Archived How much effort do you currently give at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will admit that I don't give 100% anymore. There's a part of me that enjoyed and appreciated my store and the company. Don't get me wrong; I'm not just showing up for the check and not performing efficiently. I am global and can perform most processes efficiently. Logistics (Backroom, OPU, SFS, Receiving, PC) and Salesfloor. It's just difficult to achieve when others aren't playing their part. Through the last year, I have trained about 50 people... ETLs, Interns, TLs, and TMs. Most of them quit, the others make it difficult to perform.

We come with a plan, which I honor, but others do not. I've thought about transferring to another store, but ETL-HR and TL were trying to talk me out. I have talked to other tenures, and they are trying to keep their heads up and perform. Some of us are losing motivation and faith in the company. I tell them to keep working and look out for numero uno. A team cannot be divided or else they will fail. Have to fake it till you make it. I like to make sure that everyone is okay and try to help them.

I appreciate everything the company/store has provided me; knowledge, experience, and skills. Went to school to obtain my BBA on Target time. Could move up further, but specific people are making it difficult. Moving out of city/state is not an option. Currently looking for other opportunities if Spot isn't in my future.

I have ADHD, so,........... wait, what were we talking about before I finished these four repacks while I typed this?

I took my job very seriously when I started last fall, but with all the changes that have been taking place (taking away resources, lack of support from TLs etc) and the fact that there’a no incentive to bust my ass when there are other TMs who are NCNCs more than a handful of times and remain on the schedule, I’ll gladly sit in the fitting room on my phone.

Even on my worst days, I still give more than most TMs but I’m just a body pushing product, walking around in circles to pass the time, and taking advantage of the flaws in the dying system.

I'm the type always do your best even if it's digging a ditch. Make it the best darn ditch anyone has ever seen. Same with Spot ... even though it is usually not recognized. Don't care. At least they know I always do my best according to my ability - I'm not going to sacrifice my personal ethics just because mgmnt does. My two cents. Still ... I subscribe to "boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. That's why I poo on company time.".

How much effort do I give?

Well I ignored everyone today, got my shit done and went home.

I care about my work ethic, just don’t give a damn about most of the people anymore.

Last edited:
C2F0ug1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back