Archived HOW to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know i posted earlier about this situation and people were really rude and i got nervous and didnt quit yet.
i have a shift today and i need to quit and i cant come into any other shifts which im scheduled for, so i need to quit and this needs to be my last day
How do i do this?
(also side note i live in a 6 hour state and if im working 11-5 which is 6 hours do i get a half or no?)

I mean the professional and responsible way to quit is to give two weeks notice. I guess if you /need/ to quit today go in and tell them and fill out the paper work. You won't be able to get rehired without a two week notice though, I think.

I mean the professional and responsible way to quit is to give two weeks notice. I guess if you /need/ to quit today go in and tell them and fill out the paper work. You won't be able to get rehired without a two week notice though, I think.
who do i tell

Or you take the passive/aggressive option and do what 95% of the people do at my store: do 3 consecutive NCNS and you are done and you never had to talk to anyone.

You first posted on March 27, and several people responded with good advice on how to handle the situation which you, apparently, ignored. You had enough time to a.) go to the store and talk to the LOD, or, b.) call the store on the phone and talk to the LOD, ETL-HR, or the STL and explain the situation, giving the store a chance to resolve your dilemma or have enough time to find replacements for your shifts. At this point, I really have no idea what you want the members of this site to do for you.

Last edited:
1) Go to the HR TM
2) Ask to put in two week's notice or voluntary termination form (THESE ARE SAME THING)
3) Fill out the form
4) Work the next two weeks

If you DON'T want to work the next two weeks:

1) Don't come into work
2) That's it, stop coming into work

As a TM, the consequences are nearly the same for you. Nothing will really happen at all, it's just up to you whether or not you want to leave on good terms. No one will yell at you for quitting, and even if they did, you can literally just walk away (you're quitting! Nothing matters!)

I hope this guide helped you.

I don't think anyone was rude to you on your last post, if anything you just didn't like what anyone was telling you but we all told you how to quit.. So I really am just as confused as everyone else to what the problem is. Fill out the paper and be on your way or just don't show up. The difference is on if you want to be rehireable or not.

Go up to the LOD/etl-hr/STL and ask for a voluntary termination form. I think Everyone was pleasant to you on your last post. If you want to quit you need to make that desecion yourself the members of this site can't make that desecion for you.

Last edited:
Based on your prior thread:
think i need to quit
There was no hostile postings in that thread.
Bottom line is, you need to decide leave spot. You had stated that you would call out last week. We assume that you have called out.
If you decide to quit, go to tmsc & filled out the 2 week form without delay. If you don't want to come back to spot, then don't come back to work.

Last edited:
Hope you have line up of new job offered before you dump Spot.

You can never quit Target. Bullseye has your soul. You signed it away during orientation. That wasn't a W-4 form you filled out...
OMG, it's been 9 months since I quit and I still fold towels when I go in to shop. I caught myself going to a cashier with a flashing light one day. I try to turn up the non-existent walkie while I'm shopping because I can't hear well enough. I straighten the carts when I leave. Should I mention that I help guests while I'm in the store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back