Archived IDs not swiping/scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flabbergasted

Ex-GSA
Anyone else unable to swipe/scan IDs at times, recently? Lately 4/5 times I will get a 30-second "Please Wait..." message and then nothing, so I've had to manually enter the birthdates. As my store is strict about swiping/scanning and using manual entry as a last resort, our STL has been riding cashiers' asses about it (even though it's not our fault).

Hoping this glitch gets fixed soon. Last week it was prompting us to check ID for bags of ice.

This has been happening for over a month at my store, seems swiping works more often than scanning, but neither method works very well.

It's led to guests gettings all sorts of awkward and asking if the issues are related to another security breach when they see me scanning their ID 5+ times.

Now when I swipe or scan an ID, about 50% of the time, I am prompted to enter the ID number. Weird, huh?

Could they be updating their computer systems to help sift-out fake ID's or something? Because I know you can buy fake's on the black market that scan and swipe like real ID's, but matching up the Drivers ID could be some kind of verification or deterrent?

Now when I swipe or scan an ID, about 50% of the time, I am prompted to enter the ID number. Weird, huh?

It's closer to 80% of the time for me, but yes, if I scan/swipe it to use it as a means of processing a return this happens, if I scan/swipe it as a means of age verification it instead goes to a blue screen that says please wait... and then acts as if I never scanned any ID afterwards.

Today I started just trying to scan once, and then typing in the ID afterwards if that fails, I got sick of wasting time trying 4-5+ times for every ID.

This has only happened to me when doing checks or returns (although it happens almost every time), never for items that ONLY require a birth date. Birth date items keep doing that "please wait" nonsense.

This, and back in electronics it's been asking for ID/Birthdate on E rated games. I know spot has occasionally screwed up in the past and done this- It's been happening a lot more lately. I wonder if they have the interns putting items into the database? :p

I got this while back-up cashing over the weekend. Of course, the new GSTL had no idea what the hell was going on.

What I noticed ( maybe it was only my store) scan the beer, etc,etc) and if the guest didn't have the license you keyed in the birthdate the GSTL, GSA had to punch in a override well now that doesn't happen,,,,,,, Is that new??

What I noticed ( maybe it was only my store) scan the beer, etc,etc) and if the guest didn't have the license you keyed in the birthdate the GSTL, GSA had to punch in a override well now that doesn't happen,,,,,,, Is that new??

New as of maybe six months ago or so?

For the last three months or so, I don't swipe or scan IDs. I just manually enter birthdates. ETL-GE said it was fine, we've just had too many issues trying to scan IDs.

This past weekend the system was prompting ID checks for ice, workbench fixed the error. We also had issues @ the service desk with swiping IDs through the scanner then having to manually type in the ID number. All that was fixed when I came in Tuesday mornin .

New as of maybe six months ago or so?

Further proof that communication sucks at my store. I asked a GSTL about it a few months ago, and she had no idea what I was talking about.

It they never mentioned it at my store. I just noticed the cashiers entering birth dates and not having to call for an override.

Some of our registers weren't letting us scan....my GSTL said that it probably is happening because there is work going on with "the system". So, I use the hand scanner and if it doesn't take I put the b'day date down right away.

I've noticed that the cash register prompts for more information when a guest is returning an item with their drivers' license....our GSTL said that this extra little step (manually entering the drivers' license is to help protect Target from people trying to use fake IDs.

My store is no longer having problems with IDs not scanning when you need a birthdate. Not sure about doing returns because I haven't been at guest service recently.

Some of our registers weren't letting us scan....my GSTL said that it probably is happening because there is work going on with "the system". So, I use the hand scanner and if it doesn't take I put the b'day date down right away.

I've noticed that the cash register prompts for more information when a guest is returning an item with their drivers' license....our GSTL said that this extra little step (manually entering the drivers' license is to help protect Target from people trying to use fake IDs.
Your GSTL was wrong. It was only doing that because it wasn't reading the IDs like it wasn't doing so at the lanes. But the issue seems to be fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back