Archived How to get ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my store has been really bad lately on getting shipments of ice
And ive noitced guests always complaing that we never have any.
I know before we used to get pallets at a time but know wel only get like 2 of those metal cage things
So is there a way to order more ice or is it just automatically orderd/delivered by ice vendor

In the summer months, we have a pallet of each size bag in the walk-in, otherwise its just the ice freezer. Our vendor has a set day weekly when they come.

Your receiver or somebody else should have a number to call the ice vendor. Ours comes by every month or so but in summer we've had to request a delivery a few times.
Same. They will deliver whatever we want, so we have to be careful the receiver doesn't over order.

My CTL has an old file box with vendor business cards ours is "home ice" call and tell them you want 1 pallet of 7 lb ice and give them the address and 1 or 2 days later it's there.

We are a new store and are serviced by Arctic Glacier. I called to set up an account, but despite numerous calls have sill not received shipment. I finally gave up but should try again.

We are a new store and are serviced by Arctic Glacier. I called to set up an account, but despite numerous calls have sill not received shipment. I finally gave up but should try again.
Find out if they're trying to make deliveries but showing up outside of the dock hours. If they're SBT that wouldn't be an issue but I don't know if ice vendors can be SBT. Otherwise somebody's probably going to have to try and escalate if you can dig up the contact info for whoever's above the phone number you have. Not sure if MySupport would help on this or the vendor scorecard being filled out.

Call the receiver at the closest store to you. Bet they can help you.

I remember calling our Artic Glacier vendor, the first time I got British Airways, then second number I called I got cussed out my the Vendor for calling him on his "private line" that HE listed on our vendor contacts......

We had to put a half pallet outside once and eat the cost because my etl ge told the vendor we needed two pallets when we already had a decent amount. She no longer works for target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back