Archived HR ETL... how much longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been at Target for about 6 months now as an HR-ETL at a southern Super, and I'm fairly young (25, 2 yrs HR exp. before spot).

I'm kind of already feeling like that 18 month mark I hear ETLs start to drop off at is going to happen to me. This isn't exactly the kind of HR I was told I would be doing during my interview (I originally was looking for recruiter positions). I love so many parts of my job - managing and developing my team, LOD shifts, the few recruiting tasks I do get. But the fact that my job is basically just scheduling and covering call-ins is starting to get me.

Plus it feels as if the HR position will very soon be gone - my district is already 2 HR ETLs heavy.

Does anyone else feel this way, or do I just need to suck it up?

Start dusting off your resume unless you want to transition to a different ETL role.
Good news is that Target ETLs were usually snapped up by other companies & HR experience translates across a broad business spectrum.

Hey, I appreciate that. I'm very fortunate that I have had my hands in every part of HR here, I feel pretty confident that I can kill my next HR job.

Several ETL-HRs around our district were able to jump to other companies.
Think of it this way: If you land one in a non-retail company, you'll get to enjoy holidays again ;)

As far as our district goes, all ETL-HRs will be eliminated by August. If you like HR, Target is not the place for you anymore. Soon, going forward, there will one HR (BP)/district instead of one/store.

My last ETL HR who left moved on to a six figure hr job. It's a great stepping stone of a position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back