Archived Illegal Posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodEar

Former team member
Something I saw in the hallway of the office area (where the ETL offices, TSMC, break room, training room are) that kind of bothers me. It's a list of team members who have been incident-free. It lists team members by period of five years with 15 being the max (the store is 27 years old, by the way). What I find alarming is that on the sheet it says it is confidential information and should not be posted any where in the store. I feel as though I should alert someone of this possible gaffe.

I agree. It tells you who has had incidents which I could see some people wanting to keep private. I'd talk to whichever ETL you think cares about that stuff. HR probably.

Its just pier pressure control - wouldn't you-all know this by now ?

Just like when they mention birthdays at the TWT meetings ---

I had to jump through hoops with HR - then the STL - just to keep my personal info - private --

Then only to have to explain it again to my boss -- why I cant be a team player like everybody else ----

I agree with the Birthdays at huddle. I had to plead with my HR not to mention or put my birthday on those tacky table talkers.

Whats sooooooo incredibly degrading or upsetting about people knowing your birthday? Is it really gonna kill you if your coworkers know?

And with regards to what OP has said. It sounds as if its just showing those who are incident FREE, not those who have had incidences. And I'm assuming its something to do with safety? Like safety incident free? Wouldn't it be a good thing to recognize those who have been safe and show them as an example employee to others?

Whatever... some people are just too damn sensitive about crap these days... suck it up and move on with life people...

You guys don't want to let your bday known to other people?

With me -- its more of a principle of the thing ---

Whats sooooooo incredibly degrading or upsetting about people knowing your birthday? Is it really gonna kill you if your coworkers know?

And with regards to what OP has said. It sounds as if its just showing those who are incident FREE, not those who have had incidences. And I'm assuming its something to do with safety? Like safety incident free? Wouldn't it be a good thing to recognize those who have been safe and show them as an example employee to others?

Whatever... some people are just too damn sensitive about crap these days... suck it up and move on with life people...

Well Mr. Perfect - some team members are just naturally klutzy and don't care for people branding them behind their backs -- "Don't trust him to get the box from the high shelf - he dropped one last month" --

"Hey ask Jane to go up the step stool - she fell of it the other day - this could be posted on YouTube" --

Granted - where all not perfect like you -- some of us are "Human" -- with feelings --

The team members in your store - who are out right dangerous - you could coach them on perfection - using your own standards --

And as far as - "just too damn sensitive about crap these days" - I agree with you 100 % ---- but that's their right to be touchy - as long as their not feely --

Last edited:
After tons of age-related 'jokes' & seeing shock from my cowrkers upon finding out how old I was, I learned to down-play my birthday. Only a few friends know & I prefer it that way.
The only time leadership made a big deal about a birthday was if it was among the popular clique, making my anonymnity even better.

My store did a similar thing. I didn't really like it mostly because I was left off of the list despite being incident free-- hmph! It was a "typo", but I didn't like it. Anyways, our team was professional about it... nobody made fun of anyone who had an incident. Either that or nobody really looked at it. Either way, eh!

Ok but the list actively points out those who ARE safe... The list doesn't specifically say (from what I can gather that the OP said) who ISN'T safe...

I'll try wording this a different way. The list doesn't say who is not safe, it says who is IS safe....

get it that time? I can maybe try and break it down Barney style for ya, but I think thats as simple as it gets lol.

And who cares about how old you are? Or if they know what your birthday is? geeze you are WAYYYYY too sensitive if you really give a crap about your birthday being known. Grow up and match your age maybe?

Let me break it down for you. People NOT on the list are NOT accident free. Understand now?

I spoke to the ETL-HR today and she immediately took it down. Said that another ETL put it up.

By the way, this list just listed people as though it was their anniversaries. Thus, people that were accident free, say between 11-14 years, were not listed. But the ones that were at 10 and 15 years were. The minimum was three years. Therefore, team members did not have an accident for less than three years were not listed.

Also, let me state again, that is said right on this paper that this information should not to be posted *anywhere* in the store.

I spoke to the ETL-HR today and she immediately took it down. Said that another ETL put it up.

By the way, this list just listed people as though it was their anniversaries. Thus, people that were accident free, say between 11-14 years, were not listed. But the ones that were at 10 and 15 years were. The minimum was three years. Therefore, team members did not have an accident for less than three years were not listed.

Also, let me state again, that is said right on this paper that this information should not to be posted *anywhere* in the store.

I hope the ETL who posted it gets their ass handed to them.
Interesting to see how Spot tracks us and what they think of us.

And who cares about how old you are? Or if they know what your birthday is? geeze you are WAYYYYY too sensitive if you really give a crap about your birthday being known. Grow up and match your age maybe?

When the jokes are coming from leadership who are decades younger than you, the subtle message is that you don't fit the company image. Part of the reason I left the front end.

At my store that have a "naughty" cashier speed list, with TM'S NAMES on it! I think they shouldn't do that! They post it for anyone to see!

At my store that have a "naughty" cashier speed list, with TM'S NAMES on it! I think they shouldn't do that! They post it for anyone to see!

This crosses the line as well.
I don't think Spot would be happy about it.
Sound like some ETL is trying the shame-stick technique for motivation and breaking confidentiality rules to do it.

Yea mee too! Someone at my store posted the list on FB and in the TL meeting it was brought up that it can be a coaching! I stood up and said you can't coach a TM on what they post "off the clock" on Facebook!

Actually, that's proprietary information. You absolutely can coach for what's posted on social media.

Actually, that's proprietary information. You absolutely can coach for what's posted on social media.

Yea, that wasn't too smart.
We don't do that here either.
Spot can nail you for that legally.
What we 'say' here is semi protected, posting company reports and such is not.

Yea mee too! Someone at my store posted the list on FB and in the TL meeting it was brought up that it can be a coaching! I stood up and said you can't coach a TM on what they post "off the clock" on Facebook!

With the list posted, they can coach you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back