Archived How to ACTUALLY fix onhands and capacities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to get the autofills to stop ignoring capacities and pulling way too many eaches for a given location?

Example - those stupid Num Noms things in toys. The other day I pushed an autofill that had 8 cartons of Num Noms, 1 dpci. That's 36 eaches per, total of 288. Obviously you know without looking that that many aren't going to push to a single loc, so I checked the cap and it's set to "1,336 fit." I corrected it to 72, updated "how many are here?" to 72 and backstocked the rest. And then what do you know, the very next day the same ones dropped into another auto, even though the cap is now accurate.

Same thing happens with those Trina Turk planners in stationery. Actual cap is 6, floor count is set to 6, 12 are stowed in the back, and then 20 more will show up in a pull or in a repack on the truck.

Tried using Audit to fix it, but "can't do this because item is being replenished" every single time.

Why.

Is there a way to get the autofills to stop ignoring capacities and pulling way too many eaches for a given location?

Example - those stupid Num Noms things in toys. The other day I pushed an autofill that had 8 cartons of Num Noms, 1 dpci. That's 36 eaches per, total of 288. Obviously you know without looking that that many aren't going to push to a single loc, so I checked the cap and it's set to "1,336 fit." I corrected it to 72, updated "how many are here?" to 72 and backstocked the rest. And then what do you know, the very next day the same ones dropped into another auto, even though the cap is now accurate.

Same thing happens with those Trina Turk planners in stationery. Actual cap is 6, floor count is set to 6, 12 are stowed in the back, and then 20 more will show up in a pull or in a repack on the truck.

Tried using Audit to fix it, but "can't do this because item is being replenished" every single time.

Why.
You still pull auto fills? You guys didn’t switched to manuals only?

I think if you backstock it too fast, it thinks you burned it and puts it in the next pull. We've had success with a different TM backstocking it a couple hours after the pull.

Yep, still pulling autos. Also just to clarify, someone else is pulling and I'm doing the pushing and backstocking, so no burning. This has been happening since I started at Target but it's been especially bad since the beginning of this year.

Ever since they did a software update 2 years ago we've been screwed over when dropping batches for Revisions. A 10% change will pull freight that isn't even part of the revision. If the store is not pushing to the piece (not overstocking) or challenging capacities when pushing (156 fit for a Google Speaker - 2 physically fit) or checking second locations (endcaps), then the system will pull freight that it thinks needs to fill the floor although only 2 new items are going out. So hence the fill process is broken and not the system. The system is doing what it needs to fill the floor. I've tried my supporting and telling the DTL. Until we continue to challenge freight and train employees "to care" to fill the floor to make sales the system will always want to pull freight it thinks is empty.

You still pull auto fills? You guys didn’t switched to manuals only?
Oh... is that part of modernization? We still do autos 3 times a day (or 5 on weekends) I mean I know backroom is going away eventually but our store still has a backroom team there 'til around 7pm...wonder what their job is gonna be when it disappears? Anybody know?

Oh... is that part of modernization? We still do autos 3 times a day (or 5 on weekends) I mean I know backroom is going away eventually but our store still has a backroom team there 'til around 7pm...wonder what their job is gonna be when it disappears? Anybody know?
Terminology for backroom went away but the team didn’t . We are now logistics and inbound. Yes manuals is part of the new modernization. Overnight does the auto and day side does the manuals. When you do manuals your autos are very minimal to virtually nothing you get probably 3-10 dpci per full group. And manuals have 100-300 dpci per fillgroup. Backroom day works until 11pm and overnight starts at 10:30

I corrected it to 72, updated "how many are here?" to 72 and backstocked the rest.

Theres your problem, you told the system there were 72 on the floor and backstocked 216 of them. Once you backstock, the floor "oh hand" count thinks you took 216 out of the 72 "on hand" you said you had in location. What actually happened is the floor now has -144 in location according to the zebra... thus pulls more for replenishment. To fix this, backstock first then change how many are on the floor.

Theres your problem, you told the system there were 72 on the floor and backstocked 216 of them. Once you backstock, the floor "oh hand" count thinks you took 216 out of the 72 "on hand" you said you had in location. What actually happened is the floor now has -144 in location according to the zebra... thus pulls more for replenishment. To fix this, backstock first then change how many are on the floor.
Has something changed since in the past couple months since I’ve been gone? At least as of a couple months ago STOing does not not change OHs or On Floor Qtys. The only actions that increase OHs/SQFs are receipts/returns/count ups(audit ups)and the only actions that decrease OHs/SFQs are sales/markouts/Flex orders(OH decrementing). If they’ve change the system so that STOing decrements your SFQs then that’s just asinine. And if I remember correctly, audit would update OHs and capacities immediately in most cases.

Would this work: If the capacity is set to two but realistically only one will fit, can I use Audit to change the capacity to one, say there are two at the location, and take one to backstock? Will that make it stick. We're having a major headache with capacities being off and TMs overfilling. ETL-LOG wants me to try to fix it in my section and that's fine because I'm getting sick of lugging the same damn stuff out to the floor all the time that isn't needed. And, is there anyway to do this while the item is replenishing? Because this shit is always replenishing. I don't know how to backstock and I have no control over when the backroom will get to it.

When you audit update what's on the floor and tell it not to update the capacity. Then backstock what is extra. Otherwise backstock first then update the floor capacity.

The "item is being replenished" is a killer. I haven't tried it, but if you do an OPU for the item and INF it then it should trigger an audit task. My understanding was changing the floor quantity to 0 in EXF would also trigger an audit task, but I haven't seen that personally yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back