Archived How's buying from Target.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to know everyone's general opinion on the site. The page won't even go to checkout for me and I've heard horror stories about items out of stocked after messages saying they've been shipped, etc.

It's alright. There was a bug at one point where I couldn't view my cart or checkout. Works fine now, though. Once, an item I ordered was out of stock. I swear, though, when I get free shipping (red card or not) the shipping takes the exact amount of days as the upper part of the range. I think they say 5-7 days, and I get everything on the 7th day even if it's close enough to arrive sooner.

I knew about that out of stock item before the rest shipped, though.

I used it once to buy my gf a nice big mirror and we were sent a clearance piece of shit mirror.

One of my regulars ordered a little girls' dress in yellow - got a red party dress in misses size.
I ordered 5+ DVDs for my nieces; all were in stock but they broke it up into three different shipments. Still waiting for the last two.
What a waste.

Sometimes sites break up the items because they didn't have all of them in one warehouse. Amazon does that sometimes, but I still get everything on the same day because Prime.

Once I got a pj set I didn't order but it was my size and cute, so it was a win. I guess I've been lucky with target.com lol! I won a $20 gift card for making a college registry once (did it for a measly 10% coupon. No regrets) and on the same order, a sale started the next day so I called custy service and they refunded a portion without taking my discount and redcard into consideration. "#blessed." Honestly, though, I think I only choose tgt when I do because I know if it goes wrong, I can return it when I'm at work and I don't have to make another trip.

I bought one of those faux-leather arm chairs from there... free shipping, although you had to schedule an appointment with the shipping company (Home Direct USA). It came about a month after it was supposed to come. I don't blame Target, after all it's free, but just be warned if you ever buy a piece of furniture from online.

slow , i ordered a hair brush . it took about 9- 10 days to arrive . then i found the same brush 3 dollar cheaper on amazon.

It definitely helps when you have the redcard free shipping! The only bad thing I have had is things appearing in 3 shipments ( crazy) Let's say I order Sweatshirt, watch, shoes. Watch comes first.......Shoes comes next and Sweatshirt comes last. They never send them all at once........ That is the only odd thing that happened.

I can never seem to get items to sort correctly. If I choose price - low to high, it will have some random items not displayed in the correct order.

On the plus side, there are tons of stores participating in Ship from Store in my area, so when I order something that is also sold in stores, I usually get it in 2-5 days.

I ordered 5+ DVDs for my nieces; all were in stock but they broke it up into three different shipments. Still waiting for the last two.
The only bad thing I have had is things appearing in 3 shipments ( crazy) Let's say I order Sweatshirt, watch, shoes. Watch comes first.......Shoes comes next and Sweatshirt comes last. They never send them all at once........
This is the main issue with Ship from Store. Even if all items in the order get routed to the same location, if the TM can't find an item, then just that item will get routed to another location as a separate order. The logic is that the other items are ready to go, so why bother making the TM put them back and then having a TM somewhere else look for them all again?

It would be smart if the myFA app automatically adjusted the on-hand amount when an item is not found (so stores stop getting multiple orders for the same item that they don't have). But that would be too easy and make too much sense.

It would be smart if the myFA app automatically adjusted the on-hand amount when an item is not found (so stores stop getting multiple orders for the same item that they don't have). But that would be too easy and make too much sense.
This. If the item is thoroughly searched for and not found, it's as good as working the Drastic Change Reoprt for that item. It should change the OHs.

l ordered mascara and 2 lip glosses a few months ago and got a $5 gift card with it. The mascara and 1 lip gloss came together in one box and the other lip gloss came separately. They came in pretty big boxes even though they were small items which I think was a waste. They arrived on the same day about a week or so after I ordered and the gift card came in an envelope a week or so after that. I don't think I would order anything online again.

I order from there frequently (hello, clearance!) and agree their shipping methods suck and probably cost them a lot of money. If you order 5 things, I guarantee you're getting 5 separate packages and 5 different charges on your bank statement.

I think I'll need to retract my previous defense for why items get shipped separately. Today I ordered two small common items, both in stock at my store... And the order got split for no reason. One item dropped in to my store within 30 minutes and when I got it ready to pack, it was the only item listed on the packing slip. I have no clue where the other item got routed or why.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want anything shipped from the store lol. Sometimes I order because I don't trust certain items from the store. I've witnessed people swatching lip products so I try not to buy the lip products that just have a sticker on them.

After two order canceled, and refund problem issue with customer (err I mean guest) service, I will never order from Target online ever again!

I've bought two things from there. They went OK. One of them took a fuck of a long time to get to me but it was the limited edition Sonia Kashuk makeup brush set and was coming from AZ (I live in the midwest)

I'm usually rushing to get out and forget I need a few things, so the free shipping makes it easy for me to just buy things as soon as I think of them and wait for them to come to me.

My mom bought something from Target.com a few years ago. One DVD.

Week later, 2 packages with packing labels that say "Target.com", addressed to my mother, arrive at our house.

Package #1: DVD ordered from Target with packing slip.

Package #2:
(And I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it with my own eyes) 3 Blu-ray movies, with a packing slip from BestBuy.com, to a guy that lived in Ohio (I live nowhere near Ohio).

Positive experiences all around though as far as quality of service. Takes a little longer than Amazon, but I'm happy with it.

I haven't had any problems with ship to store. Hassle free now Target.com minus the 3 different packages I wasn't really annoyed since I wasn't in a rush for the items but it definitely was odd. Didn't a few years back ( correct me if I am wrong) Amazon was apart of Target??

Well idk if amazon was part of target but we did use to sell kindles and amazon gift cards. I do have a question tho about target.com and sfs...like say I buy a movie on target.com.. does the movie come from target.com or does the movie come from a target that has a sfs department. And if it does come from a store how does it pick which store to ship it from?

I ordered five movies for my grand-nieces & they came in two shipments from two different locations.
I guess it's according to availability.

I do have a question tho about target.com and sfs...like say I buy a movie on target.com.. does the movie come from target.com or does the movie come from a target that has a sfs department
It could come from either one.

And if it does come from a store how does it pick which store to ship it from?
A computer decides how the orders get routed, but it is based on factors such as distance, available stock on hand, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back