Archived How much effort do you currently give at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are getting hours in other departments.
While I’m staying in my dept.

So one teammate is getting four or five days, and another is getting three days this week.

My store rotates the hours between TMS. For the past 2 weeks I was scheduled 2 days and other TMs had 3 or 4. For the next 2 weeks I have 4 days and am at my personal max. for hours. Meanwhile, most of my TMs are scheduled for 2 or 3 days, even those with open availability (which I do not have). However, this is how MY store does it, ASANTS.

You could ask the schedule maker for your area:
1) Is there anyway you can get more hours?
2) Is there anything you can change about your work that would get you scheduled more?

At your review you could ask your TL about being scheduled more.

This is actually a good point. A lot of my coworkers smoke daily and would never pass a drug test. Even at my current new job, I had a coworker ask why I don't smoke, and I'm like dude, I wouldn't even have gotten this new job if I did since the first thing they did was drugged tested me
I have a TM, thats been with spot for 7 years. Literally hates everyday he is at work. I asked why not look for another job , the answer is alot of places drug tests.
Pot is suppose to relax you and make you happy ,from what I hear. Why are some so miserable?

I think I'm spoiled. I work with a great team who care sufficiently to a lot to get our work done. We all also really like our tl and want our work to reflect well. Now that's my work center. I can't speak for my whole store, but during my shifts I can tell most if not all tms are busting ass. I know there are lazy tms though because I see evidence of them....you can't hide from price change, we see your lazy reshop ways! Lol!

But it all comes from the leadership. We have a pretty decent team at the top and that makes all the difference.

Re: effort put forth - depends on the day. But I definitely don't care as much as I used to. I always try to do a good job with the product I push. But I've stopped caring much about what other people do - used to get all twitchy about overstocked product but I try to not see the leaning towers of bath towels and detergent bottles on their sides on top of other bottles and the pegs crammed so full that product bumps into other stuff on both sides. The wacky schematics with pegged product not able to hang without bumping into other stuff below and all the product that's supposed to fit on a shelf not able to actually fit. The one aisle in domestics (was in it today for ad set) that seems to have no POG at all. The 5 facings of a product that we get little stock for, so it's only 1 container deep and looks stupid.
While putting up ad for a shelf of water filters today, there was a random shelf tag placed on a shelf in the middle of the aisle that belonged on an end-cap. Why would someone put that much effort into putting a shelf tag in the wrong place? I could understand if it was close to the home location for the product, but it wasn't. Just weird randomness.
Caring more just leads to feeling angry and frustrated, and I do not get paid enough for that.

All I know is I come in work hard and get what I can done. Ya maybe sometimes ill talk to another TM for a min or two (usually about work related things anyway) but I would like to think I put in a good effort over in Market. Ive learned to stop caring what stuff DOESNT get done because one person can only do so much and if they want other things done leadership will have to figure it out.

One example would be us getting 1000ish pieces of Dry Market push between Wed/Fri and 600 pieces of C&S Thursday with about......like...45 hours of payroll for EVERYTHING that needs to be done in market those 3 days.

I'm easily bored, so I do my job as best I can, but don't stress too much about not finishing zone, etc. I'm not a fast zoner, to be sure--I spend too much time fixing all the shit our lazy ass flow team can't be bothered to fill correctly so I rarely finish my zone.

Getting an ION review because that's just what's done for new TMs at my store stung, though, as everyone else has said pretty glowing things about me. Really, though, if my spouse ever manages to be gainfully employed again I'm out of here, so I can't complain too much. I know I can get whatever hours I need, so whatever.

I give all that I have; it’s just how I operate. I am driven to excel. I want my work-area to be the best. The Best.

I always try to give my 100% no matter what just because that's the way I was raised. Obviously sometimes you just can't do that but I always try to go above and beyond because it makes me feel good knowing I gave it my best even if I didn't do everything 100%. Some people look at me and wonder why I care and go above with the work I do and my answer is it's just what I like doing and I'm more than happy to do it. As long as you're happy doing it why stop?

We are probably missing more days than hitting in electronics but overall we are making yearly comp. It isnt the fault of the team either, our truck is done in a couple hours, most of the stock in the backroom is out, outs are done. The 2 of us in the mornings could run the dept by ourselves but even together we can't pull sales out of thin air.

I’ve always put my best work into what I’m trying to complete. Before it was difficult to get fired from spot but now our TM’s are being performanced out in a month to two months by being coached every single shift. This is causing our entire team to change so they can still keep their job. However, new group direction states we cannot promote TMs to TLs from within and no internal ETL interns/ SR. TL promotions to ETL. They want new fresh candidates for leadership. I was on my way to be an intern since I am completing college and my DTL knows I have great work ethics; however that’s not happening anymore...... so I guess it’s time to leave soon.

It’s easy to let some things slide especially with all the chaos but every detail you attend to will pay off either at Spot or somewhere else. If you can land on your feet after being modernized, remodeled and end to ended then damn fine job. If you leave then you have experience you can learn from and probably stories about the time we....

None whatsoever since I quit recently. But when I was still a Target drone, I tried putting my best effort forward in every department I worked in. I was a "global TM" and was cross-trained in all areas of the store except backroom and Guest Services.

I’ve always put my best work into what I’m trying to complete. Before it was difficult to get fired from spot but now our TM’s are being performanced out in a month to two months by being coached every single shift. This is causing our entire team to change so they can still keep their job. However, new group direction states we cannot promote TMs to TLs from within and no internal ETL interns/ SR. TL promotions to ETL. They want new fresh candidates for leadership. I was on my way to be an intern since I am completing college and my DTL knows I have great work ethics; however that’s not happening anymore...... so I guess it’s time to leave soon.
Does this apply for all Target stores or just your district? If so wow they really are stupid aren't they? If that's true then I guess it's time to quit.

That's fucked up. I don't know if it's just your store but I think they won't be promoting any more leaders. Looks like they will keep downsizing even further. At least in my store it seems so.

That's fucked up. I don't know if it's just your store but I think they won't be promoting any more leaders. Looks like they will keep downsizing even further. At least in my store it seems so.
They do seem to be downsizing the management team quite a lot but a ton of managers are quitting anyway so there might be more open spots than before. I just hope that what the above person posted isn't true. No promotion internally is like unheard of, that kills everyone's motivation.

Does this apply for all Target stores or just your district? If so wow they really are stupid aren't they? If that's true then I guess it's time to quit.

It doesn’t apply to all stores but since we are a district office our DTL is always at our location. Therefore that said DTL telling all leadership to find outside candidates when searching to replace TL positions. Our business admin, DTL assistant, is saying the same for ETLs, that’s what the recruiters are looking for in our district.

Yeah could just be my store. Sucks for the people who try and work extremely well putting their time in not being able to advance their career!

They do seem to be downsizing the management team quite a lot but a ton of managers are quitting anyway so there might be more open spots than before. I just hope that what the above person posted isn't true. No promotion internally is like unheard of, that kills everyone's motivation.
Yea good luck with open spots, when all they bring in are recent college grads who know zero Target and should take a course called Zoning 101. Hah. I shouldn't have to train someone who is going to be an ETL.

Yea good luck with open spots, when all they bring in are recent college grads who know zero Target and should take a course called Zoning 101. Hah. I shouldn't have to train someone who is going to be an ETL.
Yeah they are never very good at picking "talent". Our summer intern was a complete joke, I can't believe they think these people will do anything for the company besides bring it down.

Yeah they are never very good at picking "talent". Our summer intern was a complete joke, I can't believe they think these people will do anything for the company besides bring it down.
That is one of the biggest reasons the company is going down, that it is not where it was a decade ago. These people don't have the brains. All they care about is that salary and they sit in the TSC all day and when they see you clock in and take a minute to write down your new schedule, they tell you it's something you're supposed to do on your break and tell you to help push. Like less than a minute it takes to copy down the schedule will break the bank, but that particular ETL doesn't do shit just come out of the TSC more than ten times a day, I see him every time I'm pushing he would walk out like he's on 'repeat' and I can't write my schedule except when on break. But he doesn't say shit to the team member early in the morning who clocks in and doesn't put on a red shirt until 8am and on the clock without red. WTF? No wonder the company is going to collapse when you have petty ETLs with zero sense how to run a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back