Archived I have a new question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted I've seen this done in stores, but just schedule them as such.. Don't hurt payroll by schedule an hourly tm for 10pm-6:45am if the Tm is working 10pm-8:30am!! This is also for Leadership as well (I.E. TL's and SRTL's). You have say 30 plus people working a shift, 2-3 of them TL's. Granted the TL's already got the guaranteed hours, but the hourly team member staying past schedule, 7 days a week, added to the TL's and SRTL's staying past schedule, guess what? You have "Joe SmO" tm with 1 scheduled shift or some TL's with ZERO tm's to help there workcenter. @Rock Lobster, @Hardlinesmaster, @glo, true or nah??
Flow goes home as scheduled. Back stock sits for days in certain areas. TL's & srtl's have limited staff or no staff during the day. My store zone & new pogs resets look very bad. I went to another store & saw the same thing.
I did ask my stl about store payroll/projections, their numbers were on track. Then, my dtl told my stl to cut everything 20%:(. No fun. We are losing a lot of long time tm's, because of it.

We work quickly. And on an average day with say... 1,800 piece truck at our best can take us 5 - 5 1/2 hours
How many people do you have working flow on an average day? Because that seems like a long time for the truck size.

Towards the end of last year and beginning of this year, before we started E2E, the flow TL at my store had turned the flow team into a very efficient machine. An 1800 piece truck would be done in 3 hours. TMs who worked hard to help accomplish that goal were given hours in other workcenters to make up for only being scheduled 3-4 hours on Flow.

Flow goes home as scheduled. Back stock sits for days in certain areas. TL's & srtl's have limited staff or no staff during the day. My store zone & new pogs resets look very bad. I went to another store & saw the same thing.
I did ask my stl about store payroll/projections, their numbers were on track. Then, my dtl told my stl to cut everything 20%:(. No fun. We are losing a lot of long time tm's, because of it.
We must be in the same district.

And see, our store is the best in our district. We are in constant movement. We work quickly. And on an average day with say... 1,800 piece truck at our best can take us 5 - 5 1/2 hours. We are all scheduled for 4 and usually finish before we need to take a lunch. The bane of HBA is repacks and those definitely don't take a minute to do. They take at least 5 minutes but they're calculated as a 1 minute box.

You are correct about those and 5min is being generous with those cause guess what I end up doing most Saturdays instead of my own job? Yeah all the HBA/Cosmetics break out and push.. It's a bitch and I love the girl who normally does those during the week, she is a saint. But some of the people who push them during the week? I would love to tie them to an ant hill.. Yes you are given equipment to make sure that the black mascara you have is the right black mascara.. They keep saying they don't need equipment but you need it! To clarify the small differences in black mascara.. Using mascara as an example.. I wear mascara and have to double and triple read the package to make sure I am buying the right one. And the full three tier cart of BS I pull out every Saturday that is mis-pushed proves my point.. But they are so fast, yeah you missed the fact for the first four hours they were here they moved slower than I do when my back is acting up.. It's slow..

Last edited:
My favorites are the ones who have the myDevice scanners on their belt and refuse to scan the item to see not only where the item goes but if there are multiple locations and how many go in each.

Yep why the guy who does the chem backstock always calls me to go through the tubs and then he shoves what I pull out back on the line to get repushed. It's a win win for both of us, he has to back stock less and I have to pull less crap.

How many people do you have working flow on an average day? Because that seems like a long time for the truck size.

Towards the end of last year and beginning of this year, before we started E2E, the flow TL at my store had turned the flow team into a very efficient machine. An 1800 piece truck would be done in 3 hours. TMs who worked hard to help accomplish that goal were given hours in other workcenters to make up for only being scheduled 3-4 hours on Flow.

We roughly have 19 people on our hardlines flow team, myself included. We don't necessarily count softlines flow team because they come in MUCH later than us. About 4:00 am 12 of the team members clock in. 9 team members actually work the line out of that. They're roughly done between 30 minutes to an hour depending on the truck. The rest of us clock in at 4:30 am.

HBA has 3 team members who work it. They all come in at 4:30. Myself included.
Chemicals doesn't start until truck is unloaded and they have 1 to 3 team members depending on how bad other areas are.
Pets has 1 team member who comes in at 4:00.
Paper get's done as soon as unload is done by 1 person.
Stationary has 2 team members. 1 comes in at 4:00.
Kitchen/Small appliances has 1 person who doesn't start working it until after truck is unloaded.
Electronics doesn't get started until truck is unloaded and that's done by 1 person.
Baby has 1 team member that works in and they come in at 4:30.
Home/Bulk Plastic get's done when those in chemicals have finished that area.
Toys get's done by whoever has finished their area can get to it.
Seasonal lately they've been sending a couple people back to work it at 4:30 like myself and we'll be there for the entire shift which means other areas are lacking.
Misc Repacks one team member works these and they're usually very heavy. If we ever have extra time we all take one and work them though to wrap up the truck. I don't really know what happens to them if they're heavy and send us off though. I always just assume the TL takes care of it.

My favorites are the ones who have the myDevice scanners on their belt and refuse to scan the item to see not only where the item goes but if there are multiple locations and how many go in each.

Only Electronics, stationary, and our repack lady get MyDevices.
The majority of us just have to play it by memory and we're never really sure whether or not we have secondary locations throughout the store. I just keep hoping one day they start giving each work center a MyDevice to share or at the very least mention "Hey, there's a second location for "insert product name here" now so be sure to check it."

Here is the label:

Nope doesn't work. I have dropped case packs in front of the end caps they go to. Flow TM walks up picks up box walks to the location on the box. Ask them what they are doing, I get told pushing to the location on the box. I ask what that * means. "I don't know" is the prevailing answer. Or my personal favorite you move the box from one valley to the next one over and drop them in front of the 4ft section they go to(dual locations with *). You come back a bit later where you dropped them empty and the home location over pushed like a mofo.. "I couldn't find the location so I just pushed it to the home."

They don't read anything beyond the location printed on the box, no DCPI no descriptions nothing location and push it all to that location. move on the next box.

@Bosch, that happens at my store too. But, at least I did try.

I keep being told its part of their job and when left empty I get yelled at and have to fill it. I am sorry when its front of you, you should be able to read the DCPI cause you keep claiming you don't need equipment to push properly. Why do you miss the location the product was bowled in front of?

You don't answer calls, you don't help guests, you hardly clean up after you push it took a solid month to get you to stop leaving piles of boxes on the floor when you move the next valley and you claim you don't need equipment so what the fuck do you do?

Just a quick question regarding the flow team and scheduling. Mainly scheduling.

I was told I was obligated to stay and finish truck. Granted this wasn't the first time I was told this and I never made a big stink about it. I had already stayed half an hour past my shift when my lead told me I would receive counseling for leaving before the truck was complete. And other day I stay. I was off yesterday but still came in when asked. BUT I do carpool and this is a well-known fact among management and this is the first time it has ever been a problem. No warnings as to when it became a problem since I always leave well after my quitting time to get the truck done. There was also a threat to taking me off the schedule. It was just all so very sudden but my main question to you lovely lot is, "Can they take disciplinary actions on someone who leaves after their scheduled time and can't stay later due to their own personal matter?"
Every store is different on finishing trucks. Go to your ETL and HR. Get clarification on your end of shift time vs finishing the truck. And let them know of your carpooling arrangement.

Hi! I'm just curious about a few things.. so hours should be allocated to these end to end teams? Are they taking them back and giving you the hours? If not, of course your not finishing your truck. Secondly, they absolutely cannot give you counseling for leaving on time.. they can coach you for staying past your shift... as long as you let your TL and LOD know you are leaving and it's your scheduled time there is nothing they can do. If going to HR doesn't work I would call the hotline.
We have heard of the dreaded End to End. From what we hear two local stores are trying it and it's not working for them. And they're the more inefficient ones. They've essentially told us they're not going to introduce it to us until they can make the system work for the other two stores. So we may not ever see that method depending on whether or not they ever figure it out.

HR and my TL are well aware that I carpool and this is the first time it has ever been a problem. As far as HR is concerned they're surprised we stay past our scheduled time. According to them we're suppose to leave at the end of our scheduled shift. But everyone else (aka my TL, the manager, etc) still keep us around despite this information. I typically don't complain about the extra hours and if it means pushing less on the next day then great. But there are a lot of mixed messages lately.

However I very rarely push to leave before the truck is done and in my personal opinion I don't feel it's warranted a counseling since 95% of the time I stay until the truck is done. I'm never asked to do this. I just do it. Part of the reason being we're expected to at this point by the TL and the other I usually can use the pay. Admittedly, the flow team is close and I actually feel bad leaving anyone with any extra work too. So we work it together. As a team. And we get it done.

HR and my TL are well aware that I carpool and this is the first time it has ever been a problem. As far as HR is concerned they're surprised we stay past our scheduled time. According to them we're suppose to leave at the end of our scheduled shift. But everyone else (aka my TL, the manager, etc) still keep us around despite this information. I typically don't complain about the extra hours and if it means pushing less on the next day then great. But there are a lot of mixed messages lately.

However I very rarely push to leave before the truck is done and in my personal opinion I don't feel it's warranted a counseling since 95% of the time I stay until the truck is done. I'm never asked to do this. I just do it. Part of the reason being we're expected to at this point by the TL and the other I usually can use the pay. Admittedly, the flow team is close and I actually feel bad leaving anyone with any extra work too. So we work it together. As a team. And we get it done.

HR is lying to you if they think you guys leave on time. They know cause they see the reports of people that stayed beyond their shift and how much payroll they ran over by..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back