• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barcode

Just thought I'd make a thread about how awesome it is having 2 ipads at guest service.... Even when I'm not price matching, they are so frigging useful to have! Today I had a guest come in with a receipt for a 15" Laptop, and he thought his was the one that was in the ad (it wasn't). After a quick DPCI check with electronics I had both items loaded up on the Target App, and showed him why his was more expensive (different specs, etc.). Sure is nice being able to have the internet at our fingertips now :)

Our store has yet to receive ours.. is this supposed to be rolled out in EVERY Target? We are B volume so I would assume we'd at least get ONE.

They'll be pulled after the 16th, I'm sure. Ours was unavailable during the online black out dates and I guess will be gone after the 16th. If my ULV store, got one, then your store got one. It just never made it to guest services.

They'll be pulled after the 16th, I'm sure. Ours was unavailable during the online black out dates and I guess will be gone after the 16th. If my ULV store, got one, then your store got one. It just never made it to guest services.

This. Maybe it's hiding in your ETL-GE's office being used for who-knows-what.

I don't think that we got an iPad either.

Internet access is amazing. Registry kiosks work, but are really slow.

I hear the iPads will be reconfigured as LOD tablets.

I love our Ipad. I've used it for so many things other than price matching. Our ETL-GE said we are going to keep one of them up at GS and i'm not sure what is being done with the other one.

You can ck dpci's thru your smart device using target mobile app.
Here is other link about 2 iPads:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/3351

we are absolutely not allowed to have any phones on the floor. It's an automatic coaching the first two times and a CA the third time. I wish we could though because I love using the iPad for guest service and even when i'm shopping for myself and can't find what i need at the store I'm at.

i am using an ipod touch. i did show my etl-hr the benefits of using it to help guests & explain how to use w/dpci's, etc without a pda. once he started using it & explain how can be used to the other etl's. now we have a few extra pda's available...

it does say in table talkers, that we should tell the guest about the wifi thing at spot. why not show them?

they better let us keep at least one of those (we were lucky to get 2)... that or let me use my android ;)

I love the whole 'no phones on the floor' thing. It's the most delightful hypocrisy tool ever.
TLs and LODs can use theirs no problem. Usually for personal ****. I use mine for help in entertainment with a guest, and BOOM.

Also, the hell with being completely unreachable for a full day when I have family members with health issues. It's called vibrate mode you asshats, try it sometime.

Internet access is amazing. Registry kiosks work, but are really slow.

I hear the iPads will be reconfigured as LOD tablets.

Heard this too, I also heard the the LOD's are going to be getting Iphones in place of carrying LPDA's for alerts and such. We'll see though. Rumors and Rumors until we see it actually rolled out to stores.

Heard this too, I also heard the the LOD's are going to be getting Iphones in place of carrying LPDA's for alerts and such. We'll see though. Rumors and Rumors until we see it actually rolled out to stores.

Even if that does happen, that extra LPDA will still disappear.

Not even the TL's or ETL's are allowed to have their phones on them. We have a TL who's wife is dying of cancer and he is the only one that is allowed to have his cell phone on him to receive texts from the hospice company when she's having a rough time. Right now she's doing really well so he doesn't carry her phone but otherwise no one else is allowed to. I can honestly say I have never seen a ETL use their phone on the floor. It's our STL's number one rule that he is really picky about.

Not even the TL's or ETL's are allowed to have their phones on them. We have a TL who's wife is dying of cancer and he is the only one that is allowed to have his cell phone on him to receive texts from the hospice company when she's having a rough time. Right now she's doing really well so he doesn't carry her phone but otherwise no one else is allowed to. I can honestly say I have never seen a ETL use their phone on the floor. It's our STL's number one rule that he is really picky about.

Wish my STL would be picky about this too, but he's the number one culprit.....ugh........ How do I hold someone accountable to not having a cellphone when my STL pulls out his phone during team leader meetings to check text messages......

that sounds frustrating. I would love to use my Iphone to help guests but that's just opening up a can of worms our store doesn't need. We very recently had to really crack down on people having them on the floor so now if you are caught with it you get one verbal warning and the next time it's an automatic coaching.
I had a cashier a couple of weeks ago that seriously pulled out his cell phone and answered it while he was checking someone out! I walked by and he was having a conversation about going to a party when he got off while he very slowly was ringing her up. The look on the guests face was priceless though! Needless to say, he no longer works there!

Back in electronics, i regularly use my phone--strictly the target app--to look up certain dpci's and let guests know that some items are only sold online. I also work with them to price match against the online price on target.com. When I use my phone, i make sure to angle the screen in the guest's direction, and show them my process, clearly using the target app, just like i show the PDA sometimes.

It's actually a great way to show/tell them we have wifi, and that the target app/target.com can show if we have an item in stock before they call/come in.

I'll be honest, it seems like compared to a lot of people around here i take liberties that others wouldn't. It's a judgement call, and ultimately, everything i do is for the guest's benefit. If some fresh-out-of-college sociology major wants me to stop using my phone on the floor to help guests in a fast-fun-friendly manner just because of policy then i am beyond words.

speaking of which, i still can't seem to figure out what HR does. I understand the job role, but it baffles me why they need 2 red shirt HR and 2 (benefits related?) people in a LV store like mine. It seems like a lot of their day is spent zoning (not thorougly) and providing little incentive prizes for getting redcards

Back in electronics, i regularly use my phone--strictly the target app--to look up certain dpci's and let guests know that some items are only sold online. I also work with them to price match against the online price on target.com. When I use my phone, i make sure to angle the screen in the guest's direction, and show them my process, clearly using the target app, just like i show the PDA sometimes.

It's actually a great way to show/tell them we have wifi, and that the target app/target.com can show if we have an item in stock before they call/come in.

I'll be honest, it seems like compared to a lot of people around here i take liberties that others wouldn't. It's a judgement call, and ultimately, everything i do is for the guest's benefit. If some fresh-out-of-college sociology major wants me to stop using my phone on the floor to help guests in a fast-fun-friendly manner just because of policy then i am beyond words.

speaking of which, i still can't seem to figure out what HR does. I understand the job role, but it baffles me why they need 2 red shirt HR and 2 (benefits related?) people in a LV store like mine. It seems like a lot of their day is spent zoning (not thorougly) and providing little incentive prizes for getting redcards

Keep on going ! Don't worry about stuff outside your work center. Help the guests, always. Sales are more important, right now..

Re: phones on the floor, I understand why they have that rule, but my phone is faster than the PDA. I don't use it while working, but I've used it with the Target app while shopping before. We never have enough PDAs to go around, so sometimes I'll suggest using the app or mobile site to guests, but they don't all have smartphones so it's a pain in the ass.

I do the same thing to help guests back in electronics/mmb and it has resulted in many happy guests and sales! Once I even used my phone to call another store to put an item on hold for a guest since our electronics phone can't dial long distance, even if I get an outside line lol. Its about answers and giving amazing guest service in my eyes.

I do the same thing to help guests back in electronics/mmb and it has resulted in many happy guests and sales! Once I even used my phone to call another store to put an item on hold for a guest since our electronics phone can't dial long distance, even if I get an outside line lol. Its about answers and giving amazing guest service in my eyes.

Way to Vibe it up!

My store is very lax about the phone rule. I often use my iPhone to help guests. My Sr.TL-GE even gave everyone the green light to use their smartphone if the iPad is not available at the time. Our rule is no texting, phone calls, etc... Basically we can use them if it is to help a guest.
Many of our ETLs use their phones on the floor. One of our ETL's wears her iPhone 4 on a belt clip and uses it often.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back