Archived HOW to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being fired that way is just not the way to do it. You want to NCNS because you don't want to deal with the situation. You're trying to be an adult with a child mentality. Not a good way to start your work history/ethic.

Good luck getting hired anywhere else ever again. Why would anyone hire you if your idea of quitting is just not showing up ever again? Better hope no one checks your references.

It really isn't hard to quit. Just go to an ETL or HR and really just say, "I need to put my 2 weeks notice in, can I have a form?" At my last job, I literally just told the store manager that I couldn't work there anymore and I needed to put my 2 weeks in. I worked those 2 weeks like a responsible adult, then just moved on.

Hmm...what will you quit first...Spot or this thread?!?! NCNS means you'll never work at Spot again (most likely)...you'll get a job somewhere, someday..when you're ready to handle the responsibility.
58894766.jpg

I suggest you talk to HR about it. a nice gift for you to give the team who are hurting for hours is to put the remainder of your shifts on the swap board.

Ok, so I'm an HR TM - so believe me when I say that no one will be mad at you if you put your 2 weeks in. You don't even have to give a reason. You can lie and say you got another job or that you are getting married. No one will care. But, if you just don't show up - every single person in that store will lose all respect for you. Talk about an awkward situation and anxiety when you try to shop there again as a guest.

can someone tel me what will happen if i ncns 3 times will they call me or anything? and will this prevent me from getting another job
Yes, they will call you four times per day for about 3 weeks. Then they will send someone to your home. They won't come to the door; they will sit out front and watch for you to come out of your house. You will never work in this town again.

How did you get to be 16 and so irresponsible and dumb?

Yes, they will call you four times per day for about 3 weeks. Then they will send someone to your home. They won't come to the door; they will sit out front and watch for you to come out of your house. You will never work in this town again.

How did you get to be 16 and so irresponsible and dumb?

Eh, I think that's a bit harsh. It shouldn't be very surprising that a 16 year old doesn't really understand workplace etiquette. I don't know if I would have done something like this, but I can see a lot of people I knew at 16 being in a situation like this.

But, if you just don't show up - every single person in that store will lose all respect for you. Talk about an awkward situation and anxiety when you try to shop there again as a guest.
Quote for truth

Keep going to work. Every time you see a leader, no matter what you're doing drop everything and go up to them asking to discuss how you can get a promotion.

Eh, I think that's a bit harsh. It shouldn't be very surprising that a 16 year old doesn't really understand workplace etiquette. I don't know if I would have done something like this, but I can see a lot of people I knew at 16 being in a situation like this.
She was responsible enough to apply for a job. She should be responsible enough to quit the job. And to read what has been written about 12 times. Maybe somebody needs to be harsh with her.

True. BUT....when my 16 y/o daughter wanted to quit her first job (and she had good reasons IMO), she begged me to please do it for her. I said "no" because of exactly what I posted above....if she was old enough to have a job, then she needed to be old enough to not ask her parents (or anyone else) to bail her out of an uncomfortable situation. She sucked it up, made the call, talked to an irritated manager but it was done and she was able to move on.

what happens if i NCNS 3 times? will i have a hard time getting a new job?

Unfortunately because you're not wanting to do it the correct way in order to be rehireable, if you put them down as former employment they can tell future employers if they call that you are not rehireable and that's a red flag to some jobs. Honestly this would have been all over in a few days had you put your 2 weeks in and actually talked to someone at work. You prolonged it by wanting to do it the way you're thinking of doing it. People are only being harsh now cause you honest to god are not listening at all. You have to suck it up and just call them or put your 2 weeks notice in. You're being ridiculous at this point honestly and this is coming from someone who has anxiety and doesn't want to cause conflict. You're making it a bad situation when it isn't one. Just call them already. If you were my kid and doing this whole what should I do thing at home, id take you in there, ask for the manager and say "she wants to quit". How embarrassing is that? It can show up on future jobs. I had it happen when I was your age and just left a job. Just cut it out already and do it right. As for it not being awkward.. It's always awkward but no ones going to be mad.. If you do it right. You're screwing over all your fellow team members by bailing without notice. You have to think about how you would feel having to pick up the slack if someone did what you're thinking of doing. I'm to the point of calling them for you lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back