Archived I need help!! What do I do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work as a Starbucks team member (sort of new) and yesterday I scanned some Starbucks gift cards but there were complications since it was busy so she went to the Starbucks across the street. When I tried to void all the items the POS said “scan gift card to deactivate”! But I’d already given her all the gift cards (that she wanted reloaded) back and it was too late to call her! I thought about running out there but then I was like “wait the transaction wasn’t completed and payment didn’t go through so it should be fine”
But then I checked this morning and it seems like it’s activated once it’s scanned!!!

What do I do??? What should I have done?
Dx Will I be fired??

From your explanation it sounds like she was trying to scam you. What she didn’t realize is that cards aren’t reloaded until you pay. Unless she paid, the cards aren’t reloaded.

Lesson: NEVER let someone leave until the receipt prints (or at Starbucks, the transaction completes, since receipts don’t print there anymore). If you still have the option to void, transaction’s not done.

Totally agree with yetive, tell AP. you made a mistake, but unless I’m missing something, you didn’t cost the store any $ so you should be ok. In the future, suspend transaction or write down register number and time/date so AP can look into it with more detail.

Your AP will likely pull the EJ to see if the trans went thru &, if so, how it was charged & was it legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back