Archived i recently quit working at target

Status
Not open for further replies.
so recently i quit working at target cos i recently joined a course and i am not able to work on weekdays and i was away.. but im feeliing very bad i loved working there. does anyone think i have a second chance of getting hired again. i quit without informing anyone beforehand. :-( :-(

If you quit without giving notice there is a good chance that you've been marked as a nonhirable especially if there were any NCNS.

i informed that i was quitting the job, but they asked me to stay for 2 weeks, i was not able to do that.

That's a little different.
If you gave them notice but just couldn't give them the two weeks it's a grab bag.
It's going to depend on how popular you were and the the mood of the HRTM when they were filling out the paperwork.
The only way you would really know is to apply and see what happens.
It used to be you could have someone call, pretend to be a employer checking your referencesand have them ask but now they will only give out when you worked.

We've hired non-rehireable in the past so it's a possibility. Your chances will be higher when applying to the same store a year or more later, giving the current management a chance to get termed or move on.

It used to be you could have someone call, pretend to be a employer checking your referencesand have them ask but now they will only give out when you worked.

They don't even give out what positions you worked as?

So, on resumes and applications for other jobs I might as well just put down that I worked at Target as an ETL, since Target will neither confirm or deny my position?

So, on resumes and applications for other jobs I might as well just put down that I worked at Target as an ETL, since Target will neither confirm or deny my position?

I'm pretty sure the job position is on the very short list of things they will confirm.

I've been debating this too, tbh. I didn't work out my two weeks at my was-going-to-be second store. Just filled out my termination form and told them i wouldn't be able to work out my two weeks. I was still in extremely good standing with my last store when i left, though, so i'm trying to figure out if they'd rehire me or not.

If you can BS your way through explaining the business and management portion of Target then risk putting it down. Honestly you can risk putting any title from any company and hope they don't look into it. It's just risky to fluff a resume because you could get fired if they find out.

We would say two things about TMs when called to verify employment: verified they worked here and whether or not we would hire them again. Obviously if we knew the person and they were a non-rehire we would say no.

Sure...you can do that for any job...but you will lose your job if the new place ever finds out you lied. And if they get bored or need to find a way to cut payroll, companies have been known to go over resumes/applications years later to find reasons to can people.

does anyone know if il get a job in other target stores after being unhireable?

so recently i quit working at target cos i recently joined a course and i am not able to work on weekdays and i was away.. but im feeliing very bad i loved working there. does anyone think i have a second chance of getting hired again. i quit without informing anyone beforehand. :-( :-(

My advice to you would be to physically return to the store & 'bump into' the HR ETL &/or any ETLs that liked you & tell them how much you regret leaving & would really, really like another chance. You just might impress them with your plea for another chance and the worst that can happen is that they tell you it is impossible.

At least you'll know how long you have to wait to apply again or whether you can ever be hired again.

Well, as we all know Spot doesn't always play by the rules....a few years a guy who had been on the flow team came in and applied for a seasonal job. (He just stopped coming to work so they termed him for job abandonment . ...when he did come to work he was sorry as hell) Since we had a new HR and a new Log Etl ( different than when he was termed) they rehired him....it wasn't until pretty much the whole flow team literally stood outside the Hr etls office and one by one told her how they felt it was nt right etc....then one by one...they went to the etl log. So, they told the guy he couldn't come back and they had made a mistake by not checking records etc. So, it all depends on the Hr and the etls...its not like they don't bend the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back