I guess I will never have my own set of keys for powered equipment...

UboatOfDeath

The time frame vs reality
Shift leaders: I want you to unload truck
Shift leader: can you take out the pallets of water
Me: I has no key
Shift leader: šŸ˜ 

Doesn't help that they don't show us how to use such equipment either, so like if they did lend me their keys I wouldn't be able to use a powered jack or pallet stacker...

Or if by chance they ask me to process everyone's cardboard they troll me hard with the baler having no key readily available.

šŸ¤·

Last edited:
My store used to be that way. Key control was King, the SD and ETLs had their own powered equipment keys (which was a waste in a lot of cases, most of them wouldnā€™t have known what to do with any type of powered equipment if it bit them in the ā€¦.foot), everyone else had to check them out. Such an incredible amount of time was wasted looking for keys it was unreal. Then all of a sudden after a management change TLs who were trained on powered equipment were issued their own keys. By the time I left they were passing out keys like candy, with instructions that if any visitors asked about the key control process no one was supposed to spill the beans. No happy medium whatsoever, either getting a key was like searching for the Holy Grail or they were everywhere like hail after a storm.
ASANTS, I guess, but I hope your store will train you on powered equipment and let you check out a key or get off your back.

My store used to be that way. Key control was King, the SD and ETLs had their own powered equipment keys (which was a waste in a lot of cases, most of them wouldnā€™t have known what to do with any type of powered equipment if it bit them in the ā€¦.foot), everyone else had to check them out. Such an incredible amount of time was wasted looking for keys it was unreal. Then all of a sudden after a management change TLs who were trained on powered equipment were issued their own keys. By the time I left they were passing out keys like candy, with instructions that if any visitors asked about the key control process no one was supposed to spill the beans. No happy medium whatsoever, either getting a key was like searching for the Holy Grail or they were everywhere like hail after a storm.
ASANTS, I guess, but I hope your store will train you on powered equipment and let you check out a key or get off your back.
Honestly I don't see it it changing anytime soon,the BS part about it is that they gave the keys to people who don't even unload or work in receiving/process cardboard...

Oh well, as long as I don't have to deal with market unloads or fill in for the receivers who call out very often...
I'm okay with this buffoonery

fwiw every key carrying leader is supposed to have a baler, compactor, and crown key in addition to their 1M and TD1 keys

Speaking of keys we have this mysterious third key on Target Mobiles magnet, we cant figure out what its for, I joke that its probably the store key. Hiding in plain sight!

Speaking of keys we have this mysterious third key on Target Mobiles magnet, we cant figure out what its for, I joke that its probably the store key. Hiding in plain sight!
Can you get me a picture? Cause mobiles mystery key goes to their phone locker. Which i entirely make sure to never touch so that if i iphone ever went missing i had nothing to do with it.

Doesn't help that they don't show us how to use such equipment either, so like if they did lend me their keys I wouldn't be able to use a powered jack or pallet stacker...

Or if by chance they ask me to process everyone's cardboard they troll me hard with the baler having no key readily available.

šŸ¤·
Ask your ap tl or pml. They may have an extra key.

Hard stop. Don't use any powered equipment without training. If you fuck up and break something, or hurt yourself/another person, you're going to be screwed over big time.

No baler key? Takes too long to find one? Cardboard sits. Asshole.
Sometimes cardboard sits there for so long, the shift leaders start asking team members to drop their pallets of cardboard inside one of the two available empty truck trailers...

Hard stop. Don't use any powered equipment without training. If you fuck up and break something, or hurt yourself/another person, you're going to be screwed over big time.
By training do you mean those target online trainings?

By training do you mean those target online trainings?
There are specific hands-on trainings that need to be done. It's been a while since I had to do them, but I think it is one for each type of powered equipment, one for the bailer and maybe one for the compactor. If I remember correctly, someone who is keyed in with a specific role has to sign you in and you have to sign off on some forms on the myDevice once you demonstrate a certain list of tasks for each piece of equipment.

Also, once you get trained, try asking your PML for keys. Mine is always ordering extra keys so he has them on hand to give to people that use the equipment regularly. The only one you may not be able to get is the baler. These were only provided to people in my store who regularly make a bale. But again, this is all an ASANTS situation.

Also, once you get trained, try asking your PML for keys. Mine is always ordering extra keys so he has them on hand to give to people that use the equipment regularly. The only one you may not be able to get is the baler. These were only provided to people in my store who regularly make a bale. But again, this is all an ASANTS situation.
I've done the bale numerous times myself, but they never trained me for that...
They never asked me to sign any forms or anything like that... They simply asked me to process cardboard and if the baler got full to bale it out...
Co workers who worked in receiving had to show me how to do it and all.

Idk my store is weird af

Last edited:
No baler key? Takes too long to find one? Cardboard sits. Asshole.
Definitely not recommending this, but back in the day our baler always had a key available for a while there. The overnight team turned the key to ā€œonā€ and broke it off in the lock. Not a great respecter of rules, our overnight teamā€¦

šŸ¤·
If it means I have to do it, take my key. Heres the training.

Back