Archived I got a 13 cent raise today for my review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a joke, the way I'm seeing it is if they only want to pay 2-6% increase then they should only be expecting me to increase the effort I put forth by 2-6%. That's fast fun and friendly on a budget for ya.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I received no raise as I have capped out due to some great raises back in 06 and 07. I guess they get no more effort outta me.
LOL
You can just be a vegetable now. Be sure to blend in nicely with the produce, lol.

What a joke, the way I'm seeing it is if they only want to pay 2-6% increase then they should only be expecting me to increase the effort I put forth by 2-6%. That's fast fun and friendly on a budget for ya.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I received no raise as I have capped out due to some great raises back in 06 and 07. I guess they get no more effort outta me.
LOL
You can just be a vegetable now. Be sure to blend in nicely with the produce, lol.

Oh, believe me, I will totally veg out now. What incentive does that give me to not receive even a cost of living increase or something. Add to this that the gstl who gave me the review had NO idea why I received no raise. Really? No one thought I'd want to know why??? Dumbasses, all of them. This has really soured me on Target.
This happened to another TM back in 2012 and our HR back then had the TM coded as something else so she would receive a raise. :) Now, THAT, is being bold...before it's time. LOL

I got an IE for reference. My leaders also said they want me to train for in-stocks and salesfloor. After this raise, I don't think it's gonna happen. I don't even understand some of the scores.

My sister also works with me, we have the same shifts since we get the same ride. Yet she got an E or attendance while I got an IE. We never called out, and if one was late, then the other was. so what even

If I get something below an E, I'm going to be pissed. Yeah, I know I'm new, but I get lots of Red Cards, I've never called out, and I've never been late.
Please don't be offended, but how does getting red cards (a requisite for your position) and showing up on time for the job you accepted qualify you to be exceptional or outstanding? I'm just really trying to get a feel for what tm's think is exceptional work.

Well, If I get anything below an "E", then that means I'm inconsistently effective or ineffective. I'm neither. I'm not asking for an Outstanding or Excellent. Read the post before commenting/criticizing.

The way those things are written now IE can mean you meet and sometimes exceed standards. A few years ago they took the definition for E and changed to EI so they could down grade raises. Not that the rating you get will reflect your performance. What it will reflect is we had this much money for raises so we have to make the scores equal that So you could get an IE and be a fantasic team member. That is just the way Target is now.

I also work with a sibling, we are in different work centers and are both just TMs.

My first review was last week, I got a $0.24 raise. I was quite surprised, completely expected less. Will make no difference in my work ethic, still haven't been late or called out.

Maybe after a year i'll be able to afford new socks with my new found wealth.
Lol gonna be rich

For real though, target is a good place to get experience, but working there for years after years? No thanks, gonna find myself a real career. Huehue

Honesty. That's all anyone asks for. I shoot it straight to my TMs all year and even do mini - leadership statuses with them, so there's no shock in April. They know I fight for what's right, but I have no input on the raise.

I've gotten Os and EXs most of my time with Spot, except for getting an E two out of the last few years as a TL. What ticked me off this year was not only was my leadership, performance and planning much improved, but my numbers/metrics reflected that. Yet I was told, the numbers don't matter. In retail?! At Target?! Is this a joke?! I went off...firm but not too crazy...'cause I could've really snapped. I didn't expect an outstanding, but at least give me an EX again, not bump me down a notch. All they had to say was we overspent last year and had to roll everyone back.

I work today then not the rest of the week... i'm going out on a limb and say I'm not going to have a review. Maybe I'll be surprised tonight. Since I was forced on my GSTL, and I don't think there is any love there, I'm not expecting much. She did at least comment that she noticed me doing her dusting yesterday... and I did my normal keeping carts neat in the foyer until the CA came in (they drive my inner OCD thing nuts). But that might be the first nice thing she's ever said about me.

Oh well. Apparently she is having to take the demotion - the other one is more human if I can last that long.

I don't remember if I asked this before or not, but what happens if you DON'T get your review? I asked the TM giving the reviews about it and he said the last day is this Friday, which happens to be the only day I'm working oddly enough. I'm assuming this "last day" business is to make sure they give all the TM's reviews in a decent amount of time?

You still get your raise. My first year at Target, they never gave me my review and I still got a raise. The second year, they gave me my review after I received the raise.

The scale they use for raises was nearly halved this year.
Do you happen to know exactly what the merit percentages are this year?
If I remember right, for my first review (2011) it was:
O=6.5%
EX=4%
E=2.5%
IE=1%
U=0%

Then the next 2 years it was:
O=6.5%
EX=4.5%
E=3.5%
IE=1.5%
U=0%

Not that I have to worry about it since I'm no longer with Spot but I was just curious.

I got an E and only a 1.7% increase of $0.20, which I am told was prorated for 8 months - I got hired originally in September and got a promotion in late December.

I have been working with target since november. Will I even get a review??

I got an E, which I'm okay with because I don't kill myself like I used to and I sure as hell don't kiss ass.

There's a former coworker that quit a year ago and went to Walmart. I just got an email from him (after I had emailed him to tell him about my new job) and he had just gotten a $.50 raise. The highest I ever got in my (almost) 8 yrs hear was $.12 and that was last yrs review.

Honestly, I'd almost rather have no raise than a dime an hour. Which will work out well for me, because I expect to get no raise (multiple call-ins, one NCNS in 7 months). Ten cents would seem nicer as a one-time bonus of, what is that anyway? $150-200/YEAR?! Tops. So, roughly a week's pay.

Bet if they decided you could trade your raise for one week off paid at your average weekly rate, they would cut their raises by at least 60% without losing money. Probably more. And yet, workers would be more satisfied.

BUT: (and I'm counting on Commie to weigh in on this) That would be bad in the long run?

Honestly, I'd almost rather have no raise than a dime an hour. Which will work out well for me, because I expect to get no raise (multiple call-ins, one NCNS in 7 months). Ten cents would seem nicer as a one-time bonus of, what is that anyway? $150-200/YEAR?! Tops. So, roughly a week's pay.

Bet if they decided you could trade your raise for one week off paid at your average weekly rate, they would cut their raises by at least 60% without losing money. Probably more. And yet, workers would be more satisfied.

BUT: (and I'm counting on Commie to weigh in on this) That would be bad in the long run?

I think most people who have to pay their bills on a week to basis are going to want the raise.
But you are right in a way.
When Bush did a stimulus they sent out checks with big notes on them saying this is your stimulus check from the president.
Obama did a bigger stimulus but it was a small amount in every paycheck.
For the economy as a whole the second way is more effective.
People are more likely to spend it and it does more than the one time payment.

But people remember the one time check and only noticed the amount on their paycheck when it went away.
Then they screamed about how their taxes went up.
Uh, no they just went back to what you were supposed to be paying all along.

Last edited:

I actually juse did the math. Assuming I 40 hours a week, for 52 weeks(a year). That extra .13 cents would amount to 270.04$ before taxes. Of course, no one actually gets a solid 40 every week, and even less when you're just a TM so it's going to be a lot less. Probably around $90. In that case, I'd would of rather just had that amount added into my next check lol

I think most people who have to pay their bills on a week to basis are going to want the raise.
But you are right in a way.
When Bush did a stimulus they sent out checks with big notes on them saying this is your stimulus check from the president.
Obama did a bigger stimulus but it was a small amount in every paycheck.
For the economy as a whole the second way is more effective.
People are more likely to spend it and it does more than the one time payment.

But people remember the one time check and only noticed the amount on their paycheck when it went away.
Then they screamed about how their taxes went up.
Uh, no they just went back to what you were supposed to be paying all along.

thanks obama

Got a E this year.........even though 3/4 of my review had EXs and the rest E.

My TL told me it should have been a much better raise and didn't understand why it wasn't at least a E. No one in our store could receive a O unless the DTL approved it.

Yea because our DTL works with us everyday....

I got an E and a 0% raise. I know I'm not capped because I only make $10.50. Ah well, they can expect a 0% increase in effort from me in the future, less than that if you take into account inflation....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back