Archived I got a 13 cent raise today for my review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's more than I got on my first review

was very depressing doing the math and seeing how "much" more I earned that year

here's hoping for a better 2nd one

I got a 36 cent increase.

My TL asked for any comments, concerns or complaints after the review and I basically took that time to explain why they need to train me in bike building. Since I'm usually the toys/sporting goods closing zoner, it would definitely help.

Forgive if this has been answered here before. I'm an impatient drunl.

k

My six months (at Target, not sobber) falls just on the future-side of April. Will I get a review this year, or do I wait for next April?

You will get a review, and your raise will be prorated for the time you've been there. In other words, if you've been there 6 months, you will get half the raise you would have gotten had you been there a full year.

its funny because i when i got my first interview last year, i was a late seasonl hire, and i got a 15 cent raise. how i got less now is just lolol

What a joke, the way I'm seeing it is if they only want to pay 2-6% increase then they should only be expecting me to increase the effort I put forth by 2-6%. That's fast fun and friendly on a budget for ya.

The scale they use for raises was nearly halved this year.
Do you happen to know exactly what the merit percentages are this year?
If I remember right, for my first review (2011) it was:
O=6.5%
EX=4%
E=2.5%
IE=1%
U=0%

Then the next 2 years it was:
O=6.5%
EX=4.5%
E=3.5%
IE=1.5%
U=0%

Not that I have to worry about it since I'm no longer with Spot but I was just curious.

I was only reviewed for a month and I got an 8 cent raise. These small cent raises don't matter when the government is bending us over and taking a lot from our checks :(

Do most people just get an E? If you got a U, wouldn't they just fire you?
I got E's for all 3 of my reviews with spot. At my store, they started to give people automatic IEs if it was their first year using the excuse "they are new and definitely still learning" Also I do know of someone who got a U and their review was basically the ETL telling them why they were being fired.

Last edited:
If I get something below an E, I'm going to be pissed. Yeah, I know I'm new, but I get lots of Red Cards, I've never called out, and I've never been late.

What a joke, the way I'm seeing it is if they only want to pay 2-6% increase then they should only be expecting me to increase the effort I put forth by 2-6%. That's fast fun and friendly on a budget for ya.

Like my left wing friends like to say: "Minimum wage equals minimum work!"

Slippery slope, my friend. My motto at work, regardless of pay, "Can't have a CEO attitude with a minimum wage work ethic." I don't care if I earn 2$ or 200$ per hour, if I didn't do my absolute best, I'd be ashamed of myself.

The scale they use for raises was nearly halved this year.
Do you happen to know exactly what the merit percentages are this year?
If I remember right, for my first review (2011) it was:
O=6.5%
EX=4%
E=2.5%
IE=1%
U=0%

Then the next 2 years it was:
O=6.5%
EX=4.5%
E=3.5%
IE=1.5%
U=0%

Not that I have to worry about it since I'm no longer with Spot but I was just curious.

Turns out, I was wrong. Last year, it was 3.5% for an E. This year it's 2.5%.

If I get something below an E, I'm going to be pissed. Yeah, I know I'm new, but I get lots of Red Cards, I've never called out, and I've never been late.
Please don't be offended, but how does getting red cards (a requisite for your position) and showing up on time for the job you accepted qualify you to be exceptional or outstanding? I'm just really trying to get a feel for what tm's think is exceptional work.

I got an EX, which is a 4% increase. I'm not sure what the percentage was last year, but I know it must've gone down because I got an EX last year and I got a 50 cents raise as opposed to the 45 cents I got this year.

Please don't be offended, but how does getting red cards (a requisite for your position) and showing up on time for the job you accepted qualify you to be exceptional or outstanding? I'm just really trying to get a feel for what tm's think is exceptional work.

Well, If I get anything below an "E", then that means I'm inconsistently effective or ineffective. I'm neither. I'm not asking for an Outstanding or Excellent. Read the post before commenting/criticizing.

Like my left wing friends like to say: "Minimum wage equals minimum work!"

Slippery slope, my friend. My motto at work, regardless of pay, "Can't have a CEO attitude with a minimum wage work ethic." I don't care if I earn 2$ or 200$ per hour, if I didn't do my absolute best, I'd be ashamed of myself.

Yet we should not give away more of our surplus labour.

Well, If I get anything below an "E", then that means I'm inconsistently effective or ineffective. I'm neither. I'm not asking for an Outstanding or Excellent. Read the post before commenting/criticizing.
I apologize. You're right. I have been reading a lot of posts by others that are the best tm's that Target has ever had and have worked for the company for anywhere from 3 months to a year and after a while they just fried my brain. I've been with the company for more than 13 years and I know that I still have opportunities.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I received no raise as I have capped out due to some great raises back in 06 and 07. I guess they get no more effort outta me.
LOL

I don't remember if I asked this before or not, but what happens if you DON'T get your review? I asked the TM giving the reviews about it and he said the last day is this Friday, which happens to be the only day I'm working oddly enough. I'm assuming this "last day" business is to make sure they give all the TM's reviews in a decent amount of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back