Archived I have the interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,

I'm currently being interviewed for multiple STL positions for an internal promotion and relocation. It's been a weird and long process, but I have received multiple interview offers and they start as early as Monday - these are still first round phone interviews.

However, are there are current ETLs that work with team member leadership development or STLs that would be willing to lend a helping hand with some advice or even questions to be prepared for the interviews? I've been reading every single thing I can on workbench and leadership goals, I've ran mock interviews with my HRBP and other ETLs but for some reason I still feel incredibly nervous about these interviews.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Interview process is always a weird thing. Almost everyone goes in feeling nervous no matter how well you're prepared before hand. One thing I learned from our remodel ETL when I went for my VML interview was that no matter how much you prepare you just have to be yourself. If you go in too scripted you can give the feeling of it being robotic. I'm not saying I know what the STL interview stuff is like because I haven't been there and probably won't for awhile still since I am still in college but one thing I have always felt was important was to go in clear, concise and being yourself.

Interview process is always a weird thing. Almost everyone goes in feeling nervous no matter how well you're prepared before hand. One thing I learned from our remodel ETL when I went for my VML interview was that no matter how much you prepare you just have to be yourself. If you go in too scripted you can give the feeling of it being robotic. I'm not saying I know what the STL interview stuff is like because I haven't been there and probably won't for awhile still since I am still in college but one thing I have always felt was important was to go in clear, concise and being yourself.

Thanks! I have never been nervous for an interview until this one, I've been a district manager for other companies in the food service and fine dining industry and even those interviews didn't phase me. Being yourself seems like it's really hard to do over the phone, but of course I am going to give it my best. How do you like your VML position? We don't have one yet in the store I am currently in... Q4... ya know.

Thanks! I have never been nervous for an interview until this one, I've been a district manager for other companies in the food service and fine dining industry and even those interviews didn't phase me. Being yourself seems like it's really hard to do over the phone, but of course I am going to give it my best. How do you like your VML position? We don't have one yet in the store I am currently in... Q4... ya know.

I actually didn't get the position for the VML spot because they wanted someone who went to school specifically in that area. There's still another store in the area though that has the opening and they've been searching for another person but I am selfishly holding out hope they come back to me haha.

At two of the companies i have worked for, they do presentations as apart of there interviews for store managers. The applicants are given a business related issues and then have to present to a panel. Usually it's based around underperforming stores with negative comps and low margin, staffing issues with low moral, and broken processes and operations.

I would suggest researching the store you are applying for and see what needs to be focused on, have a 30/60/90 day business plan ready to speak to. I've only interviewed for assistant positions, but i bring a business portfolio as my resume, it's usually 10 pages long.

K man, you are too f ricking cute!! No one has looked better in a kilt since Ax l Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back