Archived I got a 13 cent raise today for my review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen a review... And my check didn't have any increase. I can assume I'm capped out, but my gstl doesn't really like me either. Who knows....

C'est la vie!

I haven't seen a review... And my check didn't have any increase. I can assume I'm capped out, but my gstl doesn't really like me either. Who knows....

C'est la vie!

Are you still in the pharmacy paygrade even though you're a cashier now? If so, that might be why.

How long do you have to work for Target before you are capped and won't get anymore raises?

How long do you have to work for Target before you are capped and won't get anymore raises?
There's no real solid numbers for every store on that. You're store's paygrade cap will be dependent on the district/market and will adjust depending on market changes. I recall when I was knocked down to pg7 a couple years back that my market cap was 13 dollars. The HR decided to make a quip that I had a 'long way to go' to reach that. Not exactly comforting words.

There's no real solid numbers for every store on that. You're store's paygrade cap will be dependent on the district/market and will adjust depending on market changes. I recall when I was knocked down to pg7 a couple years back that my market cap was 13 dollars. The HR decided to make a quip that I had a 'long way to go' to reach that. Not exactly comforting words.
Once very early in my years with target, i caught a glimpse of a document near the HR area in the TLO that looked like this:
pg3 $8.00-$10.40
pg5 $8.25-$10.70
pg7 $8.50-$11.05
pg9 $9.00-$11.70
pg11 $9.75-$12.65
pg13 $11.00-$14.30
pg15 $12.00-$15.60
So it would appear that the cap limit is (or was) 30% above base pay at my store. This was more than three years ago, and as NeoDarikona said, it will vary greatly from store to store depending on your area.
Being "capped" doesn't necessarily mean you won't get anymore raises however. The recent trend has been 3% for an O and 2% for an EX if your wage is over the "cap" number.

C'est la vie!

Are you still in the pharmacy paygrade even though you're a cashier now? If so, that might be why.
Yup. I was told I wouldn't drop either, so I'm waiting for that to happen and the excuses. I get expensive when hours become dollars.... And right now they can't even use me as backup in the pharmacy because they didn't let/have me trained on the new system. Their loss, I rock with system deployment and guest soothing!

I really need to job hunt, but there won't be anything here until the end of summer.

Back to the review, capped or not, it would be nice to have communication about it. Silly me right?

GSTL 1 tells me "something" (rarely), so a week later I mention it to GSTL2 when he mentions that "something" supposed to NOT being done.... he says he is getting tired of us getting bad information.

Example, apparently we are back to having to ask for a DL for alcohol purchases - we were able to just ask DOB and enter it. I only heard that thru the cashier grapevine - and i'm not comfortable ignoring it because it is bigger than the lack of communication. I don't need to lose my job over a stupid alcohol issue. Of course, my LODs/TLs are still just asking for DOB. I'm guessing they weren't at that huddle either.

This also means i'm beat up by a guest each shift over it..... yes, I get it, you are 60+, but I need it to go on - or you don't get your wine.....so stop whining.

I got an O every year for the first 10 years. I dropped to an EX the past 3 years. I was not surprised since management has changed each of the past 3 years. The 2-3 people that were given the O's that were allowed deserved them. I found it interesting that I was 1 point away each of those years.

I was curious if anyone was able to get "O"s anymore. The excuse I heard was that our store wasn't performing well enough, despite the fact that my department exceeded last year's sales.

I was told by my old STL last year that they are only allowed to give out 1-2 O's per store. Not that these reviews actually reflect job performance any way...

Was unexpectedly out last week, didn't get a review yet. I almost don't want to. I think there's more value for me in thinking I'm the only one in the store who escaped review than there is in any raise they'd offer me. But they'll probably review me, and make me feel worse about my life.

I was amused that, after a week and a half emergency leave, the only thing HR wanted was for me to complete the survey.

Maybe I'll get lucky and be the one guy who doesn't get a review. The one guy who slides under Spot's wires. The one guy who becomes Spot's Neo.

Red pill, please.

If Target offers me a raise, can I refuse it?

Maybe I ask that they donate it to a charity. Maybe I say that I'm worried the shareholders need my (estimating from this thread) .08/hr more than I do.

How do you think they'd react?

So I got an E (which the TL who actually gave me the review, not my ACTUAL TL, who left before he could give it to me) I'll paraphrase said was "Bullshit" in the most non-aggresive target way imaginable, but my raise was .25 as a Perishables Assistant (PG9) is this bad, or decent?

I got an E, .10 cents. They gave me my review on my last day as I had already given my notice. I was there since November so it was prorated. Not the worst raise Target ever gave me, which is sad.

First time in 11 yrs that I hadn't gotten a raise.
This past yr I took on 3 new workcenters, scrabbled for hrs, worked every weekend, stayed when asked, came in when asked, always came in early in case they needed me somewhere yet it apparently wasn't good enough to maintain an EX so I got nuthin'.

First time in 11 yrs that I hadn't gotten a raise.
This past yr I took on 3 new workcenters, scrabbled for hrs, worked every weekend, stayed when asked, came in when asked, always came in early in case they needed me somewhere yet it apparently wasn't good enough to maintain an EX so I got nuthin'.

That is just so wrong.

My old TL, who gave me my review, said that everyone gets an IE for their first year. Is this true? I got an IE and a 16 cent raise.

My old TL, who gave me my review, said that everyone gets an IE for their first year. Is this true? I got an IE and a 16 cent raise.

That's bullshit. I'm brand new and I got an Excellent, but I only got a 16 cent raise as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back