Answered I was let go due to attendance. How long do I have to wait to apply at another local Target?

I worked at Target for 11 months, loved it. Except I had attendance issue I was sick and I called in two and half hours after my shift ended because I slept due to being sick. so it was considered a no call no show which was my third one so I was let go I talked to them and was told I was put as rehire. I swore I was told wait couple months to reapply at a different Target. Does anyone know the correct amount of time to wait? Only job I have right now and fits well as it perfect for paying my child support and would like to go back asap. thank you for your help

Arg1

I wouldn't hire you knowing you kept calling out even for illness. It taints you forever as being the person who just couldn't go to the doctor to get better enough to quit missing work.
🤨I don't think you understand how getting sick works. Going to a doctor means just getting treatment for what symptoms you are experiencing and a note telling you to stay home from work for a few days. They can't bippitity, boppity, boo you all better. If anything, following your doctor's orders will result in you missing even more work. Also, aren't you making an awfully big assumption that they never sought medical treatment?

If you have a good work habit and gets your work done , I think it’s Ok to be rehired . But you have to be sure about not repeating the ncns ever again. If you feel sick, just give them a call atleast 2-3 hrs before the shift starts . No one will force you to come to work if you are sick.

I wouldn't hire you knowing you kept calling out even for illness. It taints you forever as being the person who just couldn't go to the doctor to get better enough to quit missing work.
🤨I don't think you understand how getting sick works. Going to a doctor means just getting treatment for what symptoms you are experiencing and a note telling you to stay home from work for a few days. They can't bippitity, boppity, boo you all better. If anything, following your doctor's orders will result in you missing even more work. Also, aren't you making an awfully big assumption that they never sought medical treatment?
Calling out sick is fine, but three NCNS is a troubling pattern.

Some people don't have insurance.

I don't hire ncns back. If you're too sick to wake up and call the store you belong on the hospital.
Not true. Even the common cold can have you barely conscious or in full blown delirium. While a NCNS is bad, ordinary illnesses can wallop you so hard that you don't even know what day it is, much less what time it is, and you find your alarm's been going off for hours because your sick brain put you in too deep a sleep, and you can't quite remember how to use a phone. Those are the illnesses the doctor says to sleep off.

Some people don't have insurance.

Not true. Even the common cold can have you barely conscious or in full blown delirium. While a NCNS is bad, ordinary illnesses can wallop you so hard that you don't even know what day it is, much less what time it is, and you find your alarm's been going off for hours because your sick brain put you in too deep a sleep, and you can't quite remember how to use a phone. Those are the illnesses the doctor says to sleep off.
Also, for all we know, any one of those ncns could have been because the schedule was changed without the team member's knowledge or because no one answered the phone when they did try to call out before their shift. It could also be that they gave their shift to another team member on the swap shift board that was approved but never changed in the system.

don’t listen to some of these assholes on here. who cares if you NCNS, especially if you were sick. you should just try and apply at another target and see what happens. you could possibly explain your situation during an interview. i know my store will listen to stories or explanations for stuff like this when hiring

don’t listen to some of these assholes on here. who cares if you NCNS, especially if you were sick. you should just try and apply at another target and see what happens. you could possibly explain your situation during an interview. i know my store will listen to stories or explanations for stuff like this when hiring
Spot don't forget NCNS. The op can to apply at another spot. They maybe listed as nonrehirable.
We are the Internet. See your other thread.

Yeah you have showing up issues. They aren't likely to hire you. Maybe you have a chance but I wouldn't hold my breath with the spot. Try looking elsewhere because attendance is big issue with the spot.

Spot don't forget NCNS. The op can to apply at another spot. They maybe listed as nonrehirable.
We are the Internet. See your other thread.
what about my other thread

I wouldn't rehire. I had one "NCNS". I was scheduled 8:00-2:00 or something similar. I somehow thought it said 2:00-8:00 or something along those lines. Don't remember the details, it was years ago, but basically misread or misremembered schedule, and showed up for work a the time I was supposed to be going home.

They didn't mark it as a NCNS, and just had me work the shift I thought I was coming in to work, but it happened once, in 4-5 years. 3 times in 11 months is far too frequent to be overlooked IMO.

Someone had a good point. Lately a lot of stores monkey around with the schedule after the schedule was printed and don't tell the TMs. Someone initially scheduled Mon, Wed, Thurs in some stores have been given a Tues shift, not told, and then nailed as a NCNS for missing Tues. Other stores don't have anyone enforcing answering the phones and people have been severely sick or other serious emergency, spend hours calling the store repeatedly and no one picks up. It's impossible to tell if the OP fell under these circumstances.

I'm from Houston, TX back in 2019 I lost my Job because I was on a bus line I had to catch two busses I was a week in the whole I had family members who refused to take me to work I was in disbelief that on my 90th day I was let go due to ncns I was angry it was my first Job and now that I have reliable transportation and I live 5 minutes away from Target I wonder will I get my Job back. I'm tired of moving from Job to Job I want to work at a place that I love and that's target I'm married and as a man I need to make living for my wife and kid.

I'm from Houston, TX back in 2019 I lost my Job because I was on a bus line I had to catch two busses I was a week in the whole I had family members who refused to take me to work I was in disbelief that on my 90th day I was let go due to ncns I was angry it was my first Job and now that I have reliable transportation and I live 5 minutes away from Target I wonder will I get my Job back. I'm tired of moving from Job to Job I want to work at a place that I love and that's target I'm married and as a man I need to make living for my wife and kid.
Spot won’t have hours in 1st quarter.

Good luck man, I hope you get the job.
There must be better ones out there though.
Right now everyone seems to be looking for good workers.

I worked at Target for 11 months, loved it. Except I had attendance issue I was sick and I called in two and half hours after my shift ended because I slept due to being sick. so it was considered a no call no show which was my third one so I was let go I talked to them and was told I was put as rehire. I swore I was told wait couple months to reapply at a different Target. Does anyone know the correct amount of time to wait? Only job I have right now and fits well as it perfect for paying my child support and would like to go back asap. thank you for your help

Arg1
Not sure why no one actually stopped to ask.

What were the other two NCNS for?

Not that it really matters - but if you have three NCNS across a disparate period (as in, not three in a row because you're sick or dying) then there's a good chance it's a you problem. Pretty rare occurrence to be in a situation where you can't call out three times.

Back