Archived How To: Red Cards - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I have a quick question. It totally slipped my mind - especially since I went through the RC basics during training buuut, I still need to know. More like have someone jog my memory.

Anyways, here is my question. When a guest agrees to signing up for a red card, do you sign them up after you finish and hit TOTAL or before you finish?

I guess it all depends if its a prompted conversion or a signup during transaction.

If prompted, you already have hit Total.

If they are signing up mid-transaction, then you scan the pamphlet. I can't remember if it asks for guest info after the pamphlet scan or after hitting total. But it will eventually ask if the guest wants to put the transaction on the card.

If I am able to talk to the guest into red card before I start ringing them up(in electronics), I have them do the credit app to avoid getting a prompt from register to keep the store prompt score down for RC conversion. Since our dtl, has raised the RC score to 4% from 3% last month.

When a guest agrees to signing up for a red card, do you sign them up after you finish and hit TOTAL or before you finish?

Scan the pamphlet before you hit TOTAL. Don't worry about the prompt - you should be asking every guest before you reach that point anyways.

If the guest is opening a credit card and might not want to have a balance on it right away, suspend the order and do the application as a separate transaction. If they are instantly approved, then you can retrieve the suspended order and the guest has the option to use their new Red Card if they want to. **For all you scorekeepers out there, this will eliminate the possibility of a prompt because suspended orders don't prompt regardless of how the guest is paying.**

Red card related:

Is there a way to get the people that pay mostly in cash to sign up for a red card? Like, can they get the debit, and use the 5% discount, but still pay cash? Like, using the pay another way method, swiping and then adding all cash. If so, I might be able to get way more redcards this way.

Does the debit have any fees that might make this an undesirable payment method for a skeptical guest?

Like, can they get the debit, and use the 5% discount, but still pay cash? Like, using the pay another way method, swiping and then adding all cash. If so, I might be able to get way more redcards this way.

That would not work with the debit card. If they use the debit card, it will come from their checking account, so no cash would be accepted "on account." And using the pay another way too method would not work because the guest would be replacing the debit payment with cash. If they pay nothing with the card, they won't save 5% on anything.

If they have the credit card, however, they can use the card to pay at the register, then pay off their balance with cash at Guest Service.

Does the debit have any fees that might make this an undesirable payment method for a skeptical guest?

Only if their bank charges a service fee for debit transactions. But here's the weird part: my bank charges for each debit after a certain number of "free debits" each month, but I don't get charged when I exceed that monthly limit with my Red Card. (I'm wondering if it just applies to my bank-issued debit card and not my checking account.)

You scan the red card pamphlet and select debit or credit.. Then hit total and scan the ID.

Okay, so I have a quick question. It totally slipped my mind - especially since I went through the RC basics during training buuut, I still need to know. More like have someone jog my memory.

Anyways, here is my question. When a guest agrees to signing up for a red card, do you sign them up after you finish and hit TOTAL or before you finish?
If I understand, then it's BEFORE total. The RC won't even scan if u are at total screen. Just my own experience,, here....

Whenever possible, just finish scanning purchased items and do RC at end. We have option to complete data entry snd then return to scanning, but I run into regular glitches with that. I've gotten the RED SCREEN message (system is down) often enough that I don't trust it.

If I understand, then it's BEFORE total. The RC won't even scan if u are at total screen. Just my own experience,, here....

The original post is extremely dated. 5 years ago the POS used to prompt the cashier to ask about the Redcard after every transaction. So cashiers could scan a pamphlet after they hit TOTAL. They obviously don't do that anymore so parts of this post are obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back