA or on track for it.

Continue to tell HR when you witness anything inappropriate. It's not an AP matter or an integrity hotline matter.

I'm almost certain nothing is being done about it because my store is ultra low volume, and nothing ever gets done about anything. Heck, the entire store went to their wedding. The Food TL even walked her down the aisle...

Also, for what it's worth, my store is just one big clique. I've been at the store for almost half a year and I'm still not "in" and I definitely feel like an outsider. I get talked down to all the time from this GSA as well as other TMs. She walks around and carries herself like she is the best of the best... but she's in her late 50s and she's a GSA. There are 20 year olds in the store doing that job.

I'm thinking about returning to school and quitting Target. All the drama just isn't worth it.

How do you know nothing is being done about the married couple? It's not like anyone is going to come right out and tell you they're on CCA or on track for it.

Continue to tell HR when you witness anything inappropriate. It's not an AP matter or an integrity hotline matter.
In my experience, you'll get told "we're handling it" and then that TM is gone or more tolerable within 6 months. Then again, my leadership does at least a few things right and handling problem TMs is one of them.

In my experience, you'll get told "we're handling it" and then that TM is gone or more tolerable within 6 months. Then again, my leadership does at least a few things right and handling problem TMs is one of them.
Mine says that but nothing changes. Every six months or so I lodge a complaint against my troll, integrity and/ or stl or etl even ratted me out when I asked to be anonymous so that's no help.

But yeah, I'd rather go back to flipping burgers than not complain and possibly be performanced out for rocking the boat.

I'm going to start taking pictures and notes and just contact district HR myself. No one should work in an environment like this. These people might be "family" to the hillbillys that work there, but I know me and a few other cashiers and sales floor people are annoyed by it.

Hi everyone!

Thank you for tuning into...AS THE BULLSEYE TURNS

Best thing I can advise you is to observe/learn your store politics. Some TMs can get away with murder as long as they have an Exec/TL as a friend. If you squeal to the wrong person or too much, you can be deemed as a troublemaker.

I made some concerns known to the Hotline/External STL about how a transfer of mine was mishandled and some personnel issues on how I was being treated. I got thrown into the trouble maker pile.

I lost count of how many TMs I have seen date or marry each other. 85% of them ended in divorce or bad breakups. Never date the store. You did your initial due diligence. Your store may be making a case on them.

GSAs should never be coaching TMs directly. They have to direct coaching matters through the GSTL/Execs.

If you must report additional information on your store issues, DOCUMENT THROUGHLY and BE ANONYMOUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back