Archived IGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not have IGS. We do have crabby gs employees.. It's like they are in their own private store, complain about cashiers who get trained (they do the training), yest want back-ups all the time when they have more then one guest on line.

Guessing UBM's store does more business than ours. Here if working the service desk I do all returns, all defects, and repackages, all sorting of reshop, etc. I also close the bins and box up the CRC and salvage and verify that all the CRC is there, depending on which GSA is working they will often have me take the salvage and CRC back to receiving as well and stack it on the pallets.

Like he mentioned though I do as well put the returns away between each order, if there's a lot of things that were returned and they need to be defected or have clearance tags applied though I may set them near the printers and wait till I have a short lull to finish putting the tags on them and putting them where they go afterwards.

All in all, I enjoy working at iGS, much more than on a checklane. It keeps you much, much, busier, but it makes the day pass faster and is less monotonous.

Guessing UBM's store does more business than ours. Here if working the service desk I do all returns, all defects, and repackages, all sorting of reshop, etc. I also close the bins and box up the CRC and salvage and verify that all the CRC is there, depending on which GSA is working they will often have me take the salvage and CRC back to receiving as well and stack it on the pallets.

Like he mentioned though I do as well put the returns away between each order, if there's a lot of things that were returned and they need to be defected or have clearance tags applied though I may set them near the printers and wait till I have a short lull to finish putting the tags on them and putting them where they go afterwards.

All in all, I enjoy working at iGS, much more than on a checklane. It keeps you much, much, busier, but it makes the day pass faster and is less monotonous.

Yeah, I do all the defects too, closing bins, etc. We tried to keep sorting reshop carts at first, but it just wouldn't work. So much other stuff to do. I still end up doing it a lot, or the GSA/GSTL will help with it, but it's less of my job now than it was before.

I still like Guest Service more than cashiering, even with IGS. When I cashier I struggle to find things to do sometimes. At the service desk there's always something you can find to do, even if it's sorting old paid and lefts or cleaning out crappy old cardboard boxes you won't use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back