Archived I need help! too late??

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I recently viewed my benefits for 2018. it says I was enrolled as a smoker and they are been taking $0.22 out of each of my paychecks, when i don't even smoke. is it too late to fix that? especially because I know they charge higher insurance when you are a smoker, which I am not.

so I recently viewed my benefits for 2018. it says I was enrolled as a smoker and they are been taking $0.22 out of each of my paychecks, when i don't even smoke. is it too late to fix that? especially because I know they charge higher insurance when you are a smoker, which I am not.
Change it and hope it takes effect ASAP. I thought that was something you could change whenever, provided you “have not used tobacco products in the past 6 months”.

Change it and hope it takes effect ASAP. I thought that was something you could change whenever, provided you “have not used tobacco products in the past 6 months”.
I did try to fix it on the site and it wouldn't let me. maybe i'm doing it wrong??

You could call hroc and see if they can do it, lol whenever there’s a weird HR issue and the ETL isn’t in we just give them one of those cards; hell lol when TMs go to the ETL HR he usually sends them to his team member to get the number to call 😂

You could call hroc and see if they can do it, lol whenever there’s a weird HR issue and the ETL isn’t in we just give them one of those cards; hell lol when TMs go to the ETL HR he usually sends them to his team member to get the number to call 😂
my ETL HR is slightly clueless. i've had a few issues and he doesn't seem to know how to fix any of them or know how to direct me to someone who can help me

That’s all you pay? They take 15$ out of mine every paycheck. It’s to late and you have to prove you are not a smoker by taking tests

why would it be too late? i'm not a smoker and from what my hr tm said, it automatically enrolls team members in it. I shouldnt have to pay for it when i'm not a smoker. I don't want my insurance to go up just because target enrolled me in something.

Policy runs to April 1st so you MIGHT be able to get them to drop it for the last 3 months but they'll ask why you didn't address it sooner, by calling HROC directly.
You won't be able to recoup past deductions, tho.
At this point re-enrollment will be starting soon so you'll want to be more vigilant this time.

i'm not so much worried about getting paid for the amount they've taken already. more worried about my health insurance being expensive due to this, on targets part.

They make it pretty clear that it defaults to smoker unless you change it. I'm glad this worked out for you but I can't say how many times I've stressed this in huddles and then had to members run up to me crying bloody murder
they didn't say anything at my store about it. but then again, my store has the worst communication skills ever. my leadership is help in guiding team members so maybe that's why.

they didn't say anything at my store about it. but then again, my store has the worst communication skills ever. my leadership is help in guiding team members so maybe that's why.

I hear you but even in the benefits package it tells you that you have to change your smoking status

to be clear-- if I am not using target health insurance, I don't have to worry about this?

I don't have health insurance; in my benefits the surcharge is listed under my Long-Term Disability benefits. I didn't enroll in that either. Guess I'll be calling tomorrow.

update : I called, they fixed it and I will be refunded for what they've taken out in a few check cycles.
One must watch their paychecks very carefully as I know for FACT that many status changes occur "all by themselves" . HR claims to have no idea how these things just happen. They can range from benefits to tax status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back