Archived I call out because

I will call out if...

• I am clopening

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Scheduled too early (but still in my availability)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Scheduled too late (but still in my availability)

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I need two days in a row and haven't got one

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • I was scheduled in a workcenter I hate

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never called out while working at Target. Almost did when it snowed very bad, because I was trapped due to a hill, but ended up going in a couple hours late.

@HRZone we literally had 4 callouts because of the snow this weekend. Not a single flake stuck.

@NPC I quoted your fantasy, then told the fantasy of several of our TMs. The whole point of this thread is trying to get people to not call out and my point is your reason for showing up can be their reason for calling out.

I've had HR before that tried to schedule everyone the same and we had the worst attendance. But hey the store was usually under their hours for the month.

Last edited:
@NPC I quoted your fantasy, then told the fantasy of several of our TMs. The whole point of this thread is trying to get people to not call out and my point is your reason for showing up can be their reason for calling out.

I've had HR before that tried to schedule everyone the same and we had the worst attendance. But hey the store was usually under their hours for the month.

The point of this thread is to find out reasons people call out other than for sickness, in an attempt to write better schedules and reduce said call outs. This is an opinion based conversation. What fucking relevance is there in replying to me?! I don't care about a single thing you responded with! Just write a post about what you think! What does it have to do with my fantasy schedule?! What a waste of time.

I haven't called out yet but in my past jobs I called out when ever the day I asked for off wasn't approved, there's a reason why I couldn't work that day. (Family or personal) Even then that was pretty rare

@NPC the whole point of quotes is not to reply to the poster I can do that with @ the point of it is to be able to jump back to a part of the thread that may be pages back. This is a small thread, but some of the 200+ threads have useful information on page 123 and nobody wants to dig through to that section from the beginning or end of the document.

In the grand scheme of things, is it really that annoying? I mean c'mon, the phrase under your avatar says "hecking chillllllllllll".... so maybe do that?

How abou you fuck off with that and don't try and dictate my emotions? I'll be annoyed at whatever annoys me. If it makes you feel better, you're allowed to be annoyed at me too. Shit, isn't life amazing? Take that, if you're into positive bullshit.

@HRZone we literally had 4 callouts because of the snow this weekend. Not a single flake stuck.

Haha you too? We had 5 on Sunday and 3 of them were non selected on the shift swap board.

I've called out plenty just not for any of the options in the poll. Illness is #1. That includes me being sick, my child, and any of our 7 pets.

How abou you fuck off with that and don't try and dictate my emotions? I'll be annoyed at whatever annoys me. If it makes you feel better, you're allowed to be annoyed at me too. Shit, isn't life amazing? Take that, if you're into positive bullshit.

Easy my friend. I don't think anyone is trying to pick a fight.

I've called out plenty just not for any of the options in the poll. Illness is #1. That includes me being sick, my child, and any of our 7 pets.

The point of the thread was reasons outside of illness. There is nothing a schedule writer can do about you being sick

Easy my friend. I don't think anyone is trying to pick a fight.

Except for me.
tenor.gif

I feel passionate about this subject! I hope it reaches to all of HR.

Voted for Workcenter I Hate but I do post it on the swap board as soon as I see it. I will also call off for severe snow because I'm not screwing with that.

Also, you mention aside from injury (among other things). Do you consider a charlie horse a form of injury? I got the awesome genetics that dictate that when I get them, I'm waking up from a dead sleep already screaming and likely writhing on the floor in absolute pain. There have been days where I can't walk upright let alone drive or work.

Other than my aforementioned reasons I rarely call off.

I will call out only if I am sick, there's something preventing me from getting to work (mostly car trouble), a personal emergency, or once in a blue moon, it's early morning and I have a shift that is so short it's not worth coming in for. I rarely ever call off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back