Archived How to Requisition these . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a discussion with ETL-HR I'm wondering how to make this happen: Wanting to bbq for July 4 and avoid taking all of the hotdogs from the shelves. Possibility of using hotdogs from Food Ave came up! I mean, we can order these and have them ready rather than have to raid the shelf! I'm thinking great idea if we can figure out how to implement it.

Any idea how to requisition 2 or 3 boxes of just hotdogs? :confused:

Since the 4th well off you could requisition them now even if you don't have them that way they should come in next week and still enough for the guests

Ask your bread vendor they can usually donate hot dog buns

Just start requisitioning them now. You have a little over month, just requisition a couple a week, so the shelves won't be empty

Good luck.

With food Ave hot dogs you can simply have food Ave order a few extra boxes as well as buns. Plus it won't even hurt the requisition account.

Usually my old ETL-HRs or STLs buy food from another store/restaurant/caterer. And they get re-imbursed as a out-of-store reimbursement.

But if your store just wants the FA idea.

Check the requisition prompt to see if it will accept the hotdog case ordering DPCI.
or
Or get the hotdog DPCI from FA and ring up the total number being requisitioned at GS.

Just have FoodAve order a 2-3 extra cases, and a number of buns as well.

Also, you could check on your backrooms cooler and see what they have backstocked back there. Because if you get them off the floor...its just going to pull them from the back anyways. PLUS who ever backstocks your cooler/freezer would love the extra room.

We normally have an etl hit up bjs or Costco with their pcard...

Why go to other stores when we have what you need here? Hot dogs. Buns. Cheese.

Is it because we don't want to run out?

Silly to go to other stores and boost their sales. Might as well tell the guest ... Oh, you can't buy the last pillow.

I get having limits. Maybe I just don't understand.

Silly to go to other stores and boost their sales. Might as well tell the guest ... Oh, you can't buy the last pillow.

Some stores don't sell everything the store may need and or want for a cook out. So, sometimes you have to purchase from an outside source.

Tell a TM you don't like to take some boxes from Food Avenue and store them in the backroom cooler. Have them do this a few times, then fire them for stealing and then use the stolen hot dogs for the BBQ. Works every year.

lawful_evil_matai_shang_by_4thehorde-d4slqnt.jpg

I am a low volume store. Around a major holiday I can't risk low instocks on popular food like hotdogs. I run out of buns as it is. Easier to go to the local mega store and buy a couple cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back