Archived Illness log

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's by my time clock too, and the one day I had to leave early due to food poisoning, they didn't record it lol.

But wtf is it? Seriously you want me to add a puke sample and some snot for you to test to? Assmonkies 🤬
What the fuck? who the Fuck asked you for your fucking puke sample? It says to fucking report a fucking illness, so you dont
Fucking infect others with your fucking aids. You nasty POS.

Did you take orientation? Sign the health policy? It's a reminder to follow the health policy.

In case you are wondering. If you have jaundice, vomiting, diarrhea, lesions with pus, or a sore throat with fever within 24 hours of your shift you have to report it.

No one cares if you have a runny nose or allergies. But Target is required by law to track associates that have any of the diseases on the health policy to prevent and control outbreaks.

Did you take orientation? Sign the health policy? It's a reminder to follow the health policy.

In case you are wondering. If you have jaundice, vomiting, diarrhea, lesions with pus, or a sore throat with fever within 24 hours of your shift you have to report it.

No one cares if you have a runny nose or allergies. But Target is required by law to track associates that have any of the diseases on the health policy to prevent and control outbreaks.

Makes sense, but it wasn’t enforced at my store when I was there. We had people working with colds, flu, whatever and they were never approached about it, not even the market team. I never saw anyone with a blue bandage, either. Scary.🤧🤒😷

Guess I should stop eating Taco Bell after work then, or I'd end up taking over the illness log. :oops:

I would think you're 1,000 more likely to catch an illness from a guest than a fellow TM. But do we track guest illness? Or kick ill guests out of the store for fear of spreading disease?

Nope. Can't bother the homeless people near Starbucks, despite their obvious hygiene issues, but god-forbid you don't report your sniffles as a TM. @Fluttervale, the sign doesn't mention those specific illnesses. It's very vague, to the point where a runny nose falls under its scope.

If Target were more forgiving when it came to sick time, people wouldn't be coming to work sick in the first place. But you're harassed if you call in sick, poked and prodded until you provide "proof".
Exactly, about the guests. I love the ones when they come to check out and they are purchasing Nyquil, tissues, and cough drops. My hand sanitizer is right there to use after they leave. Not to mention all the buttons and surfaces they have touched. The guest coming up behind them will be touching what they have touched.

I have seen ETL's and TL's at work so sick (running a fever, and/or puking) and they should be home. Instead, they are at work sharing what they have with other TM's.

I have seen ETL's and TL's at work so sick (running a fever, and/or puking) and they should be home. Instead, they are at work sharing what they have with other TM's.
That’s exactly why people should be encouraged to stay home when they are sick instead of being browbeaten or threatened into coming to work and spreading sickness around to everyone else.🙄🤧🤢

It's been in my store, but I don't think we've recorded a single illness.

It's been well documented that some very contagious illnesses - norovirus, food poisonings - have been spread by employees who don't realize they're spreading their germs to so many people. In my state, there's even been some concern about Hep A being transmitted by food service workers. Typhoid Mary was a real person, not just a story. Not saying we have typhoid everywhere these days, but the point remains that some serious illnesses are spread very easily by workers handling food products.

That’s exactly why people should be encouraged to stay home when they are sick instead of being browbeaten or threatened into coming to work and spreading sickness around to everyone else.🙄🤧🤢
Lol shout out to that one person who comes in for their LOD shift practically on their deathbed and then ends up calling off the whole week until their next one because they made their condition worse by being at work instead of in bed or at the doctor.

Exactly, about the guests. I love the ones when they come to check out and they are purchasing Nyquil, tissues, and cough drops. My hand sanitizer is right there to use after they leave. Not to mention all the buttons and surfaces they have touched. The guest coming up behind them will be touching what they have touched.
The last time I cashiered a mom came thru my lane with four kids: one had an obvious case of Pink Eye, another had a nasty phlegmy cough & the other two had green snot all over their upper lip.
I raided the CA's closet for a can of disinfectant, using the whole can in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back