I hate my SD's new rules.

ADMIN POLL - Do you believe this story?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There’s no such thing as bullying. Certain people deserve certain things.
Quite frankly, if what you've mentioned in previous posts is true, you don't deserve to be promoted to a team lead position. If you really were promoted, you should be grateful to still have a job and you shouldn't complain about the SD taking away the perks/benefits that you've mentioned.

Sounds like an amazing SD. When I was a POG TL, I always took break with my team in the breakroom. Just because you're a TL, it doesn't mean you're any better then anyone else. This SD gets that, and I applaud them. There is nothing worse then a leader who acts high and mighty.

True story or not doesn’t really matter-
the point is : it COULD be true, even partially true at some stores.

and nearly everyone agrees that “leaders” should NOT feel ‘privileged‘ to have extra breaks/special perks over anyone else on the team. we should be a TEAM, working TOGETHER for a common goal WITHOUT high school type CLIQUES separating us. Different positions may have different tasks and different difficulties but one is no better than the other.

This was all good thoughtful dialogue on how the culture within the store should make the members feel - included and appreciated for their contributions.

If any part of this is in any store I hope the SD would handle the situation in the same way - getting everyone on the same page with equal footing.

True story or not doesn’t really matter-
the point is : it COULD be true, even partially true at some stores.

and nearly everyone agrees that “leaders” should NOT feel ‘privileged‘ to have extra breaks/special perks over anyone else on the team. we should be a TEAM, working TOGETHER for a common goal WITHOUT high school type CLIQUES separating us. Different positions may have different tasks and different difficulties but one is no better than the other.

This was all good thoughtful dialogue on how the culture within the store should make the members feel - included and appreciated for their contributions.

If any part of this is in any store I hope the SD would handle the situation in the same way - getting everyone on the same page with equal footing.
It's not true. I'm 90% sure we are being bamboozled by the same person that is trolling this site under 4 different emails

It's not true. I'm 90% sure we are being bamboozled by the same person that is trolling this site under 4 different emails

If it's the one you're thinking of, they are different people.
It would almost be more interesting if they were the same person.

you're a department manager at a retail store...... this isn't some elitist popularity contest.... grow up. you're going to get pushed out really quick with that attitude.

My store has a new SD after our last one quit without notice roughly a month ago. Me and this new SD actually have a good relationship. We quickly formed a solid camaraderie and he ended up being the one to give me that final push into being promoted to a GMTL. This promotion was something that I'd been wanting for for a while and I'm glad to be in the role, but my SD has set some new rules regarding how TL's interact with one another and I'm not the least bit happy about it.

Just a few days after I was officially promoted, my SD called a meeting for all leaders on duty. He basically told us that all of the TL's (not ETL's) were "living in a bubble" and that we were coming off as "an elitist club with no regard for TM's". He suddently starts laying out these new changes, one of which are that he's doing away with the room that serves as the TL offices. He says that the room is being turned into a second fixture room and that the TL's all have to start taking their breaks in the break room with the rest of the TM's.

What's more is that TL's aren't allowed to buy each other food anymore, nor are we allowed to purchase treats exclusively for TL's. We have a Style TL who'll bring in doughnuts every Friday and us TL's would sit in clerical eating our doughnuts. These doughnuts are exclusively for TL's, but our SD has told us that that's not happening anymore. Two TL's aren't allowed to pick up lunch for one another on their breaks and we're only allowed to bring in snacks and treats if it's enough to supply all TM's in the break room. I would occasionally go out to get Starbucks for me and some other leaders, but I'm apparently not allowed to do that anymore.

Our SD has gotten rid of the perks that I was most looking forward to as a TL in the first place. I hate having my breaks with the rest of the normie TM's and I think that us TL's should be allowed to treat ourselves given how much hard work that we have to put in. Is our SD actually allowed to be doing this? Is there some type of ethics violation going on here that our DD should know about?
Team-Connections are how you win. People work for people.
I talk to all my team members like we're on the same level; I keep it honest and straightforward.
And when the time comes, I need my team to work extra hours or come in on an off day they always say yes.
Being the "cool" leader is sometimes what will make you the "best" leader in the eyes of the team. They'll want to work for you because they know you'd do the same for them.

Back