Archived In electronics for black friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a cashier and that's all I'm trained on, I looked at my schedule online for next week and it says I'll be in electronics on Thanksgiving when we open. Do they move cashiers to electronics on that day because it's crazy or is that not right? I know they're tweaking the schedule right now and it goes up tomorrow but I'm nervous if that's correct.

Black Friday plans call for having 2-3 cashiers (depending on number of registers) in electronics to ring people out so the electronics TMs can focus on answering guest questions.

Yep! That's what I did for my first Black Friday. I had only ever done cashiering, yet I was to be in Electronics. Literally, all I did was ring up iPads for my entire 8 hour shift. I only ever left the register when I was being sent to break or lunch. It's pretty much the exact same thing as being at the lanes, though you may want to familiarize yourself with Warrantees if you haven't already.

I don't remember if they ever trained me for Black Friday, but I remember on my down time. they'd send me to Electronics for an hour, to get some quick training/exposure for what to expect. If you're uncomfortable, ask an LOD if you can shadow someone in Electronics so you can get an idea what to expect.

Several of my friends who are Cashiers are doing Crowd Management in Electronics, you might be doing that.

More than likely you will be cashiering the Electronics Desk while the Electronics team will be busy handing guests items.

Or they just got scheduled using Electronic hours for cashiering. Just check with your GSTL/GSA for details.

Sorry to bump, but I have to say the same thing is happening to me as well. I've only been trained as a cashier, self-checkout, and occasionally cart attendant. I checked my schedule the week of Thanksgiving, and on that Saturday, I am scheduled in electronics even though I've never worked in electronics. I will try to familiarize myself with that area since I don't exactly know a lot about electronics. Hopefully, my GSTL will have some details when I come in tomorrow to ask about this.

Sorry to bump, but I have to say the same thing is happening to me as well. I've only been trained as a cashier, self-checkout, and occasionally cart attendant. I checked my schedule the week of Thanksgiving, and on that Saturday, I am scheduled in electronics even though I've never worked in electronics. I will try to familiarize myself with that area since I don't exactly know a lot about electronics. Hopefully, my GSTL will have some details when I come in tomorrow to ask about this.
You'll be cashiering

Just get used to warranties, that's it. You're there so the Electronics team can assist people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back