Archived I did something easily fireable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psucnfmemd

DndkdZ
Hi, today I was tired and unfocused the whole day, at work I went to backup cashier and I ended up forgetting to scan a pack of beer and a pack of water, the guy told me when he walked up that he had stuff on the bottom of the cart and I’m only 17 so I decided to wait till the end to have someone else scan the beer. I would think forgetting to scan a pack of water is forgivable but not beer because I didn’t check his ID and I’m not 18. What should I do? I was planning on quitting my job in a couple months so I can focus only on school so I’m ok with getting fired. The only thing I do worry about is me getting fired and that ruining my chance of getting a different job or career in the future.

Everyone makes a mistake. Stay in school. Go on loa to get a break from the stress of spot.
Second this advice. We’re human. We make mistakes. If the guilt is eating at you, confess, and explain it was an honest mistake, you’ll probably get off with a coaching. Otherwise say nothing but if they confront you then apologize perfusely.

Target lets you take an LOA for up to one year for edu. Plus you get to use your discount while you’re away!

like everyone else is saying, we all make mistakes. You’re more than likely ok. Maybe a coaching or CCA if you’re caught.

Worst case scenario and you get termed, don’t worry about it. Future employers will not care that 17 year old you got fired from an entry level job. Minor details in the grand scheme of life.

You will probably not be fired. Probably no one knows.

It's possible someone knows. AP spends time reviewing footage of TMs too. AP has some sort of worksheet/process where they have to review 10 (I think it's 10) the footage of transactions that a cashier has performed. I've had cashiers tell me that AP has talked to them about Bob & Lisa because they missed something, too.

So you may or may not be talked to, but fired, no.

If you're getting stressed out, go on Educational Leave of Absence. You can do that anytime school is in session.

Easily fireable offense would be
1.taking your clothes off on the floor, 2.touching someone inappropriately,
3.punching someone (inappropriately)
4.cussing at som0ne (inappropriately)
5.stealing
6.sleeping
7.NCNS

Everything else is just meh.

In the future, own up to it quickly and directly to your GSTL. Unless they're a complete asshole and it was a one off mistake, most supervisors would let something like that slide.

Just thank the guest for their honesty, recap the GSTL on what happened, and go about your day. No harm done.

5.stealing
6.sleeping
7.NCNS

Everything else is at the discretion of your TL to CCA you and put you on a final for showing up to work and doing your job. This company is a joke

At a previous job, I had a co-worker who sold beer to someone who was clearly already intoxicated and he wasn't fired. As long as they weren't clearly intoxicated and of legal age, nothing to worry about.

People whose only defense is “well at the other starbucks” I want to drag them out to parking lot and kick them in the direction of the “other starbucks”
Happens all the time at GS too. “Other target”. Frustrating thing is there actually is another target nearby that’s a total yes desk “oh go to [Amanda’s target] and they’ll price match our clearence price for you!”

It’s like honestly if you (the tm) called us and explained the situation id probably be willing to make an exception after checking with GSTL if the price difference wasn’t big but not when you just send the guest over here after I’ve called you and told you to stop doing that /rant

Even if it's the worst case and you were fired (which is all but certain not going to happen) future employers aren't going to know. Employers don't discuss the reason for the end of one's employment as that could open them up to lawsuits by the former employee. You could even leave it off your resume entirely and future employers will then never know you worked at Target, and there is no deception or wrongdoing in not listing a job on your resume.

7252[/ATTACH]497801, member: 19469"]
5.stealing
6.sleeping
7.NCNS

I tend to do this a lot

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1550377177952.jpg