Archived I think my Target is trying to get me to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I'm on LOA at this point. I call back to get off LOA and get some hours. My ETL HR told me that there were no more hours for the upcoming week and told me to stay by my phone.

Well more than a week has passed, and I had still not heard from the store. So I called them up and talked to HR and one of the ETLs

First the HR lady says "I was told to call you if we had hours but we don't. We're not even hiring right now."
I was like "Ok, how do we start the process of transferring stores?" She told me I had to talk to the ETL who couldn't talk because, get this, she was doing an interview! She went on to tell me that they wouldn't have any hours for me until maybe (keyword - MAYBE) the week of July 5th. I came close to asking her "Why are you hiring more people then?" (I've been at Target for almost 2 years, I'm cross trained on the floor & cashiering)

I asked her about transferring stores - and she said that she would see if another store would take me, but she said "I don't think they are going to want to transfer an employee in for 2 months, but we'll try anyways. " (I'm a college student)

She then offers to put me on "on call" for when they need me. But there's no way I can pay for college working one shift a week for 5 hours"

So Yeah, I think they are trying to get me to quit, what do you think?

I would go in & look on ehr for jobs. Say hi to hr! Dress in r & k, just in case.they may have call outs.

Send a certified letter to the store confirming the end of your leave and reiterating your availability. Be sure to state the dates, times and who you spoke with. If after a week you have no hours, file an unemployment claim. This should loosen up some hours for you. If not, they really don't want you back.

I've actually done that twice @Hardlinesmaster - but I didn't look in eHR.

What really makes me mad though is the HR lady lied to me on the phone - "We're not even hiring right now" but the later say that an ETL is doing an interview.

I've actually done that twice @Hardlinesmaster - but I didn't look in eHR.

What really makes me mad though is the HR lady lied to me on the phone - "We're not even hiring right now" but the later say that an ETL is doing an interview.
Could be for an internal promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back