Archived How To Find Out Store Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlanoDude

Hello all! I have been wondering what my store volume is. Originally, I thought we were a ULV, but when I asked my TL and STL and they had no idea what I meant, and told me the sales figure. How do i know ULV from low volume from AA volume. We do 60-70k during week days, and 70-90k during weekends. I live in a seasonal town, so our sales goal OCT-FEB is 80-100k. What volume store do i work at?! I thought I worked at a ULV, but now have doubts.

Store facts under Store Reports. Sounds like C to me which would be ULV.

Store facts under Store Reports. Sounds like C to me which would be ULV.
Well then I was right! I figured I was ULV. If I go under Store Reports and found out that you're wrong though, Konk, I will have to issue a coaching.

Shit all I had to do is ask my store leader. No real secrets about how we're one of the top in the district now. We're making enough to possibly go back to overnight flow, not that I'd want that now though. I like my sleep.

Sounds like ulv. I'm lv and my goals are 80-90 most weekdays, 100-110k most weekends. 130 on holidays like the 4th of July.

The only real way to tell is to pull up your Store Facts Sheet under Store Reports. While we can estimate, we cannot really know what your sales total for the year will be and what mix of it is Food. You do not sound like a high volume store, I would say a B at the highest though.

My store is wonky. We're technically an A volume store, according to Store Reports. Our goals during the week are in the 80k range, with weekend goals topping 105-110k. Fourth quarter, our goals top 200k.

We're one of the physically larger store in my area, however, with all of our neighbor Target's being MUCH smaller volume.

Stores are ranked by sales volume, there used to only be A-D. Now there is AAAA-D. AAAA are super super busy Targets and D are the not so busy.

ULV=Ultra Low Volume

AN ULV store has "modified" routines in every department because they are "deemed" not as busy as other Targets because they have lower sales.

Lower sales=Lower guest traffic=reduction in staffing

Last edited:
Another way to tell is to tell us what your etl line up is. For ex: do you have 1 person over ge and salesfloor? Or do you have 1 ETL over ge and softlines and 1 over Hardlines, Or do you have 1 ETL over ge, 1 over softlines, and 1 over Hardlines?

Another way to tell is to tell us what your etl line up is. For ex: do you have 1 person over ge and salesfloor? Or do you have 1 ETL over ge and softlines and 1 over Hardlines, Or do you have 1 ETL over ge, 1 over softlines, and 1 over Hardlines?

Doubt that's too accurate.

We have
ETL-LOG
ETL-RX
ETL-HR
ETL-GE/SF

That'd likely make you guess we're C volume, but in reality we're a high B, and may become A volume once it updates for this years sales.

Doubt that's too accurate.

We have
ETL-LOG
ETL-RX
ETL-HR
ETL-GE/SF

That'd likely make you guess we're C volume, but in reality we're a high B, and may become A volume once it updates for this years sales.

That seems like such a small amount of Leadership. Our store is around A/A+ volume, but we have:

ETL-LOG
ETL-HR
ETL-GE
ETL-HL
ETL-SL
ETL-Replenishment (I think? He's overnight.)
ETL-AP
ETL-Rx
ETL-SF (She was an intern, but I think she's just a SF ETL now)
If you throw our two Senior TL's into the mix, then that makes for a lot of leadership.

That seems like such a small amount of Leadership. Our store is around A/A+ volume, but we have:

ETL-LOG
ETL-HR
ETL-GE
ETL-HL
ETL-SL
ETL-Replenishment (I think? He's overnight.)
ETL-AP
ETL-Rx
ETL-SF (She was an intern, but I think she's just a SF ETL now)
If you throw our two Senior TL's into the mix, then that makes for a lot of leadership.

We have 4 Sr. TL's, used to have 5, one is now our VML so he no longer seems to do LOD shifts since becoming VML.

I wonder what my store is.. but we have

ETL AP
ETL GE/SF
ETL Food
ETL HR (she just quit so spot is still empty)
ETL LOG ( on loa)
And then we have two support ETLS
One for flexible fulliment and the other for LOG...finally we have five sr. TLs

@H2Owned if I had to guess I would say low volume, maybe C? That's a lot of Sr TLs!!o_O

My store has an:
STL
ETL AP
ETL RX
ETL LOG
ETL OPS
ETL HL
ETL SL
ETL FOOD
ETL GE
ETL HR
ETL REPL

As well as 4 Sr TL's. I know we used to be AA at my store but I think we have been moved up?! I also heard about a store that had two STL's...anyone know if that's possible?

Our store has

STL

Sr ETL-Merch

ETL-HR

ETL-Ops

3 ETL-Log (2 of them are overnight)

ETL-GE

ETL-AP (He just moved to another store but comes one day of the week)

ETL-Offsite

ETL-SL

ETL-HL

And we have 3 Sr TLs

What are the actual figures that break up or down the volume of a store? I know we are ulv, should have bumped up but because they have changed the value amount we didn't. Can't imagine we won't this year. Shire could use the extra people!!! And hours. We have been riding the line for years! I am not sure we missed many weekly goals this year and have exceeded most. But what are the actual figures? Does anyone know? I know it goes by yearly figures.

....Ok clearly a phone problem and it won't let me delete sorry....

Our store has

STL

Sr ETL-Merch

ETL-HR

ETL-Ops

3 ETL-Log (2 of them are overnight)

ETL-GE

ETL-AP (He just moved to another store but comes one day of the week)

ETL-Offsite

ETL-SL

ETL-HL

And we have 3 Sr TLs
What's an ETL-Offsite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back