• Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lovelyz

Troll warning
EVERYDAY A CUSTOMERS ASK ME IF I CAN HELP FIND SOMETHING. I REALIZED THAT I CAN'T HELP THEM FIND ANYTHING WITHOUT MY PDA. I TRYING TO MEMORIZE EVERYTHING IN THE STORE BUT I CANT. ANY TIPS?? I FEEL LIKE I LOOK SO SOTUPID BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER IS PROBABLY THINKING "WTF THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE ANYTHING IS AT" "WHY IS THIS DUDE USING THIS IPHONE LOOKING RED THING" "WTF" ... AND THEY ARE STANDING WAITING FOR ME TO WHAT ISLE THE ITEM IS IN, ONLY TO HAVE IT BE LIKE RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACE. WHEN THIS HAPPENS TO ME, TWO THINGS HAPPEN.

A ) THE CUSTOMER GOES "NO!" "NEVERMIND I WILL JUST LOOK FOR IT MYSELF UGH!"

OR B

B) "I WILL ASK SOMEONE ELSE"

OR C

C) THEY PATIENTLLY WAIT

HOW CAN I MEMORIZE EVERY ITEM IN THE STORE IT'S SO HARD. I DON'T KNOW HOW MY LODS KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS. I JUST DON'T LIKE SEEING THE LOOK ON THE CUSTOMERS FACE OR HAVE THEM MAKING NOISES LIKE "UGH," "SIGH..." AND STOMPING THEIR FREAKING FOOT, WHILE I AM LOOKING UP A ITEM

Don't worry about it too much right now. You're new. Learning where everything is at comes with time. For now use your PDA and walkie to get help. For the most part, most everything is in a department that makes sense. There's a few aisles that you should learn right now: lightbulbs, batteries, paper towels/toilet paper, and coffee.

Most of the time you won't know the answers to where things are until you've had to show someone where that thing is before (or you've had to show someone where something similar to that item is)

....or until you've had a day where all that you pulled from your batches was stuff in the baking isle

You'll get there eventually! If you care enough to post here about that I think you'll learn quickly.

Over time you will memory where things go. Especially pushing reshop or calves.

It happens to everyone at some point to not know where things are. To this day sometimes I have to walkie someone to ask where something is.

First know where the departments are, then start focusing on aisles per department. It's going to take repetition. One TM knew where every single item in HBA was, why? She's been pushing HBA for 15 years. I was an ETL-Log so I got to know the sales floor locations fast. Once you push every day you start to memorize the store and locations. Repetition. My TLs even knew second locations because each year is almost exactly the same.

Also remember that aisles change all the time. You may know exactly where an item is but now the aisle could be facing a different way than it was yesterday. Take your time, help push CAFS, and explore the floor. Don't be afraid of not having the correct answer. It's always rewarding to help a Guest but we can't please them all. You'll get there.

Pushing CAFs helps, but I think reshop has been a bigger help for me when learning the store. Something about restocking those miscellaneous items that people dump here and there seems to help locations stick in my brain.

My favorite guests are the ones that give you a very poor description of what they're looking for, and expect you to know what it is. "Where do you keep those screens you keep under the sink?" Um...do you know what it's actually called, or...??

If you don't know what the item is just have the guest describe it. Then you can get a general description or an idea aisle it may be on.

Pushing CAFs helps, but I think reshop has been a bigger help for me when learning the store. Something about restocking those miscellaneous items that people dump here and there seems to help locations stick in my brain.

My favorite guests are the ones that give you a very poor description of what they're looking for, and expect you to know what it is. "Where do you keep those screens you keep under the sink?" Um...do you know what it's actually called, or...??
or nah? Lol.

I started on the Flow team, stocking the entire store helps you learn pretty quickly where things are. Pushing autofills or CAFs helps quite a bit as well.

I've had a couple guests get irate with me, but who cares? :p

Use your PDA/MyDevice to search for the item or ask on the walkie for help. If you find a location, walk with the guest to the aisle so you'll remember it in the future (for some people, visuals are easier to remember than just aisle numbers). The more time you spend on the sales floor, the better you'll know where things are. Until then, don't get stressed out about it; just use the tools you have at your disposal.

Accept that you will never know where everything is, you just can't.
The trick is when a customer asks you where something is you need to have to seem to confident in you ability to find it for them.
Don't say "I don't know.", say something like "Let me see what I can do for you."

Keep upbeat and confident even if you have no idea what they are looking for, getting flustered is just going to make it worse.
Yes, some people are jerks and will walk off before you can help but they are not the majority.

EVERYDAY A CUSTOMERS ASK ME IF I CAN HELP FIND SOMETHING. I REALIZED THAT I CAN'T HELP THEM FIND ANYTHING WITHOUT MY PDA. I TRYING TO MEMORIZE EVERYTHING IN THE STORE BUT I CANT. ANY TIPS?? I FEEL LIKE I LOOK SO SOTUPID BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER IS PROBABLY THINKING "WTF THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE ANYTHING IS AT" "WHY IS THIS DUDE USING THIS IPHONE LOOKING RED THING" "WTF" ... AND THEY ARE STANDING WAITING FOR ME TO WHAT ISLE THE ITEM IS IN, ONLY TO HAVE IT BE LIKE RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACE. WHEN THIS HAPPENS TO ME, TWO THINGS HAPPEN.

A ) THE CUSTOMER GOES "NO!" "NEVERMIND I WILL JUST LOOK FOR IT MYSELF UGH!"

OR B

B) "I WILL ASK SOMEONE ELSE"

OR C

C) THEY PATIENTLLY WAIT

HOW CAN I MEMORIZE EVERY ITEM IN THE STORE IT'S SO HARD. I DON'T KNOW HOW MY LODS KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS. I JUST DON'T LIKE SEEING THE LOOK ON THE CUSTOMERS FACE OR HAVE THEM MAKING NOISES LIKE "UGH," "SIGH..." AND STOMPING THEIR FREAKING FOOT, WHILE I AM LOOKING UP A ITEM
First off if you use all caps it looks like you are yelling. (not trying to be hostile I am just pointing out what could be taken as rude). Anyways... Just use your PDA to do a product search and walkie to ask if anyone knows where (insert item) is. I personally come to work a little early each day just so I have an idea where product is located... it works pretty well until there is a massive change. You should be able to have it memorized pretty well in 2 months or so. :)

I personally, don't know the aisles of specific items, but I can walk a guest to the correct Aisle/item. I kinda work in reverse I guess.

I personally, don't know the aisles of specific items, but I can walk a guest to the correct Aisle/item. I kinda work in reverse I guess.
That's pretty much how I do it. I walk to the general area and start looking down aisles/reading the signs.

Shopkick gives you points for walking jnto Target and for scanning merch witj your phone. Use the second feature for two weeks post shift and you'll have the place down cold and earned a gift card doing it.

/not an ad, worked for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back